Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we tanking or is Casey just stupid? Why is JV getting backup minutes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    Casey is trying to keep his job with wins. Unfortunately, trying to match-up with the defending Champs best line-up by going away from your team strength (which conveniently is the Heat's weakness) is just a bad decision. Small-ball will work against a lot of teams, but against Miami (especially without Bosh), you have to play big and pound the rock.
    The fact that Casey does not see this is disturbing.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I really hope it is the reason behind things.

If not, then Casey really is an awful coach and the Raptors are going to put JVs development in the pooper.
      Unfortunately. it is the latter, not the former. Don't be surprised if we lose to Charlotte tonight.

Comment

I'm hoping we do lose...gotta cheer for the tank in order to cheer for the championship...

Comment

I dunno.
          I'm as analytical as anybody when it comes to watching basketball, but keeping Casey is just not a strategy that makes sense.
          If you're trying to showcase your players, you leave them in the hands of a coach who can't run an offense...?
          No. No, you don't.
          Raptors basketball has been claw-your-eyes-out bad this season, and Ujiri knows this matters.
          I, a person who is interested enough to post here, have found the Raptors unwatchable so far.

Ok, he may not have a good replacement.
          That's a fine reason to wait.
          He also may want to assemble a team he likes before bringing in the coach he wants.

To me, those are the only acceptable reasons.

And guys, if you believe what Ujiri is saying, toss that showcasing shit out the window.
          That's fine if you don't, but that kind of tactic is exactly what the Raptors were supposed to be moving beyond (having a GM making the coaching decisions behind the scenes).

Comment

I realize I didn't get to the point above:
            Keeping Casey is a mistake because it produces unwatchable basketball.
            Period.

It's just not worth it.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
              I realize I didn't get to the point above:
              Keeping Casey is a mistake because it produces unwatchable basketball.
              Period.

It's just not worth it.
              Not even as our tank commander?

Comment

He is perfect for tanking except for Jonas' development. Maybe they are right that Jonas is untouchable so they aren't showcasing him. Unfortunately the guys who are playing are showcasing that they are worthless.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Unfortunately. it is the latter, not the former. Don't be surprised if we lose to Charlotte tonight.
                  Could see this coming. We are not a playoff team if we cannot beat Atlanta and Charlotte period. DC not fouling at end of game shows how stupid and incompetent he really is . Five games in it seems obvious to me there will be a big trade mid-December we will miss playoffs and get screwed yet again in the lottery.

Comment

I can just imagine Wiggins in a Raps jersey.
                    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                      I can just imagine Wiggins in a Raps jersey.
                      Stop dreaming . We will never win the lottery.

Comment

"Masai WILL win us a championship"
                        - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

You never know. NBA might just rig it for us. I mean imagine the headlines and publicity. "College basketball superstar, Wiggins, comes home and is ready to lead his hometown team, Raptors, to the playoffs" I actually don't think it's all that unlikely for some odd reason xD

Comment

JV should be playing 35 minutes a game, at least.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                              JV should be playing 35 minutes a game, at least.
                              Agreed. Not to mention, he should get more post ups opportunities. I've noticed that most of JVs points come from offensive rebounds, running the fastbreak and cutting to the basket. He doesn't get all that many post up opportunities.

Comment

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X