Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnes for Lowry takes the "sting" of making the playoffs this year for me.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• If New York was smart, they would swing a trade for Lowry before Friday nights game. Takes Lowry away from the Raps, which will likely hurt the Raps more than the Knicks would be hurt by whatever they give up (draft pick[s] and parts) more or less guaranteeing the two wins for NY. As it is, they have to be worried about losing twice in the next two games, letting the Rpas win, and then having that much more ground to make up while vying for playoffs.

Just speculating, but it would seem to make sense for NY to move now.

Of course, with other suitors for Lowry's services starting to circle around, Ujiri is sitting in a nice spot. Exactly how he likes to operate apparently.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
        This is why ujiri might actually sign him first and then trade him in the offseason. Similar to what was done with nene
        You may be right. So far MU has been patient and does not seen like he will be pressured into a trade that is not in Raptors best interests.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Could be. This is really the monumental decision he's faced with right now (and quite possibly his defining decision as the Raptors GM): trade him within a few weeks, or keep him as an asset.

Trade him, and we tank. Keep him, and we don't.
          MU's next move will tell us which way we are moving this year.

Comment

• Tomorrow's game is gonna be hilarious specially if Lowry plays well.

Knicks fans were chanting 'we want Lowry' yesterday. Imagine if they do it again tomorrow?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              ...Knicks fans were chanting 'we want Lowry' yesterday. Imagine if they do it again tomorrow?
              What the Knicks fans want...?

Comment

• So why are we supporting the trade of our best player again?

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  So why are we supporting the trade of our best player again?
                  Expiring contract
                  Has reached his ceiling
                  Too old to be a key cog after a three year rebuild
                  Etc

That being said you only move him if you're getting a good deal. Not just to tank

Comment

1. Draft position.

2. Guarantees he can't walk for nothing without us getting an asset in return.

I gotta say though, these past two weeks have made me reevaluate my opinion of him. He's been playing like an All Star. I had been very pro-tank, but I'm not so sure anymore. Between him, Val, Amir and Ross, I think we're very close to having an Indiana-type core (and I know many people would include Demar here, but I'm not a fan, I'd like him moved no matter which direction MU goes).
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

He hurts our draft position. His value is as high as it's ever been. He may leave in the offseason and we will receive nothing. He's playing lights out in a contract year after spending a decent portion of his first 7 seasons being either fat, injured, disruptive or some combination of the three and we don't want to be the ones who are stuck paying him $40 million for the next four years.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                        He hurts our draft position. His value is as high as it's ever been. He may leave in the offseason and we will receive nothing. He's playing lights out in a contract year after spending a decent portion of his first 7 seasons being either fat, injured, disruptive or some combination of the three and we don't want to be the ones who are stuck paying him $40 million for the next four years.
                        You're overstating the case against him. A couple of things to consider:

1. He was playing just as well at the beginning of last year & in preseason. It's possible that he's only recently become fully heathy and conditioned again.

2. I'm generally wary of players in their contract years, but I'm not with Lowry. I've never been his biggest fan, and even then, one thing that was always obvious to me was his competitiveness. I think he takes a lot of pride in what he does and I can't see him mailing it in once he gets paid.

3. He's essentially the exact same age Billups was when he joined Detroit, and I'm getting the feeling that he's going to have a similar career. If I was a GM, I'd have no problem giving him 40 mil for four years. Now, weather Masai should be the GM to do this is another question...
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Um... does anyone here think Kyle Lowry has ANY intention of re-signing in Toronto?

i don't think he does.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                            Um... does anyone here think Kyle Lowry has ANY intention of re-signing in Toronto?

i don't think he does.
                            He's from Philly, so he won't be scared of the cold.

Beyond that, it's anyone's guess.
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• ya i guess its a wait and see....but you wait, and you will see one thing for sure....no return if he does go

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                                ya i guess its a wait and see....but you wait, and you will see one thing for sure....no return if he does go
                                Yup that's what Masai's grappling with as we speak. Too bad he isn't live-blogging the whole thing
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X