X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stokes would actually be a really good pick for OKC

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      what do you mean? outside of Ross and Demar we don't really have any swings that can score.

GV played a ton of the 2, sure, but that was more out of necessity.
      Ross and DeMar are 2s. If GV comes back he can play the 2 quite well, and actually fit very well in that role.

We have no SF, and if we get one (which we might already have lined up in Prince, and could even add another one), Ross will see more minutes at the 2. So there really aren't any minutes up for grab at the 2 spot. We have depth, talent and youth there already. And probably security there for the next 2 seasons. So we could draft Adams, but he'll probably spend 2 years rotting on the bench, which is hardly a great approach for development.

However we can draft someone at any other position and there's a good chance they could get minutes to develop this year or at least next year if they get stuck deep on the bench as rookies.

Comment

• We have TH plus some cash left to buy another pick in the 25 to 34 range. Whos in play ?
        Houston is trying to clear as much space as they can for a run at Lebron and Carmelo .. they are 25
        Phoenix at 28 has 3 picks and this is the last of them. Do they really want to be obligated to 3 rooks on an already young team
        Philly has 5.. yes 5 ! picks in the 2nd round. In order they are 32, 39, 47, 52 and 54. WOuld they sell the 32 or 39th ?
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          We have TH plus some cash left to buy another pick in the 25 to 34 range. Whos in play ?
          Houston is trying to clear as much space as they can for a run at Lebron and Carmelo .. they are 25
          Phoenix at 28 has 3 picks and this is the last of them. Do they really want to be obligated to 3 rooks on an already young team
          Philly has 5.. yes 5 ! picks in the 2nd round. In order they are 32, 39, 47, 52 and 54. WOuld they sell the 32 or 39th ?
          And a $4.5M TPE..... that is good until December.

ANd a $1.2M TPE that is good until July 10th or 11th - whenever Bargnani trade was completed last summer.

Comment

• Apparently Spurs wanted Capela, so it makes me want him even more. I'd like to grab him at 20 so OKC doesn't grab him, pretty sure they will if he's available. Ennis at 22 doesn't seem like too much of a gamble.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hoping we can pick up another late first/early second. Does anyone know which picks the Sixers own in the second round? Despite their roster from last season, I can't imagine them using all their second rounders.

Absolutely love picking up the Memphis pick (although I'd have preferred to send off the later second we had). I'm also hoping we DON'T package those picks to move up. This year's draft is literally full of depth and great players to pick from at our spot. I'm hoping we pick up whoever OKC is more likely to pick up between Ennis and Capela at 21 (with preference to Ennis because of what will follow) at 20 and the other one at 22 (if they're still on the board, if Capela was picked at 21, then Stokes here. If Ennis was picked at 21, then I'm either looking for another early second or picking up Inglis here).

Really high on Ennis who wouldn't have guessed as a possibility at 20. Even moreso given how great Vasquez was playing the 2 alongside Lowry at the 1 this season (where his lack of lateral quickness is minimized).

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
              Apparently Spurs wanted Capela, so it makes me want him even more. I'd like to grab him at 20 so OKC doesn't grab him, pretty sure they will if he's available. Ennis at 22 doesn't seem like too much of a gamble.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
              If Spurs want anyone, I'm immediately looking at them. No team finds better value than they do via the draft.
              Last edited by Just Is; Thu Jun 26, 2014, 01:42 PM.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• i honestly really can't see Capela falling to 20 but apparently that's just me
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Why is it thought OKC would take Capela? Because he has been compared to Ibaka? They already have an Ibaka. THE Ibaka.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if they took him, but where does he actually fit on their roster?

However they desperately need perimeter depth and talent, especially in terms of scoring, and especially in the backcourt. I could see Ennis being a prime target. Also Jordan Adams.

Comment

• i knew you'd come around on Adams!
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• If we draft Ennis do we let Nando, Stone and Buycks go?
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          i knew you'd come around on Adams!
                          Who, me? I like Adams, I just don't think he makes much sense for the Raps. He makes a lot of sense for OKC though.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            However they desperately need perimeter depth and talent, especially in terms of scoring, and especially in the backcourt. I could see Ennis being a prime target. Also Jordan Adams.
                            But they have Westbrook and Jackson, why would they take Ennis?

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              If we draft Ennis do we let Nando, Stone and Buycks go?
                              Stone or Buycks aren't big losses. Nando seems like he could become something though.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Who, me? I like Adams, I just don't think he makes much sense for the Raps. He makes a lot of sense for OKC though.
                                shhh its ok we are one now
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X