TANK vs ANTI TANK - SUPER THREAD - The Because I Can't Keep Track Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Clippers pick this year. Lottery protected.
    ok yes. What a great trade though!

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      ok yes. What a great trade though!
      Also cleared enough cap to sign CoJo.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Also cleared enough cap to sign CoJo.
        There you go, so basically Gay netted us Patterson, Powell, Cojo and the Clips 2017 1st. Salmons got us Bebe and a 6th man of the year for a season. Unbelievable what MU got this team for those two trades.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Um?

Masai didn't wait, he traded Rudy 8-9 games in if my memory serves me right
          The Wait & See vs. Tank discussion mostly revolved around trading DeMar and Colangelo's other assets.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            When Ujiri fully shreds this roster (noticed I said "when" and not "if"....), the anti-tankers will still argue against it. Only religious fundamentalists are on the same level of ignoring reality
            Scrolling through the thread and found this....lol

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              Scrolling through the thread and found this....lol
              Considering Ujiri decided to shred the roster and was only stopped by Dolan getting cold feet, not sure what there is to laugh at there.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Considering Ujiri decided to shred the roster and was only stopped by Dolan getting cold feet, not sure what there is to laugh at there.
                facts don't matter

Comment

You mean the fact that he didn't Shred the roster at all???

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                    You mean the fact that he didn't Shred the roster at all???
                    That he attempted to and was thwarted by the Knicks' owner reneging on the trade? Yeah, that's what I mean. Dumping the two biggest names on the team shortly after dumping the previous golden boy seems to fit the bill.

Ujiri himself has said it was all luck that the team turned around the way it did - he was tearing the team apart before Dolan stopped him. But Bargs in the summer, and then Gay and Lowry a couple months into the season - that's shredding the roster. No one expected 15 new players, just a tear down of the core.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

That he attempted to and was thwarted by the Knicks' owner reneging on the trade? Yeah, that's what I mean. Dumping the two biggest names on the team shortly after dumping the previous golden boy seems to fit the bill.

Ujiri himself has said it was all luck that the team turned around the way it did - he was tearing the team apart before Dolan stopped him. But Bargs in the summer, and then Gay and Lowry a couple months into the season - that's shredding the roster. No one expected 15 new players, just a tear down of the core.
                      1st - I noticed this same narrative for the past few years from posters on here......About Masai agreeing to Trading Lowry.....supposedly for Shumpert, Hardaway Jr. and a 1st for Lowry..... I've never heard Masai actually validate this claim. Do you have proof of this or are we just claiming rumours to be true here?

Edit: From what i read online - Masai says "luckily the trade didn't happen".... Meh

2nd - Bargnani the Golden Boy?? You mean the first Raptor (to my recollection) to be booed while still playing for the team? Bargnani was a disaster and was never coming back. The fans wouldn't allow for it.

3rd - Gay sucked (historically).

It doesn't even matter what almost happened.... Here's what happened:

What the people against tanking were calling for pretty much happened and what the pro-tankers were calling for didn't.

What almost happened means nothing.

We wanted to get rid of Gay and that happened. We wanted to get rid of Bargnani and that happened. We wanted to bring in some players who fit the team better and that happened as well. We didn't want a fire sale and a race to the bottom and that didn't happen.

Do you see?
                      Last edited by special1; Mon Dec 12, 2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Prepare to be rebutted.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Even when we have an elite team on pace for a second 55-60 win season and just went to the ECF we can't escape the tanking vs. not-tanking threads.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Even when we have an elite team on pace for a second 55-60 win season and just went to the ECF we can't escape the tanking vs. not-tanking threads.
                            This thread is from 2013 mate

Comment

what if it was MU who backed out at the last minute.... the accepted myth is that NY backed away...however we just can't say for absolute certain who left the alter first can we.. unless you have had beers with the Knicks team and Ujiri and they both confirmed to you on a voice recording thats whats happend.. thats a bit . well a lot jerkish... but if you don't have that phone recording or an email containing the proposal (and I know none of us do) then the story is just accepted conjecture.

what we do know for certain is that Lowry did remain a Raptor and through a mixture of hard work and likely some shit house luck the Raptors turned the corner ...and I for one.. am delighted with the actual outcome.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 12, 2016, 02:30 PM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                what if it was MU who backed out at the last minute.... the accepted myth is that NY backed away...however we just can't say for absolute certain who left the alter first can we.. unless you have had beers with the Knicks team and Ujiri and they both confirmed to you on a voice recording thats whats happend.. if not its accepted conjecture.

what we do know for certain is that Lowry did remain a Raptor and through a mixture of hard work and likely some shit house luck the Raptors turned a corner ...for that I for one.. am delighted.
                                “Dolan didn’t want to get fleeced again by Masai,” was how one Knicks source put it. “They had a deal ready.”

“There are two problems,” the source said. “Dolan didn’t like that someone from his group leaked it to the media, and the other problem is the Knicks seem to have too many (people) involved with making decisions.”

And this is from Woj:

As New York Knicks executives work to convince owner Jim Dolan he should ignore public criticism and complete a deal for Kyle Lowry, the Brooklyn Nets are gaining traction as a possible destination for the Toronto Raptors point guard, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
                                Last edited by rocwell; Mon Dec 12, 2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X