What? No Gamethread? Boston @ Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    So whats this about Brad Stevens being pissed off saying Raps disrespected his team in the pre season game?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...-in-preseason/

what a little bitch.. also Casey continues to sing Ross's praises as well as Stone.
    Who the eff is Brad Stevens? lol

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Who the eff is Brad Stevens? lol
      Ex butler coach and now youngest coach in NBA. He's a rookie.

Comment

• wow. after the first quarter this game got really ugly.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Ex butler coach and now youngest coach in NBA. He's a rookie.
          I know. I was just poking fun at how much of a no-name he is, and why anyone would care he was offended by something the Raptors did

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
            What are you talking about? No one hates Ross -- we all hope he improves. But the man isn't good enough. He doesn't put it together. If the goal is to lose then maybe he's the 6th man. Fields can defend players 1-4, probably the smartest bball player on this team. Psycho T puts in work. Both Buycks and Augustine can play spot minutes at the 2 and don't take plays off. Novak scores 3s well above league wide percentages...What does Ross do better than any of those important roles? Dunk?

Enough Already! Look at the quality of him playing basketball and stop judging players on how they look jumping up and down. When Ross earns the 6th spot I'll be the first to acknowledge it, but he hasn't. All your proclamations that he has are silly. The man needs to put in work, stop taking plays off, be more active on defense and seek the ball rather than wait for it. He needs to take a more active responsibility of the second team vocally and physically. He's no longer a rook, it will be his choice whether he grows or is traded.
            I should ask you that, what are you talking about? where did i mention the word hate? i dont think anyone on this board hates Ross(well maybe a few). But what i said was, everybody on this board was 'down' with Ross. And i understand why.

Anyway, the REAL problem with Ross is inconsistency. We know he can be a spark plug off the bench when he's on. We saw it 1st game of the preseason against the Celtics. We saw it again the other night against the Celtics as well.

So far, 5 preseason games. 2 great games and 3 so-so games. That's the problem right there.

Btw, did u just say that DJ and a rookie in Buycks who i dont think is good enough to be a 3rd string PG should get more mins at the 2 than Ross? come on, give me a break!
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              I should ask you that, what are you talking about? where did i mention the word hate? i dont think anyone on this board hates Ross(well maybe a few). But what i said was, everybody on this board was 'down' with Ross. And i understand why.

Anyway, the REAL problem with Ross is inconsistency. We know he can be a spark plug off the bench when he's on. We saw it 1st game of the preseason against the Celtics. We saw it again the other night against the Celtics as well.

So far, 5 preseason games. 2 great games and 3 so-so games. That's the problem right there.

Btw, did u just say that DJ and a rookie in Buycks who i dont think is good enough to be a 3rd string PG should get more mins at the 2 than Ross? come on, give me a break!
              Stop trolling me. Stop insinuating things that I am not saying. And watch basketball properly. Don't just look at the person with the ball. Look at all five players. Are Buycks or Augustine as skilled as Terrance? No. But they do their job a hell of a lot better.
              That is the crux of everything I have said Talent > Skill.

Skills may get a player to the league but talent is what pays the bills.

Who would you rather have on your team Gerald Green or Kahwi Leanord?
              The kid who can jump out the building or a rock who makes his team better?
              Do you want to win or look pretty?

This isn't even a debate. Stop being facetious.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                Stop trolling me. Stop insinuating things that I am not saying. And watch basketball properly. Don't just look at the person with the ball. Look at all five players. Are Buycks or Augustine as skilled as Terrance? No. But they do their job a hell of a lot better.
                That is the crux of everything I have said Talent > Skill.

Skills may get a player to the league but talent is what pays the bills.

Who would you rather have on your team Gerald Green or Kahwi Leanord?
                The kid who can jump out the building or a rock who makes his team better?
                Do you want to win or look pretty?

This isn't even a debate. Stop being facetious.
                Funny you said that because that is actually what you'r'e doing.

"Are Buycks or Augustine as skilled as Terrance? No. But they do their job a hell of a lot better"

Better? Based on? Augustine is a good PG and i think he'll be the back up BUT he has never played SG in his career. He's 6'0 for god's sake. And Buycks? LOL. You really think he can play the 2 better than Ross?
                Last edited by The Great One; Fri Oct 18, 2013, 06:03 PM.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Funny you said that because that is actually what you'r'e doing.

"Are Buycks or Augustine as skilled as Terrance? No. But they do their job a hell of a lot better"

Better? Based on? Augustine is a good PG and i think he'll be the back up BUT he has never played SG in his career. He's 6'0 for god's sake. And Buycks? LOL. You really think he can play the 2 better than Ross?
                  i think he was talking about their respective roles, not ross's role specifically.

Comment

Working...
                  X