Did Leiweke and Masai get too cute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magoon wrote: View Post
    Exactly. Cleveland is laying all their cards on LeBron opting out in 2014 and coming home. But what if he doesn't? They're going to need a small forward then and they'll have money lying around for just that purpose. "Well, hello, Rudy..."

And if you think this is unlikely, my response is: Amar'e Stoudemire is making $20M a season because New York needed to sign somebody when they couldn't snag LeBron.
    I don't disagree with your overall notion but Amare was definitely a max player when the Knicks signed him. 24 & 10 with a top-10 PER in the NBA the year before in Phoenix. Second team all NBA.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
      I don't disagree with your overall notion but Amare was definitely a max player when the Knicks signed him. 24 & 10 with a top-10 PER in the NBA the year before in Phoenix. Second team all NBA.
      Phoenix wanted to sign him to a 3 year deal max deal if I remember right.

They foresaw the knee issues.

NY didn't give a flying fig because as magoon said they had to sign someone. They had spent 3 years clearing cap space and couldn't come away empty handed.

And Amar'e did get them to the playoffs!

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
        DD has reached and receded from his ceiling. The only real play for MU at this point is a coaching change and hope the value of DD and RG increases. At this point it is unlikely to see any roster moves.
        I don't think this is true.
        I'm not high on either player and I would like them to be traded, but in DeMar's case it has a lot to do with how Colangelo's culture has molded him. I don't think he will ever outgrow it - here.
        I don't think DeMar will ever reach his ceiling with this team, and it's possible that other GMs will realize that.
        He's been misused from the start, he's developed bad habits, and - it's a gamble - but it's possible he would do much better in a new situation where it's not "his team", and the coach has a clue about offense.
        In short, on a team where he's put in his place.
        I think others will feel the same, and teams struggling to produce offensively will want him.
        (Oh man, if he went to Memphis...)
        (It's actually a good fit as a 6th man...)

The same applies to Rudy, but he's a much bigger gamble and not one I expect many GMs to bite on.
        The type of situation required to put him in his place would only be found on quite a good team...and I don't expect them to be interested.

I imagine we will get something of value for DeMar, whether it be picks or young talent, and Rudy will probably get us some players that have showed promise, but haven't really come through on their present teams.

Comment

I'd be thrilled to get Giannis 'Po for DD.

Not sure if that is possible.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I'd be thrilled to get Giannis 'Po for DD.

Not sure if that is possible.
            Not bad but i'd rather rid ourselves of Rudy first

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Not bad but i'd rather rid ourselves of Rudy first
              If the Raptors got 'Po I'd be more than happy to take Ben Gordon.

Leave the wings this season to Ross and 'Po and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
              X