Asik has asked for a trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Say good bye to JV's development if its true.

I still think a 3 way with Milwaukee makes the most sense:

Milwaukee gets Asik/Lowry
    Houston gets Gay/Novak
    Toronto gets Lin/Butler/Udoh (or Ridnour) and picks from Houston and Milwaukee

... this would start the Tank movement.
    Trust me, this isn't really a tank move. We would actually play a lot better with Butler and Lin. Butler is a vet. He's not gonna jack up poor shots like Rudy gay but will still give you 15ppg. Lin is much better than Lowry at running the offense and the PNR. This would be same as if Calderon was still here. Casey wants a pass-first PG on his team, so Lin would actually make Casey's offense seem somewhat decent. We would have more ball movement rather than iso. More PNR with JV. We would actually be much better. Frankly, I see no point of Houston getting Gay. Why would they want an overpaid inefficient shot jacker when they have Parsons who is on a cheap-ass contract and almost same amount of scoring? Even if everyone agrees, no picks will be involved and they especially won't be coming to us...
    Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Fri Nov 15, 2013, 12:07 AM.

Comment

how funny would it be if Houston was in fact trading for Rudy Gay just days after he shot 11 for 37 IN HOUSTON

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
        how funny would it be if Houston was in fact trading for Rudy Gay just days after he shot 11 for 37 IN HOUSTON
        I don't really care if he shot 11 of 20. Houston has no incentive to take on Gay's contract. Parsons is a sufficient SF for their team on a dirt-cheap contract. Why waste 15 million worth of cap space on Gay?

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          Casey wants a pass-first PG on his team, so Lin would actually make Casey's offense seem somewhat decent.
          Let's be clear: Lin is a ball-dominant player. He's a scoring point guard who can also run the offense (unlike Lowry who isn't really comfortable running an offense on his own) but he's a touch-hungry player in a lot of ways. Not a selfish one, but he operates best when he gets a fair number of shots.

He'd improve Toronto's offense but he's not a natural fit with Casey.

Comment

I don't really care if he shot 11 of 20. Houston has no incentive to take on Gay's contract. Parsons is a sufficient SF for their team on a dirt-cheap contract. Why waste 15 million worth of cap space on Gay?
            I totally agree, just the thought of it is laughable on houstons part any way you look at it

Comment

If Asik is coming, Amir is going bye-bye. Is this not realized?
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I could see Toronto pushing a trade like this:

Gay & Augustin - Asik & Lin

I assume the intent would be to flip Asik. Also, once Lin is acquired, Lowry would likely become immediate trade bait.

Along with Novak, that would be 3 pretty good trade chips. That's without even getting to DeRozan, Johnson, Hansborough and Fields. The Raps also have 2 2nd round picks this year - their own or Sacramento's (one will go to Milwaukee, via Phoenix) & OKC's, to use as sweetener in any deals.

Regardless of the direction MU decides to take this team, he has lots of potential trade chips to use ahead of this year's draft.

EDIT: Could you imagine the craziness of the Toronto fanbase if Lin was added via trade, followed by Wiggins via the draft? lol The ACC would be rockin'!

EDIT: Could Asik get flipped to Charlotte, along with Fields, for Gordon and multiple 1st round picks? Asik, Jefferson, MKG, Henderson and Walker would form a pretty good starting lineup, with Sessions, Fields, Zeller & Biyombo on the bench.... and a 3-way trade even works in the ESPN Trade Machine (Augustin can't be included yet, but would still work).
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Nov 15, 2013, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Asheeeeeeek

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Say good bye to JV's development if its true.

I still think a 3 way with Milwaukee makes the most sense:

Milwaukee gets Asik/Lowry
                    Houston gets Gay/Novak
                    Toronto gets Lin/Butler/Udoh (or Ridnour) and picks from Houston and Milwaukee

... this would start the Tank movement.
                    It says the RAPTORS are highly interested. And no, getting Asik doesn't mean tank. It might actually make the Raps better.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Raps could be thinking Fields, and Hansborough...or dare I say moving Val?

I don't know. Was the issue not starting, or minutes? If the issue for Asik is minutes he could replace Hansborough as the first big off the bench. I really like Fields but when they shortened the bench he seemed to be the odd man out. (No way they would want DJ or any of the Raps inefficient wings.

I know moving Val would be horrible -- But would it surprise? Casey is not giving him minutes, and if he can convince Masai that he will never become the player Asik is....I just got the shivers thinking about it....ugh

Either way, the Rockets would have to find some draft picks to send the Raps way.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        I could see Toronto pushing a trade like this:

Gay & Augustin - Asik & Lin

I assume the intent would be to flip Asik. Also, once Lin is acquired, Lowry would likely become immediate trade bait.

Along with Novak, that would be 3 pretty good trade chips. That's without even getting to DeRozan, Johnson, Hansborough and Fields. The Raps also have 2 2nd round picks this year - their own or Sacramento's (one will go to Milwaukee, via Phoenix) & OKC's, to use as sweetener in any deals.

Regardless of the direction MU decides to take this team, he has lots of potential trade chips to use ahead of this year's draft.

EDIT: Could you imagine the craziness of the Toronto fanbase if Lin was added via trade, followed by Wiggins via the draft? lol The ACC would be rockin'!

EDIT: Could Asik get flipped to Charlotte, along with Fields, for Gordon and multiple 1st round picks? Asik, Jefferson, MKG, Henderson and Walker would form a pretty good starting lineup, with Sessions, Fields, Zeller & Biyombo on the bench.... and a 3-way trade even works in the ESPN Trade Machine (Augustin can't be included yet, but would still work).
                        I'm so baffled by how people don't realize that Houston wants absolutely nothing to do with Gay's huge contract. Why would they want his huge contract when they have Parsons? Parsons is very serviceable player that shoot more efficiently at a dirt cheap salary. I will repeat again for anyone else is gonna put a Gay to Houston trade proposal. Houston wants ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with Gay's huge ass contract!

Comment

can someone plz explain to me why asik and JV can not play on the floor at the same time? we already have hanborugh and JV on the floor together.

draft picks, JV, and ross are the only things I wouldnt put in a deal for this guy he has serious game.

Comment

I'm so baffled by how people don't realize that Houston wants absolutely nothing to do with Gay's huge contract. Why would they want his huge contract when they have Parsons? Parsons is very serviceable player that shoot more efficiently at a dirt cheap salary. I will repeat again for anyone else is gonna put a Gay to Houston trade proposal. Houston wants ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with Gay's huge ass contract!
                            they would want hansborugh, amir, acy to go with howard. even fields would be nice for them.

Comment

Trade JV for first round picks then...
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Can't think of a reason why Ujiri would trade for Asik, unless it's a part of something much bigger....

Comment

Working...
                                X