The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 off the books

Amir 7M, Prince 7.5M, Fields 6.5M, Hayes 6.0M, the 650K we owe Camby, 1.7M to Stone and Buycks (if we keep them) and 3.3M to Hansbrough if he isn't waived
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• what happens if Prince decides to retire?
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          what happens if Prince decides to retire?
          Unless they agree on a buyout, he loses $7M and Raps have a cap hit of $7M (but don't have to actually pay $7M).

If they agreed to, say, $1M, Prince gets a $1M and Raps have a cap hit of $1M.

Comment

• We should snag that 29th pick from OKC to pick up Inglis...

A draft of Ennis, Inglis and Capela would have me over the moon

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post

NAWWW we better select Tyler at 20. If we select him at 20 there is a very good chance OKC takes Tyler at 21.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post

Ennis would be a great feel good story but I think you have to take Capela at 20 unless you know for certain he is going to be there at 22.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  And a $4.5M TPE..... that is good until December.

ANd a $1.2M TPE that is good until July 10th or 11th - whenever Bargnani trade was completed last summer.
                  Houstons only stinky contract is with Lin. Think that would be just to much to choke down for the 25th.
                  Phoenix has Channing Frye @ 6.8M for one more year. TH's 3.3 + the TPE gets us there but for 28 ? That would be a draft floor decision.
                  Philly might drive a hard bargain. Having to take Thad Young's 9.4 + 32nd pick for TH's 3.3 and all our MLE. Lots of cap space for Sam and we eat 9.4 for this year and next. Cuts our cap space in 2015 from 13M to almost nothing.
                  Maybe there is something else out there.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Capela at #20
                    Ennis at #22
                    Bachynski at #59
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      NAWWW we better select Tyler at 20. If we select him at 20 there is a very good chance OKC takes Tyler at 21.
                      I heard from a lot of reports that OKC wants Capela at 21, so I rather take him at 20 and pray OKC doesn't pick Ennis at 21. Besides, they have Jackson, and Westbrook. I think Adams would be a good fit for them.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Ennis would be a great feel good story but I think you have to take Capela at 20 unless you know for certain he is going to be there at 22.
                        See but I feel the same way, just reversed. I see OKC as having more interest in Ennis than Capela. So I'd rather snatch Ennis and live with the chance OKC takes Capela, which I actually see as far from a certainty. Again I see wing or backcourt positions as a higher priority for OKC.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          We should snag that 29th pick from OKC to pick up Inglis...

A draft of Ennis, Inglis and Capela would have me over the moon
                          Not sure how you do it though.

I know I've talked a lot about Perkins but OKC has 11 roster spots filled with about $8M to fill out roster.

If they use two picks and are on roster next year they essentially have their roster filled out plus MLE to use this summer and they are NOT tax payers.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Houstons only stinky contract is with Lin. Think that would be just to much to choke down for the 25th.
                            Phoenix has Channing Frye @ 6.8M for one more year. TH's 3.3 + the TPE gets us there but for 28 ? That would be a draft floor decision.
                            Philly might drive a hard bargain. Having to take Thad Young's 9.4 + 32nd pick for TH's 3.3 and all our MLE. Lots of cap space for Sam and we eat 9.4 for this year and next. Cuts our cap space in 2015 from 13M to almost nothing.
                            Maybe there is something else out there.
                            A player must fit within a single TPE - you can't use a TPE in combination with anything else (ie: cap space, another TPE, a player salary, etc).

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              See but I feel the same way, just reversed. I see OKC as having more interest in Ennis than Capela. So I'd rather snatch Ennis and live with the chance OKC takes Capela, which I actually see as far from a certainty. Again I see wing or backcourt positions as a higher priority for OKC.
                              True.

I could argue it both ways.

honestly, Stokes is a guy who I think would be a great fit for OKC. They don't really have a low post scorer.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if Capela and Mcdaniels are the targets, bring the block party!!!!!!!!!!
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X