Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big V vs Big Pek!....too soon for a game thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big V vs Big Pek!....too soon for a game thread?

Now I understand why all the sports radio stations here went nuts when the Leafs started preseason games. It's finally here. To anyone going to the game, enjoy.

first home preseason game after what feels like an eternity.. never too soon!!

Comment

game prediction:

Tylerputs K Love in a full nelson gets ejected. Ujiri in talks with Hansborough about an extension.

Comment

gonna go see this..... been so long since i was in the acc for a raps game
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Pretty sure Pek is going to dominate JV. He's physically too big. JV's going to have to figure out a way to use his speed and go around him.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
            Pretty sure Pek is going to dominate JV. He's physically too big. JV's going to have to figure out a way to use his speed and go around him.
            yeah I got a bad feeling about this game

Comment

Twolves are hungry for revenge after loosing to Sonny and the Moss-cows ... I'm afraid that they will steal this won by 9 ... Derozan makes 2/4 threes and RG will shoot 60%. Novakaine plays 14min. Gray Peks Pek.

Comment

“This is a good lesson for (Valanciunas) to learn how to play against smart players like Pekovic,” Casey said. “J.V. is not a finished product. He has a lot to learn. He had a lot of rookie-type fouls the other night in Boston and he has to learn from that.”

“Pekovic is one of the strongest players in the world – on the court – and he knows how to use it, how to play the game within the game and he is a handful. He is smart. He just knows how to play and he is a challenge for (Jonas Valanciunas).”

Raptors vs Timberwolves pregame - Pro Bball Report

This is about right on schedule for a Big V vs Big Pek thread. Great early test for JV.
                The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

JV will surprise with his ability to put Pekovic in his place.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I don't think Pek is THAT much stronger than JV. Sure, hes big, but all JV has to do is play smart and use his body the right way and he'll be fine

Comment

Pekovic is a tough matchup for anybody. Not a lot of guys with his skill and size. I'm pretty sure JV even said at some point that Pek was the toughest guy to cover that he's faced so far. It'll be good for Jonas though. Don't think size will be such a huge factor, though Pek should still have an advantage there, but Pek's skill and savvy in the post will be real tough for Jonas. Going to be watching the foul count.

Should be a fun game.

Comment

I just heard one of those eejits on TheFan590 say the Raptor is out for the season with a torn achilles. Say it ain't so... Say it ain't so!

Guess we'll see a lot more of the big balloon mascot... which isn't terrible. I used to piss myself at games when that thing came around.

Comment

Damn.

Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            I just heard one of those eejits on TheFan590 say the Raptor is out for the season with a torn achilles. Say it ain't so... Say it ain't so!

Guess we'll see a lot more of the big balloon mascot... which isn't terrible. I used to piss myself at games when that thing came around.
                            thank god!! when I first read that I thought you were talking about JV

Comment

Anyone got a good stream? Mine are all lagging reaaaallly hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X