• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrub wrote: View Post
    Take aways:

- The first half of this game is exactly what I want to see from this team
    - Hansborough is the hardest working player on the court always
    - Lowry can run the pick'n'roll!!!!!!!! (More reasons to hate Casey for waiting this long to see that)
    - I hate Rudy Gay.
    I hate his face, I hate his decisions.
    - DeMar DeRozan played smart and looked like an all-star in the first half...then disappeared
    - It's all Casey's fault. Except for when it is Gay's fault. Get rid of these guys and I think we may see the squad very differently.
    - Ross is finding his place in the NBA (exciting, this)
    - We were using the 3 ball well! This will win us games!
    - Valanciunas is so damn raw and so damn emotional. Kid has a looooong way to go.

That was the first game where I felt a bit of hope this season.
    DeRozan was showing what he had alluded to in the pre-season, and Lowry ran the team, and Valanciunas saw the floor.
    I've been very critical of this team, but frankly I would be curious to see what would happen if just Gay and Casey disappear.
    I think we would be good.
    +1000 everything thats bold
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Take aways:

- Lowry can run the pick'n'roll!!!!!!!! (More reasons to hate Casey for waiting this long to see that)
      - I hate Rudy Gay. I hate his face, I hate his decisions.
      - DeMar DeRozan played smart and looked like an all-star in the first half...then disappeared
      - It's all Casey's fault. Except for when it is Gay's fault. Get rid of these guys and I think we may see the squad very differently.
      - Valanciunas is so damn raw and so damn emotional. Kid has a looooong way to go.

DeRozan was showing what he had alluded to in the pre-season, and Lowry ran the team, and Valanciunas saw the floor.
      I've been very critical of this team, but frankly I would be curious to see what would happen if just Gay and Casey disappear.
      What's terrifying, though, is that he's regressing. He looks more raw right now than he did the second half of last year, which to me suggests damaged confidence, not simply rawness. The emotion that we're seeing is frustration; frustration at being mainly frozen out of the offence except for the first quarter, when Casey's obviously emphasizing that the team goes into the post.

And you know what? I'd be frustrated too, watching Gay and Derozan throw up literally any shot they please any time they feel like, while I can go an entire shift on the floor and never get the ball in a spot where I can score. I'd be frustrated when Lowry loudly calls me out in front of 20,000 people for a turnover that was as much of a poor pass as it was bad positioning on my part.

End rant!
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        What's terrifying, though, is that he's regressing. He looks more raw right now than he did the second half of last year, which to me suggests damaged confidence, not simply rawness. The emotion that we're seeing is frustration; frustration at being mainly frozen out of the offence except for the first quarter, when Casey's obviously emphasizing that the team goes into the post.

And you know what? I'd be frustrated too, watching Gay and Derozan throw up literally any shot they please any time they feel like, while I can go an entire shift on the floor and never get the ball in a spot where I can score. I'd be frustrated when Lowry loudly calls me out in front of 20,000 people for a turnover that was as much of a poor pass as it was bad positioning on my part.

End rant!
        OG is our king

Comment

• Watching this game now, the only thing I can think of is.. why is Hansbrough not consistently the first guy off the bench? In my opinion he's played extremely well to start the season.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

End rant!
            Valanciunas took over 10 shots last night and couldn't convert on most of them. I'm as concerned as you guys but i think some of us are taking the JV man crush a little too far. The dude ain't David Robinson. And when he doesn't get the ball he should be doing other things not whining for the ball. We need to temper our expectations a bit

Comment

• GT: WSH Wizards @ TOR Raptors 7pm: Novak healthy, emphasis on asts & more JV

Also, everyone keeps talking about Washington being playoff-bound, but they aren't going anywhere if they play as sloppily as they did last night..

The way their coaching staff reacted after every Wall midrange jumper is making me laugh.
              Last edited by isaacthompson; Sat Nov 23, 2013, 11:15 PM.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• How is this not a pass into the post??
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Lowry getting into JV there really pissed me off like what an alpha Bitch? why are you ragging on JV like that? I know Lowry gives it his all but relax on your teammate dude.

