Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #9: Toronto Raptors 103 - Memphis Grizzlies 87 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Spurs team ( w/ Duncan ) is one of the kind...psrs1, don't compare Spurs to Raptors. It's an insult to spurs organisation.

*Ginobilli plays for Spurs? Wow, I thought he's playing for Miami...
    My point is to find and draft the Leonard in this draft as per Spurs model. It is not impossible though improbable.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      But where is the Raptors Duncan, Parker, Ginobilli to put these players around?
      Ironically if rumours are true we could have gotten Tony Parker but Raptors brass thought he was too old. I get your point but it is entirely dependent on tanking then winning lottery then drafting right player then developing that player then drafting other pieces around him .

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
        You cannot bet nba on proline.
        figure of speech...sorry

Comment

• who was watching the memphis feed? The really annoying biased guy, is Sean Touhy, the guy who owns 85 fast food franchises and let micheal oher live with him while he played high school football (aka. sandra bullocks husband in the film adaptation the "blindside")

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            Ironically if rumours are true we could have gotten Tony Parker but Raptors brass thought he was too old. I get your point but it is entirely dependent on tanking then winning lottery then drafting right player then developing that player then drafting other pieces around him .
            But then there are drafts like 2014 where a top 5 pick is a very valuable thing.

Wiggins
            Parker
            Randle
            Smart
            Exum

Comment

I'm officially bi polar during raptor games
              Nothing sums up this start of the season better than that. The problem is, the equivalent of a bipolar season is playing .500. We need help.

Comment

Just had a bad night.

I wouldn't say he was awful.

Going up against two pretty good and experience players.

ZBo 4/9
                Gasol 6-14

But he certainly made his share of inexperienced mistakes versus two wise men.
                Ahh. cool.

Its gonna happen while he grows... I like him.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  figure of speech...sorry
                  np

Comment

• [QUOTE=Matt52;247151]But then there are drafts like 2014 where a top 5 pick is a very valuable thing.

Wiggins
                    Parker
                    Randle
                    Smart
                    Exum[/QUOTE

If I honestly believed drafting one of these five will lead to an NBA championship I would be all for it...I just do not think that it will be necessarily so...

Comment

• no, but you will NEVER do anything with what you have now.

Comment

• [QUOTE=psrs1;247211]
                        Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        But then there are drafts like 2014 where a top 5 pick is a very valuable thing.

Wiggins
                        Parker
                        Randle
                        Smart
                        Exum[/QUOTE

If I honestly believed drafting one of these five will lead to an NBA championship I would be all for it...I just do not think that it will be necessarily so...
                        That is the first step.

Then you presumably traded Gay/Lowry/DD and at the very least obtained cap space.

Use that cap space to acquire bad contracts and other assets.

Develop that young talent.

Sign value role players that add wins... like $4M for Danny Green.

Hire a coach who is respected and brings in team basketball.

Maybe trade that drafted talent and assets for established star player.

Hit free agency in 2 and 3 summer time with a young solid core to entice a star player.

No one is saying you draft one of those guys and *boom* championship. Isiah Thomas waited 7 years, Jordan 7, Hakeem 9. You build a team with a talented foundation and you can grow with confidence. You try to build on sub par talented foundation and you can be confident you go nowhere in the NBA.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          "3 and D" seems limiting to me. With some improvements in his ball handling ability, Ross could develop a pretty varied offensive repertoire.

He's too much of an athlete to be parked in the corner waving his hands for a kickout.
                          Exactly what I was thinking!

I mean yes hes very slight build but hes really tall at his position, improving his handle could go a long way for him cause really what player is going to stop Ross infront of the bucket?

However right now his Ball handles are like a Elementry School teams Center he dribbles into and has to stop right away. He could learn some post moves too.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Matt52;247220]
                            psrs1 wrote: View Post

That is the first step.

Then you presumably traded Gay/Lowry/DD and at the very least obtained cap space.

Use that cap space to acquire bad contracts and other assets.

Develop that young talent.

Sign value role players that add wins... like $4M for Danny Green.

Hire a coach who is respected and brings in team basketball.

Maybe trade that drafted talent and assets for established star player.

Hit free agency in 2 and 3 summer time with a young solid core to entice a star player.

No one is saying you draft one of those guys and *boom* championship. Isiah Thomas waited 7 years, Jordan 7, Hakeem 9. You build a team with a talented foundation and you can grow with confidence. You try to build on sub par talented foundation and you can be confident you go nowhere in the NBA.

You can do all of the above save fa signings without tanking . You never know how a highly touted prospect will turn out. This strategy is flawed yet you don't see it ..

Comment

• no it isn't. It blows me away that you believe it is.

Comment

• [QUOTE=psrs1;247255]
                                Matt52 wrote: View Post

You can do all of the above save fa signings without tanking . You never know how a highly touted prospect will turn out. This strategy is flawed yet you don't see it ..
                                Doing all of those things IS tanking. You're trading away current assets to become younger and less experienced. The Raptors get worse before they get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X