3.) New York (to Denver) (6-16)
        4.) Sacramento (6-14)
        5.) Philadelphia (7-17)
        6.) Orlando (7-16)
        7.) Brooklyn (8-15)
        8.) Toronto (8-13)
        9.) Cleveland (9-13)
        10.) Los Angeles Lakers (10-12)
        Like i said before, if the Raps keep Lowry, Amir and DD. They will be drafting in the 7-12 range.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• wow Bucks have a worse record than Utah?

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            wow Bucks have a worse record than Utah?
            And that's with the Jazz starting Richard Jefferson. Sheesh.

Comment

• With this team we have currently there will be no way for us to finish bottom 5. DD and amir are putting in to much work
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• SPECIAL TALENT: How good is Jabari Parker, Duke’s gifted freshman small forward?

An NBA player recently told me he played against Parker while the latter was a junior in high school in Chicago and felt Parker was talented enough then to start for several NBA teams.

http://journaltimes.com/sports/baske...9bb2963f4.html

Comment

• Yes, but what would Jim Boeheim have said if he was successful at recruiting Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker?

There’s plenty of talk about teams tanking this season for the chance to draft Wiggins, Parker, Julius Randle, Joel Embiid and the other elite players expected in the upcoming draft. You need franchise changing players to win in the NBA and if you’re a mid-to-small market NBA team the draft is how you need to get those kinds of players. In short, Milwaukee is doing the right thing.

But legendary Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim doesn’t see it that way and said so to Zagsblog on SNY.TV.

“There’s no player that’s out there on the horizon that’s a Tim Duncan or a LeBron James,” the Hall of Fame Syracuse coach told SNY.tv by phone Thursday.]

“I’ve seen all these guys play. I think they’re very talented players. They’re not that kind of player. They’re not transcendent players that are gonna make your franchise into a 10-12-15-year winning franchise because you’re there. I don’t see that.”
                  Did he feel that Paul George was going to be one? Boeheim is a guy that certainly knows the game and has impeccable credentials, let’s just say that most scouts (not all, but a strong majority) disagree with Boeheim here.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...h-tanking-for/

Anyone thinking the 2014 draft pick alone will right the ship is out to lunch.

To take the build-through-upper-selections-of-draft approach I approve of, the commitment has to be there for at least 2 drafts and possibly a third.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

To take the build-through-upper-selections-of-draft approach I approve of, the commitment has to be there for at least 2 drafts and possibly a third.
                    Or you need to get one or more extra picks in each of two or three drafts...don't have to play like crap for three years to get there.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      Or you need to get one or more extra picks in each of two or three drafts...don't have to play like crap for three years to get there.
                      True.

But even that approach took OKC 3 drafts.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

Hopefully, though, Val was actually the first of those.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• If the Raptors want to be successful and win at the same time. Masai is going to have to flip lowry for a 2014 first rounder SOMEHOW. Amir, DeRozan, JV, and Ross are 4 guys i want on the Raptors long term, everyone else can go. Thing is, we don't have any assets outside of those 4 that could land us a 1st rounder besides lowry. It's going to be tough and i'll be extremely heartbroken if any of those 4 go. We'll see what goes down

Comment

• Based on what I've seen from Vasquez so far, I'm not sure trading Lowry would even affect our win total much.

Comment

• IMO if the raptors even end up like 6th worst and someone like Dante Exum, Marcus Smart, Arron Gordan then we can walk away from the draft happy.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                IMO if the raptors even end up like 6th worst and someone like Dante Exum, Marcus Smart, Arron Gordan then we can walk away from the draft happy.
                                If the Raps got Marcus Smart I would apologize for all my anti-tanking comments. Smart is a special talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X