Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
    I can see this trade:

Bynum, Waiters, 2015 SAC pick for Demar, Amir and 2 second round pick
    I can't. That's really, really awful.

Comment

Would u really do this if you were the GM of the Cavs just to get Demar !!!
      They need wing scoring. DeRozan can score.

Mike Brown might get the most of his athletic abilities.

Obviously locker room issues are present in Cleveland. DD is not a locker room concern and tight with Jack.

DeRozan is locked up 3 more years.

What other wings are on trade market? Supposedly Afflalo is not available. Turner could bounce in free agency. Maybe Eric Gordon? Jeff Green but they probably have to take on a bad contract in process and give up pick(s). Deng but that is a throw in the season move for Chicago and don't see it happening.

I actually think DD has a bit of value as long as he is not lead guy and in Cleveland he'd be second fiddle to Irving.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I can't. That's really, really awful.
        This is what they would offer. In their minds, Waiters is a top 5 pick and Bynum can still play and they are giving you a 1 first round . There is no way you will get both 2014 and 2015 pick for DD

Comment

This is what they would offer. In their minds, Waiters is a top 5 pick and Bynum can still play and they are giving you a 1 first round . There is no way you will get both 2014 and 2015 pick for DD
          Honestly, who really knows.

Did anyone think they'd get 3 picks for Bargnani and cap relief?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            They need wing scoring. DeRozan can score.

Mike Brown might get the most of his athletic abilities.

Obviously locker room issues are present in Cleveland. DD is not a locker room concern and tight with Jack.

DeRozan is locked up 3 more years.

What other wings are on trade market? Supposedly Afflalo is not available. Turner could bounce in free agency. Maybe Eric Gordon? Jeff Green but they probably have to take on a bad contract in process and give up pick(s). Deng but that is a throw in the season move for Chicago and don't see it happening.

I actually think DD has a bit of value as long as he is not lead guy and in Cleveland he'd be second fiddle to Irving.
            I'd consider trading DD to Cleveland but not for Sacramento's pick. That is protected 1-12, then 1-10 until 2017 and then the obligation is pretty much over. For some reason I always see Sacramento is a perennial lottery team especially with Boogie on their roster. If Cleveland offered their own and Memphis' 2015 then we're having a discussion.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I'd consider trading DD to Cleveland but not for Sacramento's pick. That is protected 1-12, then 1-10 until 2017 and then the obligation is pretty much over. For some reason I always see Sacramento is a perennial lottery team especially with Boogie on their roster. If Cleveland offered their own and Memphis' 2015 then we're having a discussion.
              That is a pretty short discussion in my opinion.

Comment

• If I was Cleveland I would do whatever it takes to avoid having to pick another draft pick.. Just a horrendous draft history the past few seasons.

Comment

Of course not.

But would they include a pick(s) to obtain DeMar?

Bynum & 2014 top 12 protected (top 10 protected until 2017) SAC pick/2015 Memphis pick for DeMar ?

Waive Bynum or trade him again before January 7th?
                  You're putting a lot of faith in a fringe lotto pick top 10 protected to 2017 for a productive player who's not even in his prime yet. I know it would decrease our odds of winning this year and give us a better shot at Wiggins/Parker/Randle, but what happens if we're not in a position to select one of those guys? Then we have egg on our faces. Personally, I would rather have the guy who's producing at the NBA level right now. That's just my sentiment, and I could be very wrong, but I'm a guy who takes the safer route than riskier proposition. It could explain why I'm not filthy rich either!

Comment

Honestly, who really knows.

Did anyone think they'd get 3 picks for Bargnani and cap relief?
                    Everything is possible but not likely. AB's trade was one of those that whole league laughed at NY , one of those that BC used to make

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      If I was Cleveland I would do whatever it takes to avoid having to pick another draft pick.. Just a horrendous draft history the past few seasons.
                      Ahah Waiters over Barnes and Bennett 1st overall lool just horrible
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

The difference here is that you're assuming they'll give you a first rounder along with Waiters and Bynum, which I don't think they'll do. Besides, I want nothing to do with either Waiters or Bynum. Even if you waive Bynum, you have to deal with another malcontent in Waiters. No thanks.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          You're putting a lot of faith in a fringe lotto pick top 10 protected to 2017 for a productive player who's not even in his prime yet. I know it would decrease our odds of winning this year and give us a better shot at Wiggins/Parker/Randle, but what happens if we're not in a position to select one of those guys? Then we have egg on our faces. Personally, I would rather have the guy who's producing at the NBA level right now. That's just my sentiment, and I could be very wrong, but I'm a guy who takes the safer route than riskier proposition. It could explain why I'm not filthy rich either!
                          OR filthy poor!
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Everything is possible but not likely. AB's trade was one of those that whole league laughed at NY , one of those that BC used to make
                            Trading with Ujiri usually makes you look stupid hahaha
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                              Ahah Waiters over Barnes and Bennett 1st overall lool just horrible
                              To be fair last year's draft was a mess. They probably should've picked Oladipo and traded Waiters....They clearly never should have taken Waiters. That was by far the worst pick they made. Adding either Barnes or Drummond (they passed on Jonas and Drummond...) would've made more sense, especially since they can't claim they drafted Waiters for character, as he's a bigger knucklehead than either of those guys.

Comment

• Man, this is how low Demar's value have plummeted? I'll admit that he's not my fave player on the team but man, Waiters and Bynum (Cancer Men) and a 2015 Sac pick. Wow.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X