The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Is wrote: View Post
    Hoping we can pick up another late first/early second. Does anyone know which picks the Sixers own in the second round? Despite their roster from last season, I can't imagine them using all their second rounders.

Absolutely love picking up the Memphis pick (although I'd have preferred to send off the later second we had). I'm also hoping we DON'T package those picks to move up. This year's draft is literally full of depth and great players to pick from at our spot. I'm hoping we pick up whoever OKC is more likely to pick up between Ennis and Capela at 21 (with preference to Ennis because of what will follow) at 20 and the other one at 22 (if they're still on the board, if Capela was picked at 21, then Stokes here. If Ennis was picked at 21, then I'm either looking for another early second or picking up Inglis here).

If Spurs want anyone, I'm immediately looking at them. No team finds better value than they do via the draft.
    Masai is trying to do that by trading Salmons and 37 for Prince and 22
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      If we draft Ennis do we let Nando, Stone and Buycks go?
      I assume Stone and Buycks are gone regardless. As for Nando, it might depend on how comfortable MU/DC are with Vasquez playing backup SG (assuming that he re-signs).

Comment

• For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Chad Ford @chadfordinsider ·

On Mem-Tor deal @ESPNSteinLine reported. Look for Raptors to target Clint Capela at 22. Spurs were hoping he fell to 30.

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider ·

Raptors will consider Capela at #20, but think it’s increasingly likely that Tyler Ennis will fall to them there. Ennis > Capela
          Chad Ford @chadfordinsider ·

So if Mem-Tor deal goes through (& sounds like a draft night decision), Raptors would end up with both Ennis at 20 and Capela at 22 ...

If it plays out.... I love you Masai

Who am I kidding, I already do.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
            But they have Westbrook and Jackson, why would they take Ennis?
            Because Jackson fits well as a combo guard and they played him a lot at the 2 when Westbrook was healthy. However they also ended up playing Derek Fisher a lot as the backup PG. That was a disaster.

Ennis could have Fisher's role in his first year. And Jackson is only under contract for one more year, likely expecting a hefty raise afterward and OKC is cheap as hell. So it's possible Ennis succeeds Jackson as the prime bench guard, and could probably fit well next to Westbrook with Westbrook playing SG.

But generally their biggest problem is a lack of offence from multiple spots. They had too many useless players their last year. That's why I also see Jordan Adams as a very legit option for them.

Comment

• For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                If it plays out.... I love you Masai

Who am I kidding, I already do.
                He will have traded Bargnani and Gay for less money, a bench (that admittedly might fall apart this offseason) and multiple draft picks including one first rounder this year and a 2016 pick which could be in the lottery (certainly possible that DEN and NYK suck that year).

A job well done I say.
                Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jun 26, 2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Patience!

Cap space in 2015 and 2016 way way way way more important than 2014.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

• So if this trade goes through and we keep Prince is he worse then Salmons?

Because everyone knows Casey loves his vets

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      He will have traded Bargnani and Gay for less money, a bench (that admittedly might fall apart this offseason) and multiple draft picks including one this year and a 2016 pick which could be in the lottery (certainly possible that DEN and NYK suck that year).

A job well done I say.
                      Masai is some sort of Magician LMAO

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        So if this trade goes through and we keep Prince is he worse then Salmons?

Because everyone knows Casey loves his vets
                        He's probably pretty similar to Salmons, except for one important fact: Prince actually has the length to guard taller (if not heavier) SFs. We will actually have at least one true SF on the roster.

Comment

• Ennis and capela ennis and capela ennis and capela ennis and capela ennis and capale ennis and capela and maybe inglis too!!!
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

That's my ideal scenario since those were literally the two players I most wanted the Raptors to pick from at the 20. Wouldn't have even guessed picking up both would have been a possibility.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• They need Prince to play backup SF more than they need the extra cap room from stretching him. That along with the future cap hits means there's no real chance of him getting stretched.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• My board changes very little with this deal, just hope to get 2 of the guys I wanted with 20.

Ennis hopefully at 20. Used to want Payton or Ennis but it looks impossible Payton will fall.

Before also had Capela, Anderson and Porzingis as other options...Porzingis is out, but I'd still be quite happy with Capela or Anderson. And if both are gone, something like McDaniels or Stokes.

Comment

Working...
                                X