Asik has asked for a trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnit482 wrote: View Post
    I dunno if this is realistic say we get Asik for whatever, then we trade Asik and Gay to Cle for Bennet Bynum (is he's a bust for them) and maybe a pick ideally?… Hopefully Bynum comes here and gets injured and sits his ass out for the year we suck get high pick.. I'm speaking very simplistically but you get my point
    Bold 1: "for whatever"? Ya think Houston might be a tad concerned about that trade?

Bold 2: Bynum is having a real difficult time getting over his current injury...you want him to suffer another one?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Bold 1: "for whatever"? Ya think Houston might be a tad concerned about that trade?

Bold 2: Bynum is having a real difficult time getting over his current injury...you want him to suffer another one?
      I think #2 is really interesting. I think Bynum's days of $12M per season are done. I think he is let go before January 7th. I think he could make a really good trade chip because whatever team gets him will get to waive him before Janaury 7th and save a tonne of salary and possible luxury tax. Oh wait, I think I've said this before. I think sorry is in order - sorry.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I could see Amir and his 'summer 3' drawing some interest from Houston, but he certainly wouldn't be sufficient return for Asik. I still think a multi-team trade is the only way Toronto would get involved.
        Well I think they may actually value Amir a lot more than you'd suspect.

Amir is probably exactly the type of guy Morey is looking for, the no stat all-star that's really under the radar in the main stream. but jumps out at you big time when you look at things like adjusted plus minus type stats. if you think about it, aside from the Dwight signing, almost everything else he's pulled in the last few year totally came out of left field, none of it was ever talked about before hand, the target is always never the guy most folks been drumming about.

That he can play some emergency / small ball C is also a big plus.

Houston need someone that can play defense. Amir is a lot more of that than the most widely rumored trade target .. aka Ryan Anderson. everyone rant on about how they need shooting when in fact they're still a top 5 scoring team despite all the mess so far. they just get stops to save their lives. their more experienced guys (particularly Harden / Parsons ) often tune out defensively while their more commited to defense guys (like Beverley and their young PFs) are so inexperienced that they often get killed in rotations, it's a toxic mix that Dwight Howard can only do so much for.

To illustrate why Morey would love a guy like Amir , as of today his +/- per 48 min this season is +3.8

The Raptor as a team is -0.5 per game.

If anything, I think Morey may be willing to overpay a bit for Amir , the question I have is why do the Raptors really need Omer Asik? if he's asking out because he doesn't want to backup Dwight, surely your not asking him to come and back up Jonas either. he's more of a win now player, he's reached his ceiling, it's a pretty good ceiling too, but if the Raptor' plan is to rebuild then he doesn't do you anything, if the plan is to win now... well are we looking at a Jonas trade then? or are we keeping him on the bench till later next year?

What direction Ujiri is really looking to go here has a massive impact on exactly what the Raptors want to do, nobody really knows for sure, the general feeling seem to be he'll sell due to the nature of new management and the question of this team's ceiling, if that's the case, then Asik ending up as a Raptor makes little sense, though as a facilitator 3 way it seems likely.

My pet trade is that assume A. Raptor sell B. Morey high on Amir C. Kings all in for this and next season. ends up with a trade like this.

http://www1.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6350782 (Raptors probably also get a few more picks, perhaps even Houston's first. there's some haggle room in this setup.)

This is what Ujiri is probably hoping to do in a sell situation. try to somehow disarm the Gay contract (and hopefully Derozan / Fields as well) while still getting real value in return.

Comment

RollingWave wrote: View Post
          Well I think they may actually value Amir a lot more than you'd suspect.

Amir is probably exactly the type of guy Morey is looking for, the no stat all-star that's really under the radar in the main stream. but jumps out at you big time when you look at things like adjusted plus minus type stats. if you think about it, aside from the Dwight signing, almost everything else he's pulled in the last few year totally came out of left field, none of it was ever talked about before hand, the target is always never the guy most folks been drumming about.

That he can play some emergency / small ball C is also a big plus.

Houston need someone that can play defense. Amir is a lot more of that than the most widely rumored trade target .. aka Ryan Anderson. everyone rant on about how they need shooting when in fact they're still a top 5 scoring team despite all the mess so far. they just get stops to save their lives. their more experienced guys (particularly Harden / Parsons ) often tune out defensively while their more commited to defense guys (like Beverley and their young PFs) are so inexperienced that they often get killed in rotations, it's a toxic mix that Dwight Howard can only do so much for.

To illustrate why Morey would love a guy like Amir , as of today his +/- per 48 min this season is +3.8

The Raptor as a team is -0.5 per game.

If anything, I think Morey may be willing to overpay a bit for Amir , the question I have is why do the Raptors really need Omer Asik? if he's asking out because he doesn't want to backup Dwight, surely your not asking him to come and back up Jonas either. he's more of a win now player, he's reached his ceiling, it's a pretty good ceiling too, but if the Raptor' plan is to rebuild then he doesn't do you anything, if the plan is to win now... well are we looking at a Jonas trade then? or are we keeping him on the bench till later next year?

