Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knicks*

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      Here is the deal knock have no choice to deal they can lose the season cause they have no draft picks game set match. We will come up on top no matter what.
      It's just a matter of time...

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        There's no rush here too. If NYK don't feel like giving up 2 assets right now, they probably will in a week or two when they're plummeting even further down the standings. Remember, they don't have a 2014 first round pick, so they have every incentive to do as well as possible this year or it could be one of the more painful for Knicks fans in recent memory (miss the playoffs and have your lotto pick in a historically stacked draft go to another team).
        Knicks with 2 winnable games on friday and saturday (celtics and hawks). But....if they lose those...

Comment

• The interesting thing to ask is, how would Felton & 2 of Shumpert / Hardaway Jr / 2018 1st round pick, compare to a player that was available @ #12 in the 2013 draft (where OKC drafted Steven Adams, using the pick BC traded for Lowry)?

#13 - Olynyk
          #14 - Muhammad
          #15 - Antetokounmp
          #17 - Schroder

#24 - Hardaway Jr (haha)

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            The interesting thing to ask is, how would Felton & 2 of Shumpert / Hardaway Jr / 2018 1st round pick, compare to a player that was available @ #12 in the 2013 draft (where OKC drafted Steven Adams, using the pick BC traded for Lowry)?

#13 - Olynyk
            #14 - Muhammad
            #15 - Antetokounmp
            #17 - Schroder

#24 - Hardaway Jr (haha)
            I'd say either of Shumpert/Hardaway and a 2018 first compare pretty favorably with the guys you listed. Taking on Felton in addition kinda sucks but I'm optimistic we could move him to LA for Steve Blakes expiring deal straight up once Felton comes back healthy.

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
              Oh, for heaven's sake, another one of these twisted facts calling out posts.

Bold 1: I don't recall anyone saying "the Raptors are not tanking". Some, me included, expressed a distaste for "tanking", if that included peddling everyone but JV, and yes we wanted to see how the team as formed would gel. If you're hanging on people believing that MU was going to see what he had before doing anything, well, he did. Who are these people who you say will have egg on their faces, and what jollies are you getting from calling these phantom people out?
              As for whether the only actual move yet (Rudy) represents the start of some "full on tank", I posted a well reasoned comment to point out that the trade alone is certainly not representative of a "tank", as they got no young prospects, no picks, and may have gotten better. (okay gang, let loose with the vitriol, lol)

Bold 2: And your point is? That media spouting speculation is proof? How did that Gray for Jimmer work out for those boys? To say nothing of dozens, if not hundreds, of other pissing in the wind speculations from media every year.

Maybe a tank is on, maybe not. There's zero proof of that my unloading 1 toxic contract, of a player hurting the team's performance, and shopping an expiring contract of a non-long term PG? And who the fk are you throwing egg on their phantom faces?
              your right dude. i'm sure masai turned down just fuckin tons of prospect + pick packages to add vasquez and junk with the goal in mind of getting better immediately.

you're so ridiculous

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                The interesting thing to ask is, how would Felton & 2 of Shumpert / Hardaway Jr / 2018 1st round pick, compare to a player that was available @ #12 in the 2013 draft (where OKC drafted Steven Adams, using the pick BC traded for Lowry)?

#13 - Olynyk
                #14 - Muhammad
                #15 - Antetokounmp
                #17 - Schroder

#24 - Hardaway Jr (haha)
                So is your question wheter or not we sould have traded the 12th pick for the 24th pick and the Knicks 2018 first rounder or whether we would trade Olynyk for Hardaway Jr. and a 2018 first? Either way the answer is definately yes.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Crazy thought...

If LA doesn't want to swap Blake's $4.0M expiring contract for Felton's contract ($3.79M next year and $3.95 the following year), since they want to maintain as much cap space this offseason as possible, what about this idea.

To NY - Lowry

To LA - Felton & Fields/Novak (and Stone/Buycks, if they want either)

To TOR - 2 of Shumpert/Hardaway/2018 1st round pick & Nash

LA
                  - save $1.9M this year ($1.2M if Buycks is included)
                  - save $2.5M next year (assuming Buycks is waived), which is good because they really want to maximize cap space this coming offseason
                  - they pay $7.7M (in expiring contracts) the following season, meaning they pay $3.3M more over the three years, but it might be worth it for the extra cap space this offseason and next season

* just spit-balling here...
                  Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Dec 12, 2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    Doing some reading on Bogdanovic in case those rumors aren't bullshit

http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/cid...amID_2168.html

50% 3pt shooter...
                    Actually the stats say 50% 2 pt shooter and 32% 3 pt shooter.

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                      So is your question wheter or not we sould have traded the 12th pick for the 24th pick and the Knicks 2018 first rounder or whether we would trade Olynyk for Hardaway Jr. and a 2018 first? Either way the answer is definately yes.
                      Oh I was fine with the trade at the time. It's more a reflection of MU's ability to turn the same asset into something more. I agree that if MU is able to get the rumored return he wants (ie: Felton & 2 of 3 desired assets), it's a fantastic move and makes BC's trade for Lowry look that much better!

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Actually the stats say 50% 2 pt shooter and 32% 3 pt shooter.
                        I must have mis-read that...it says he shot 50% during some tournament my bad.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I disagree with stein on value of Lowry. Knicks totally capped out and can retain his bird rights this summer.

He helps them immediately.

As for Felton, not a fan of that 2015-16 year. I don't care about dead weight for 2014-15 but for 2015-16 onwards #NoDeadWeight

Comment

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
                            Keep in mind we traded away a 12th for two years of Lowry on a great contract. Now we'd be trading away only half a season of Lowry

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I disagree with stein on value of Lowry. Knicks totally capped out and can retain his bird rights this summer.

He helps them immediately.

As for Felton, not a fan of that 2015-16 year. I don't care about dead weight for 2014-15 but for 2015-16 onwards #NoDeadWeight
                              we traded a 1st rounder for lowry so he is worth a first rounder. even if he isnt knick r in a bind

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                                your right dude. i'm sure masai turned down just fuckin tons of prospect + pick packages to add vasquez and junk with the goal in mind of getting better immediately.

you're so ridiculous
                                lmfao,,,,, I don't know what name you usually go by (is that you Fully?), but that's precious. We could use a few more laughs around here. Look, you've once again totally missed the point, but I'm just not in the mood for bursting the bubble of a kid still glowing over his 3rd grade debate club successes. Great job!

Comment

Working...
                                X