The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    A player must fit within a single TPE - you can't use a TPE in combination with anything else (ie: cap space, another TPE, a player salary, etc).
    mcHappy wrote: View Post
    You can't use TPEs like that and you can't trade MLE..

Getting giddy or greed or both right now. That we now potenially sit with 20 and 22 instead of 20 and 37 would be have been received well as little as 24 hours ago. Lets hope the proposed deal goes through and see what else happens at the swap meet that is currently underway. Getting back into the second round in the 30's for cash or for TH's expiring would be a fine days work for the Raps.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Memphis' 2015 First Round Draft pick is property of Cleveland (1-5 and 15-30 protected). This means that the proposed trade couldn't go down until Memphis has made their selection. Also allows the Raptors to ensure the player they want is there.
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• I wonder if OKC would do #22 + $1 million for #21. Then we wouldn't need to worry about trying to guess which of Capela/Ennis they'd be more likely to take at #21 (assuming Ennis and Capela are the targets for Masai).

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
          Memphis' 2015 First Round Draft pick is property of Cleveland (1-5 and 15-30 protected). This means that the proposed trade couldn't go down until Memphis has made their selection. Also allows the Raptors to ensure the player they want is there.
          ahhhhhh that makes sense. i was wondering why they were saying it was going to be a draft day deal for certain
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            True.

I could argue it both ways.

honestly, Stokes is a guy who I think would be a great fit for OKC. They don't really have a low post scorer.
            Stokes is the reason why I lean towards drafting Ennis first. While I honestly do think that OKC could very possibly draft the one we don't draft (between Ennis and Capela), Stokes would be a better back up choice to not getting Capela than the back up choice for not picking up Ennis would be.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              Trade down for what
              Now I can't get that song out of my head.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                ahhhhhh that makes sense. i was wondering why they were saying it was going to be a draft day deal for certain
                also, after 2pm, the draft order is set and teams have to technically trade rights to players, not picks
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Trying to think who the Raps could trade with to get a late 20s/early 30s pick to nab Inglis if the Memphis deal goes through and we lose our 37th pick.

Clippers? Maybe they want Hansbrough? They need frontcourt depth. It would give them somebody to take shots at guys so Blake doesn't have to get some many techs himself.

No clue if it really makes sense, but what do you guys think in general? Who are the most likely targets for a trade in that range?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Trying to think who the Raps could trade with to get a late 20s/early 30s pick to nab Inglis if the Memphis deal goes through and we lose our 37th pick.

Clippers? Maybe they want Hansbrough? They need frontcourt depth. It would give them somebody to take shots at guys so Blake doesn't have to get some many techs himself.

No clue if it really makes sense, but what do you guys think in general? Who are the most likely targets for a trade in that range?
                    Phoenix at 27 because they have 3 1st rounders and 27 is the worst of them
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Phoenix at 27 because they have 3 1st rounders and 27 is the worst of them
                      What do you think PHX would want for it though?

Comment

That's true too. They need scoring in general, or at least players who can contribute on offence. Ennis would make sense. Jordan Adams could. And Stokes could, and actually would fit better next to Ibaka than Capela would. A guy who could bang in the post on both ends and give the Thunder some inside game on offence.
                        The thing about OKC is that you have to remember they are very good at drafting. They really haven't had a major miss since they drafted Durant in 2007 (the same year that they drafted both Carl Landry and Glen Davis as second-rounders); their only first-round bomb was Craig Brackins in 2010, the same year they drafted Eric Bledsoe and Quincy Pondexter with late firsts. Since then it's been productive player after productive player.

Part of the reason they're so good is because they know that BPA usually trumps immediate need. Part of the reason they're so good is because they scout very well. My point is: any plan where we draft Capela or Ennis first so that OKC doesn't get them probably results in them drafting the other at 21, because at 21 you'll be hardpressed to beat either Capela or Ennis for BPA. Maybe Kyle Anderson, if he's available at that point, but other than that...?

Comment

What do you think PHX would want for it though?
                          Cash? They are known for trading away late 1st rounders for money

How much can we offer them anyone know?

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Cash? They are known for trading away late 1st rounders for money

How much can we offer them anyone know?
                            3 mill and we have it because of the bargnani deal. One of the reasons why the Knicks couldn't buy a pick was because they gave us 1.2mill. They no longer had enough
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• So are we not drafting inglis anymore? We gave up 37 and I don't we pick him with 20 or 22

Comment

• TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                                So are we not drafting inglis anymore? We gave up 37 and I don't we pick him with 20 or 22
                                It's possible we draft him with the #22, Inglis is a late 1st rounder now on mock drafts

Comment

Working...
                                X