Comment

Take aways:

- I hate Rudy Gay. I hate his face, I hate his decisions.

If we could get anything significant for Gay I would be all for it. Realistically best chance is for Casey to go.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      Also, everyone keeps talking about Washington being playoff-bound, but they aren't going anywhere if they play as sloppily as they did last night..

The way their coaching staff reacted after every Wall midrange jumper is making me laugh.
                      They are currently in 8th seed and John Wall looks pretty good as does Bradley Beal....but two stud draft picks do not make a team-- something all the tankers in this site need to be more cognizant of.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Lowry getting into JV there really pissed me off like what an alpha Bitch? why are you ragging on JV like that? I know Lowry gives it his all but relax on your teammate dude.
                        I feel like ppl on this forum feel like JV is their son relax! God forbid someone look at JV the wrong way. He was having a poor game and he way being held accountable for that. Lowry wanted that game more than anyone else in a white jersey. Don't get mad if he get upset if he see someone not giving the effort he does. God relax guys. His just another player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I feel like ppl on this forum feel like JV is their son relax! God forbid someone look at JV the wrong way. He was having a poor game and he way being held accountable for that. Lowry wanted that game more than anyone else in a white jersey. Don't get mad if he get upset if he see someone not giving the effort he does. God relax guys. His just another player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I haven't seen what happened, but you're right. JV is man and he's pro. Sometimes harsh words are much better than pat on the back. Everyone has to be held accountable for their shit.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            Valanciunas took over 10 shots last night and couldn't convert on most of them. I'm as concerned as you guys but i think some of us are taking the JV man crush a little too far. The dude ain't David Robinson. And when he doesn't get the ball he should be doing other things not whining for the ball. We need to temper our expectations a bit
                            Did you watch the game?

A lot of the shots were jumpers where he had no lift on his shot - no legs. He was blocked on 2 shots consecutively which I've never seen happen before - again no legs. Add to that he is visibly frustrated with not getting the ball when he is open and Lowry chastising him in for Lowry's shitty pass.

You are absolutely right he isn't David Robinson. He is not a franchise player. However he could most definitely be an all-star.

This is a young man who is:
                            - played just 75 NBA games,
                            - averaging 9 points and 8 rebounds despite minute inconsistencies, a coach who holds double standards with little confidence in young players, 2 wings who blatantly ignore him and routinely take over half the shots of the team.
                            - one of the most productive players on the team and has the most positive impact.

Comment

• Is JV better than Nene?

Because here it is guys, when Nene was left open at the elbow, like ALL quality centers, he calmly knocked down that little 14-15 footer. It isn't much to ask a guy to do that, its an easy shot, and really, its supposed to be high percentage, High school kids are expected to hit that at a regular rate. JV can't. In fact he looks like he is playing Midget Boys basketball with that god awful shot fake when he gets it there.

You can talk about potential all day long but don't ignore the warts. JV is lacking skills in key area's and he is being brought along just fine. You can't just leave a guy out there for 40 mins a game if he's reinforcing his errors. When he regresses, you have to yank him so he can focus.

If you want to truly develop this team, than don't bitch through the hard parts...developing a center is hard, its tough love, and its trying get a skill set that is sad sack compared to the smaller players, up to that level. Thats a whole other thread, but face it, tall kids don't have to learn the skills shorts kids do growing up, but once they hey the NBA, they DO HAVE TO. So this is what is happening, and I am completely happy with it. JV will benefit.

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post

How is this not a pass into the post??
                                Nice one. Probably because there is 11 on the shot clock. Just enough time for Gay to dribble for 8 seconds then make a "clutch" shot.

More likely though is that Gay has Nene on him and thinks he is in a better position to score. JV is open though and that pass needs to happen

This team's success will come from the block; low post, high post and trade.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X