Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    It actually may be the reason for shipping Gay out, since taking on Lee may get us Barnes.
    I think Barnes will be a luol deng type/impact player.

Comment

• Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I think Barnes will be a luol deng type/impact player.
        That's why we should get him.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

Wow.

Ingram is tuned in with Houston I think.

Other than that he is useless.

Not sure why it is "surprisingly" high.

I'm as big a critic of anyone of DeRozan but he has made strides this year and on the right team he could really make an impact.

Now I'm sure I'll get the: "Oh look, Matt52 changing his tune again because he is wrong!" Ummmm, no. The problem is in Toronto DeRozan is not on the right team. He needs a team with a solid PG, shooters, and strong perimeter & team defense.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
            That's why we should get him.
            If the Raps had their centre piece(s), I'd be in agreement.

Barnes (and Deng) are great compliments to star players.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

Teams always undervaluing our talent lool
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Just means Ujiri isn't going to give away our players. He wants the team headed in the right direction for once

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                  Just means Ujiri isn't going to give away our players. He wants the team headed in the right direction for once
                  And rightfully so.

Anyone need a reminding of what happened 9 years ago today when an asset was let go for a bag of used peanut shells?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    And rightfully so.

Anyone need a reminding of what happened 9 years ago today when an asset was let go for a bag of used peanut shells?
                    Vincent Lamar Carter

Comment

• I'll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Just me throwing ideas against the wall here.

GSW trade possibility. Given that Lowry and DeMar are on the block:

DeMar, Lowry, Novak (19.46M) for David Lee, Ezeli, Nedovic (16M)
                        Patterson (3.1M) for Harrison Barnes (2.9M)

Signs us up for Lee's bad contract, gives GSW Lowry and DeMar to bolster their guard and wing spots, Patterson to help with their front court depth (and he fits as a shooter), and Novak could be dangerous on that team. Also frees up long term money with Patterson and Lowry expiring. They also stay under the tax threshold in spite of taking on money here.

Gets us three players on rookie contracts, including Barnes, and offsets some of the 3rd year salary of Lee's by removing Novak. Frees up a little salary space this year, sacrifices future space.

I think that's a deal everyone wins. Thoughts?
                        The problem with this trade is we'd probably get better, so bye bye lotto pick. Lee is being overpaid a bit, but he's pretty damn good, so it's not criminal like it was with Rudy.

You think Phoenix would want to get in on the trade for Lee? They're looking to move some of their 2014 picks for a star, and they could use an upgrade at PF. Lee is an All Star and would fit pretty well on Phoenix.

This works in trade machine:

To Toronto:
                        Harrison Barnes
                        Emeka Okafor
                        Jermaine Oneal
                        Two 1st round picks

To Golden State:
                        Demar Derozan
                        Kyle Lowry
                        Amir Johnson

To Phoenix:
                        David Lee

Phoenix turns two first rounders and Okafor into David Lee (they have potentially 4 first rounders this year). That's a big upgrade for them, and will help them contend in the West. It also seems like the exact kind of trade they're looking for based on news reports.

Golden State gets rid of Lee's onerous contract while adding a more than capable substitute in Amir (on a much better contract), and greatly improves their depth at the guard positions. Demar can play some SF as well so losing Barnes is not that bad. I think a trade like this could turn GSW into real contenders for the championship.

I'm not really for trading Demar or Amir but if we get back Barnes and 2 first round picks (Ujiri could probably get 3 picks), that's a decent return I'd be happy with and it makes us a ton worse. I'd preferably want the 2014 Washington pick (protected 1-12 so it should be available this year) and the 2015 Lakers pick (1-5 protected so should be a lotto pick). The Minnesota 2014 pick (protected 1-13) looks pretty good too so I'd be fine with that one.
                        Barnes is the only player we get back worth a lick so we'd be significantly worse and the tank would roll into a top 5 pick.
                        Last edited by Primer; Wed Dec 18, 2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Thank god we have a GM who doesn't make knee jerk reactionary trades
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I have a feeling Lowry and Demar won't be traded until the trade deadline... If at all.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              The problem with this trade is we'd probably get better, so bye bye lotto pick. Lee is being overpaid a bit, but he's pretty damn good, so it's not criminal like it was with Rudy.

You think Phoenix would want to get in on the trade for Lee? They're looking to move some of their 2014 picks for a star, and they could use an upgrade at PF. Lee is an All Star and would fit pretty well on Phoenix.

This works in trade machine:

To Toronto:
                              Harrison Barnes
                              Emeka Okafor
                              Jermaine Oneal
                              Two 1st round picks

To Golden State:
                              Demar Derozan
                              Kyle Lowry
                              Amir Johnson

To Phoenix:
                              David Lee

Phoenix turns two first rounders and Okafor into David Lee (they have potentially 4 first rounders this year). That's a big upgrade for them, and will help them contend in the West. It also seems like the exact kind of trade they're looking for based on news reports.

Golden State gets rid of Lee's onerous contract while adding a more than capable substitute in Amir (on a much better contract), and greatly improves their depth at the guard positions. Demar can play some SF as well so losing Barnes is not that bad. I think a trade like this could turn GSW into real contenders for the championship.

I'm not really for trading Demar or Amir but if we get back Barnes and 2 first round picks (Ujiri could probably get 3 picks), that's a decent return I'd be happy with and it makes us a ton worse. I'd preferably want the 2014 Washington pick (protected 1-12 so it should be available this year) and the 2015 Lakers pick (1-5 protected so should be a lotto pick). The Minnesota 2014 pick (protected 1-13) looks pretty good too so I'd be fine with that one.
                              Barnes is the only player we get back worth a lick so we'd be significantly worse and the tank would roll into a top 5 pick.
                              I'd take this trade in a heartbeat but I don't think GSW are going to give away two 1st rounders for David Lee

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                                I'd take this trade in a heartbeat but I don't think GSW are going to give away two 1st rounders for David Lee
                                I think you meant Phoenix, not GSW. Phoenix has come out and said they want to trade some of their 4, 2014 picks for a star, and David Lee is the only All Star available as far as I can tell. He also would fit in really well with Phoenix and definitely improve them. Why not give up 2 mid first round picks for an established 2-time All Star? They don't even have room for that many rookies on their roster, and they're getting pretty damn good with their new backcourt.

Comment

Working...
                                X