The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gokhan wrote: View Post
    I understand there's a lot of "if's" still to be answered, but being Smart a much more established player at the college level wouldn't you take him over Wiggins bearing in mind that pg is our most weak position in the depth chart?

Or better yet: consider we have the 2nd pick overall and wiggins has beeen taken nÂș1
    You always take the best talent regardless of need

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Why not Parker? Or randle? Or exum?

Oh... And why not wait until at least march madness?

I think this us early but to answer your question, wiggins.
      100%.

I'd want to see how they play under the bright lights.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

If only that was always true....

Comment

No doubt.

It would have seen ai over Hoffa and Drummond over Ross.

Comment

Duke plays Kansas on Tuesday in Chicago. Wiggins vs. Parker in Parker's home town.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
              If he wants to come here, he can force his way here.
              I can think of no better way to advertise your team to other players than to make room for someone who proved to be cancerous on another!

Seriously: this is so stupid it boggles the mind. It's directly counterproductive to Wiggins' interests - he wants to have a long, healthy career and the scenario you're describing is completely antithetical to that. (Look what happened to Steve Francis when he demanded a trade.)

Comment

If we won the lottery, it's obviously Wiggins or Randle. If we came 5th to 10th, I would say go after M.Smart or Semaj Christon (Our future PG) since it's our weakest position. I don't want to see Raptors picking any of Parker, A.Harrison or J.Embiid. I see potential in them but we dont' need them in our rosters. It would be cool if we can land D.Exum but that means goodbye DeMar.

M.Smart/K.Lowry
                DeRozan/T.Ross
                Gay/L.Fields
                Free Agent PF/Amir
                Val/Backup C

I like this lineups for our future!

Comment

doesn't matter, Toronto is doing a great job of securing that coveted 14th pick right now..... run hampster run!

Comment

and if you get a logjam, you make an asset of one of them and get a need.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                      I can think of no better way to advertise your team to other players than to make room for someone who proved to be cancerous on another!

Seriously: this is so stupid it boggles the mind. It's directly counterproductive to Wiggins' interests - he wants to have a long, healthy career and the scenario you're describing is completely antithetical to that. (Look what happened to Steve Francis when he demanded a trade.)
                      Look what happened when Kobe did it.

Comment

• peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                        Look what happened when Kobe did it.
                        Kobe never actually asked to be traded:
                        http://www.journalnow.com/archives/a...b924628ec.html

Comment

• Another big game for Randle today.. 22pts, 14rbs, 3ast, 1blk. Shot 6/7 and made 10/14 free throws.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Another big game for Randle today.. 22pts, 14rbs, 3ast, 1blk. Shot 6/7 and made 10/14 free throws.
                            Obviously just 2 games and against weak competition BUT he is averaging:

14.5 rebs/game
                            22.5 points on just 9.5 field goal attempts with 13.5 free throw attempts per game?????

HOLY POOOP!

This draft is not just about Wiggins.
                            Randle and Parker are going to be no consolation prizes.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

Hmmmm, "antithetical". Great word! But the point raises a couple of questions.

1. If Wiggins turns out to be anywhere close to what most think, how would such action prevent him from having "a long, healthy career"? Seriously, if he got what he wants, what about such a demand would prevent him from having a long and healthy career in Toronto?
                              2. Antithetical again: unlike the single example of Steve Francis, though his demands aren't what made him a scrub, there are many teams that have tanked in an attempt to get superstars. Not ONE has ever one a championship from doing so. So,,,,,,,,,,,, wouldn't that make the concept of tanking antithetical to a team's interests?

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
                                Hmmmm, "antithetical". Great word! But the point raises a couple of questions.

1. If Wiggins turns out to be anywhere close to what most think, how would such action prevent him from having "a long, healthy career"? Seriously, if he got what he wants, what about such a demand would prevent him from having a long and healthy career in Toronto?
                                2. Antithetical again: unlike the single example of Steve Francis, though his demands aren't what made him a scrub, there are many teams that have tanked in an attempt to get superstars. Not ONE has ever one a championship from doing so. So,,,,,,,,,,,, wouldn't that make the concept of tanking antithetical to a team's interests?
                                Did teams tank or were they just naturally bad and ended up getting Bird, Isiah, Jordan, Hakeem, and Duncan?

In the end, what is the difference? The only thing I can think of is karma. In all those teams, bad teams get top talent and win championships.

And here is the kicker, all of those teams won within 9 years of obtaining their franchise talent. Why is that important? Because 4 year rookie contract plus 5 year max extension. Bird won in 3 years; Isiah in 7; Jordan in 7; Hakeem in 9; and Duncan in 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X