Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    Noone is thinking Lowry offers a long term solution to anyone.
    Exactly my point. Why would GS give up Barnes unless it's for a first round pick? That's why I don't think Lowry for Barnes straight up is gonna be on the table despite everyone wanting it.

Comment

• Akkerman wrote: View Post
      Not confirmed and still lots of work to do, but Woj and others have tweeted about the possible deal.. Thoughts\Ideas?
      1.) Shump had a knee/knee collision in his last game and we should hope he's not injured.
      2.) If we get Shump/Hardaway for Lowry that is a GODDAMN FLEECING even if we have to take Felton.
      3.) But seriously, we don't want Felton, he's a terrible locker-room presence and although he would help the tank, there are better ways of doing it then bringing a cancer on board.
      4.) But if New York is willing to give up Shump or Hardaway, I think a three-team trade is very doable.

Comment

• If Masai can nab us Barnes or rondo somehow just give him executive of the year key to the city and throw a parade!

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          1.) Shump had a knee/knee collision in his last game and we should hope he's not injured.
          2.) If we get Shump/Hardaway for Lowry that is a GODDAMN FLEECING even if we have to take Felton.
          3.) But seriously, we don't want Felton, he's a terrible locker-room presence and although he would help the tank, there are better ways of doing it then bringing a cancer on board.
          4.) But if New York is willing to give up Shump or Hardaway, I think a three-team trade is very doable.
          Any trade with the Knicks will be to help them get better since they can't win against any team right now. We need them out of the lottery so we can tank for a top 5. If we trade with the Knicks, we are officially tanking for a top 5 pick...

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            NY would have to include either Shumpert or Hardaway (with Felton) just to balance salary. I hope MU would go after both, to offset having to take back Felton and his 3-year contract.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              NY would have to include either Shumpert or Hardaway (with Felton) just to balance salary. I hope MU would go after both, to offset having to take back Felton and his 3-year contract.
              Can we waive Felton?

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                Can we waive Felton?
                We could, but his full salary would still count against the cap.

Comment

Okay I see. Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Would help with the tank and avoid locker room issues?
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Lowry for Felton an Hardway will not work based on ESPN trade machine so it has to be Shumpert which knicks don't want t give up.

Comment

• To TO:

Hardaway Jr
                        cash (about 68000)

To GS:

Felton (for Rush TPE)

TO NYK:

Lowry

Works for everyone IMO. NYK might not like losing Hardaway but they need to be in win now mode.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                          Lowry for Felton an Hardway will not work based on ESPN trade machine so it has to be Shumpert which knicks don't want t give up.
                          They've been dangling Shumpert in front of anyone who'll look all year.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                            Would help with the tank and avoid locker room issues?
                            I'd rather keep him and hope to be able to use his contract in a future trade to acquire an even bigger contract, in the hopes of getting an additional asset in the process.

MU doesn't seem like the type of GM to dump assets, no matter how terrible they might seem on the surface.

If MU were to pull a 2-for-1 trade with NY, Buycks or Daye would need to be waived.

If MU were to pull a 3-for-1 trade with NY, Buycks & Daye would likely both be waived.

Comment

• Everyone talking about getting Barnes for Lowry straight up has gone full mental, no way in hell that happens. GS has literally nothing else to offer.

If we could get Shump and Hardaway for Lowry I'd be ecstatic. Even if you don't like them as a fit on the Raptors, they are both young prospects on rookie deals with real value around the league.

Even getting Plumlee from Brooklyn is preferable to the nothing that GS can offer.

Hopefully the Bulls, Heat, Pacers, and Bucks work their way into the conversation.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                To TO:

Hardaway Jr
                                cash (about 68000)

To GS:

Felton (for Rush TPE)

TO NYK:

Lowry

Works for everyone IMO. NYK might not like losing Hardaway but they need to be in win now mode.
                                As Jamshid pointed out, a trade for Felton & Hardway won't work financially. It needs to be Felton & Shumpert (at least).

Comment

Working...
                                X