Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose - 23rd in the NBA (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magoon wrote: View Post
    Matt's list was of the teams that both might want Rudy and have the assets to be able to trade for him, which was why Detroit was his "least likely" - they have no picks they can trade, which means they're looking at Greg Monroe plus bodies for Rudy most likely, and why would we do that when Monroe is about to want his fat extension?

Sacramento and Dallas have the same problem as Detroit. They both want to compete (or at least Sacramento's new ownership might want to look like they're competing) but what can they realistically trade for Rudy? Dallas can't trade a first-round pick because their first-rounder is committed through 2018 (it's a protected trade to OKC, so they can't trade future first-round picks until the OKC pick resolves) and other than picks what do they have? You need to throw in Shawn Marion just to make the money even BEGIN to work and then what - Ricky Ledo? Jae Crowder? Gal Mekel? I don't see that happening.

Sacramento has it even worse. First-round pick committed to Cleveland through potentially 2017, all of their second-rounders gone for the next few years, and all they would realistically be moving is Jimmer Fredette and one of their surplus of bigs (Mbah a Moute, Patterson, or Jason Thompson) plus John Salmons' salary to make the numbers work.

We went through this a few threads back. Milwaukee, Cleveland, Charlotte and maaaaybeeee Detroit are really the only teams both probably looking to improve at SF and who have the movable assets to justify trading Rudy away.
    Yes, but this completely ignores the possibility of 3 team trades. Maybe Dallas or Sacto have something another team wants, and that could help facilitate Gay being acquired by either of them. I agree that in a straight up situation, it's hard to find a suitor for Gay, but I also think that such situations are hardly the norm when it comes to blockbuster trades. Dallas and Sacto both have pieces, contractually speaking, that can work well enough to start a discussion.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Oct 11, 2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      I'm not sure that MU would be able to get a first-rounder back for Gay from anyone.

I'd be very happy with Jimmer, Jason Thompson and filler.
      Or maybe Mbah a Moute, Salmons (as salary filler, he will not have be on the team next season as he has a non-guaranteed deal) and filler.

Comment

Bill and Jalen really love Gay.....as a trade chip. Seen the Washington preview yet? Add them to the list

Comment

Cleveland wants LeBron, not Rudy, and they won't know what LeBron's decision is until June. If LBJ stays put then the Cavs may be interested in Rudy's expiring contract for next season, that is if Rudy doesn't opt out in June. Bottom line is that Rudy gets traded elsewhere or stays put this season.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Or maybe Mbah a Moute, Salmons (as salary filler, he will not have be on the team next season as he has a non-guaranteed deal) and filler.
            So all these trades are going to amount to Mbah a Moute for Ed Davis. I would have rather kept Davis and finished lower in the standings to have a shot at a decent player that will be the next trade target for Raptors Republic to want to trade for a similar player because the grass is always greener.

Comment

Working...
            X