Asik has asked for a trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel wrote: View Post
    Oh I agree. Morey trading for Gay is about as likely as Bargnani replacing Rob Ford, but if we are discussing pipe-dreams (haha, get it, Rob Ford, pipe-dreams) then I'm fine with it. Only way it happens is a 3-way with Houston not getting Gay and us not getting Asik, which begs the question, are we even necessary for this equation? Possibly just to make the money work but unlikely. Houston could just trade Asik to Charlotte for a pick and be done with it.
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Exactly.

The Raptors "interest" in Asik could simply be Masai being, "Hey Morey, who do you want for Omer?", and hearing nothing but silence in return.
    The only thing is Houston needs help NOW. The are suppose to be a contender and right now they look anything but.

What does Charlotte send to help them NOW?

But I agree with the premise of Asik's value here. That is why I would welcome a trade. I believe it would be a quick stop for Asik. Charlotte or Cleveland should they decide to let Bynum go would be teams I think would want Asik and would give up a pick.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      The only thing is Houston needs help NOW. The are suppose to be a contender and right now they look anything but.

What does Charlotte send to help them NOW?

But I agree with the premise of Asik's value here. That is why I would welcome a trade. I believe it would be a quick stop for Asik. Charlotte or Cleveland should they decide to let Bynum go would be teams I think would want Asik and would give up a pick.
      True, Charlotte can't necessarily help them win immediately, but Morey is a smart guy. They have acquired most of the pieces and don't have any expiring deadlines to worry about. This team will compete, even if it takes a year to maximize their current group. Morey could also flip that pick for immediate help if he is so inclined. At the end of the day, I believe Morey will make the best long-term decision. A nice draft pick in a loaded draft to add to an impressive core is a great long term plan.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I know it's been floated around the ol' message boards, but I still think that an Asik/Ryan Anderson trade makes a ton of sense. Houston would get a floor-stretching, decent rebounding 4, Asik would be a big body to put next to Davis so he can patrol more on offense and defense.
        "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I could see Toronto pushing a trade like this:

Gay & Augustin - Asik & Lin

I assume the intent would be to flip Asik. Also, once Lin is acquired, Lowry would likely become immediate trade bait.
          I like it as a tanking trade, definitely. I'm still not sold on Lin being a quality starting PG.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Mundy wrote: View Post
            I know it's been floated around the ol' message boards, but I still think that an Asik/Ryan Anderson trade makes a ton of sense. Houston would get a floor-stretching, decent rebounding 4, Asik would be a big body to put next to Davis so he can patrol more on offense and defense.
            One of those teams must be pushing for a draft pick or prospect.

Makes too much sense not to be done

Comment

Ive been hearing Lins name pop up again and again why do we want him exactly? to bring the Fields and Lin show back on lol?

He can hit some good open looks though if anything Lin can actually shoot or maybe its just whenever he plays the Raps.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Ive been hearing Lins name pop up again and again why do we want him exactly? to bring the Fields and Lin show back on lol?

He can hit some good open looks though if anything Lin can actually shoot or maybe its just whenever he plays the Raps.
                Mainly to balance salaries if Gay is traded to Houston, at least from my perspective.

If not Gay, I'm curious what Toronto can offer that Houston would want (assuming Valanciunas is unavailable). Johnson?

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post

He'd improve Toronto's offense but he's not a natural fit with Casey.
                  hey dude, cuz I'm slow, can you explain in a little detail what you mean by this. So far, I'm not buying it.

Comment

i don't want anything to do with lin's contract
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                      hey dude, cuz I'm slow, can you explain in a little detail what you mean by this. So far, I'm not buying it.
                      Some point guards can run an offense all by themselves and effectively be offensive player-coaches - think Chris Paul or Jose Calderon or especially Andre Miller. Lin isn't quite there yet. He probably will get there eventually, because he's a very, very smart player, but he doesn't have that instinctive floor sense yet; he knows how to create his own shot and he recognizes the more obvious good looks (and more importantly, the more obvious BAD looks), but he can't go all Professor and figure out extremely advanced playmaking. And the latter is what Dwane Casey needs to compensate for his general lack of offensive playmaking skill.

Lin will get to that point eventually (he's probably already 2/3 of the way there). He's just not there right now.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        i don't want anything to do with lin's contract
                        He's an $8m cap hit. That's perfectly reasonable.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          One of those teams must be pushing for a draft pick or prospect.

Makes too much sense not to be done
                          Yeah, a team with a very astute GM vs. one that just capped himself out on Tyreke Evans off the bench.... sounds like one is stubborn and one has no wiggle room.
                          "This just in........ THE RAPTORS ARE AMAZING!"

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                            He's an $8m cap hit. That's perfectly reasonable.
                            and $15 mill next year
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

my wish list right now for a good tank consists of anthony bennett and dennis schroeder. masai make it happen!!

Comment

if i had my druthers on guys from this past draft i'd want Po
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X