What direction Ujiri is really looking to go here has a massive impact on exactly what the Raptors want to do, nobody really knows for sure, the general feeling seem to be he'll sell due to the nature of new management and the question of this team's ceiling, if that's the case, then Asik ending up as a Raptor makes little sense, though as a facilitator 3 way it seems likely.

My pet trade is that assume A. Raptor sell B. Morey high on Amir C. Kings all in for this and next season. ends up with a trade like this.

http://www1.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6350782 (Raptors probably also get a few more picks, perhaps even Houston's first. there's some haggle room in this setup.)

This is what Ujiri is probably hoping to do in a sell situation. try to somehow disarm the Gay contract (and hopefully Derozan / Fields as well) while still getting real value in return.
          Nice post. I think Amir is one of our best valued assets. His situation reminds me of Varajao in Cleveland, he was their best asset (post Lebron, surrounding Kyrie Irving) and they could have traded him, but he was such a great value that it made sense to keep him in the end. I think Amir has great value to this team even more than he could net them on the trade market, but that he is one of our better trade assets. Want to keep him, but if the right offer comes along, sell high.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Instead of Asik… What about something with Boston Lowry plus whatever they want it really depends on what they do want (ill say gay but who knows) for Rondo + whatever it takes for cap… I think this is the best deal because Rondo would be perfect in this system. Also as he's injured right now, when trading lowry our team should suck getting us a bunch of losses before he comes back … Now we would be losing BUT there would be something to keep the team motivated and give them an excuse for losing that their all-star PG is injured. Ideally he comes back late this season and he's still adjusting lose some more games. We get a high pick whatever it ends up and next year we have Rondo- Demar- Fields? - Amir- JV +our high lotto pick +Tyler+ Ross… i like it

Comment

Asik for Anderson seems to make so much sense to so many (me included!) but Stein offers insights why not for NO:

There are at least three other factors working against the prospect of an Anderson reunion with Dwight Howard in Clutch City:

1. The Pelicans love how Anderson fits into their core and are said to believe his ability to space the floor does as much for Anthony Davis as a bruising center like Asik would.

2. The Pelicans love the production Anderson gives them, and the very reasonable contract he possesses in relation to that production. Asik's offensive limitations will be even harder to stomach next season when that balloon payment valued at nearly $15 million kicks in.

3. Anderson is under contract to the Pelicans for two more seasons after this one on those favorable terms: $34 million over four years. Asik can become a free agent in the summer of 2015, and likewise can't be extended by the team that acquires him this season because he has fewer than three seasons left on his current contract.

So ...

Unless a third team emerges to change the dynamics of a deal headlined by Asik and Anderson, you're advised not to count on New Orleans solving this pretty tricky trade riddle.

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...-and-omer-asik

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Asik for Anderson seems to make so much sense to so many (me included!) but Stein offers insights why not for NO:
                I agree. They need both a bruising C and a stretch 4 next to Davis. It doesn't make much sense at all to trade one for the other. Think they'll have to look at different options. Also don't think Milly (Ilyasova) is any kind of natural trade partner.

I think Houston's going to have a hard time if they expect to easily get a good stretch PF for Asik.

Comment

Yeah, Anderson is much more valuable to NO at this point, scoring helps teams trying to make the playoffs more than it helps teams trying to win in the playoff, and Houston already have a crazy amount of scoring left and right while 3 of the main 6 Noah rotation players are in the bottom 5% (!!!) of true shooting in the league, that's HORRIBLE, Anderson is like their only player outside of Davis who understand what shot selection is.

Comment

Chad Ford just tweeted that Houston are close to trading Asik, they want it done by dec 19.

Not sure what the 19th has to do with anything but let speculation begin.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      Chad Ford just tweeted that Houston are close to trading Asik, they want it done by dec 19.

Not sure what the 19th has to do with anything but let speculation begin.
                      If you trade for someone by the 19th you can retrade them on the 20th of February.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Ahh

I wonder if they have a trade in place for the 19th and are waiting for a better offer.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I love this move from Morey but am also jealous that he has a valued enough asset that he can take this route.

This is what can happen when you have a player that multiple teams actively want - throw it out that he needs to be moved by a certain date and watch everyone's best offers come in. He might even be able to create a mini bidding war near the deadline day.

Comment

Gery Woelfel: Told Rockets want two 1st rounders or one first and good young player for Asik. Good luck with that. Twitter @GeryWoelfel
                            Bhaha

Comment

Morey of all people should know the Knicks don't have any first round picks until 2020
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                                Morey of all people should know the Knicks don't have any first round picks until 2020
                                that's impossible though, you can't trade picks 2 years in a row.

Comment

Working...
                                X