The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    He's already growing on me lol. His physical prowess is impressive. If he truly can score from anywhere, than he has all the tools to become the Brazilian Durant.

Im excited to see this guy in Toronto
    Im excited to see him too but I dont wanna wait 4 years
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
      He's already growing on me lol. His physical prowess is impressive. If he truly can score from anywhere, than he has all the tools to become the Brazilian Durant.

Im excited to see this guy in Toronto
      Im excited to see him too but I dont wanna wait 4 years
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        I just have to say a couple things.

This isn't like Val or Giannis at all. Those guys were scouted. There were videos, reports, rudimentary measurements. Val moreso than Giannis, but people had heard of them, and they were generally known to be in the mix to be picked.

Almost no one, and I'm including people who follow the draft like crazy, almost no one has heard of Bruno. (On a side note, it's interesting to me that DX only released a video scouting report today, almost as if they kept it quiet until the draft.)

So the question is, could we have picked Bruno at 37? On June 19th Alex Kennedy reported that Bruno had a second-round promise. If that was somebody other than us, maybe Masai wanted to make sure he got his guy and wasn't willing to move into the late first round to do so.

It's a giant wtf, but I hope the picture will become clearer after Masai explains it. Because right now I think it's totally fine to be dumbstruck.
        I'd actually say that this pick is closer to the Giannis pick than the Giannis pick was to the Val. Val had been on everyone's radar for a long time, played in a bunch of international competition...Po, on the other hand, was very much an unknown.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
          I am pissed , we could have for this guy at 59

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          It REALLY doesn't sound like we could've.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            With way more emoticons
            He usually specializes in which to me is like adding emphasis to the "lolz ur all so dumb and I know best"

Comment

This isn't like Val or Giannis at all. Those guys were scouted. There were videos, reports, rudimentary measurements. Val moreso than Giannis, but people had heard of them, and they were generally known to be in the mix to be picked.

Almost no one, and I'm including people who follow the draft like crazy, almost no one has heard of Bruno. (On a side note, it's interesting to me that DX only released a video scouting report today, almost as if they kept it quiet until the draft.)

So the question is, could we have picked Bruno at 37? On June 19th Alex Kennedy reported that Bruno had a second-round promise. If that was somebody other than us, maybe Masai wanted to make sure he got his guy and wasn't willing to move into the late first round to do so.

It's a giant wtf, but I hope the picture will become clearer after Masai explains it. Because right now I think it's totally fine to be dumbstruck.
              BINGO Read this post few times guys.

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                2 scouts went 2 watch Bruno,one was San Antonio the other Raptors,enough said.
                San Antonio was gonna pick this kid,that's why they couldn't wait till second round.

Simmons is starting 2 p@!s me of,literally.
                Just stop Simmons,u suck.
                Man, If San Antonio was the only other team scouting him, and Masai thinks they are going to take him at 30, then if he likes him, take him.

This is San Antonio we're talking about. Parker, Ginobili, Leonard. The kings of scouting.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Bogdan...nice pick.
                  Reminds me of Peja Stojakovic
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• The way this draft is going. The Raps could get a real good player at 37.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I'm good with the pick, guys are dropping to the second round

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                        It REALLY doesn't sound like we could've.
                        I pray ur right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          With way more emoticons
                          RR loosing their mind and throwing tantrums Relax guys, in MU we trust

Here few extra ones just for u my friend

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                            BINGO Read this post few times guys.
                            You realize his post is an infinite times more optimistic than literally all your past posts, correct?

Comment

• He IS NO KD, he is more like Nicolas Batum.

Comment

The Spurs might have picked him at 30. Maybe Masai knew that as a fact.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X