Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know I may pissed off a lot of people, but should we considering to trade JV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to see how JV plays with Vasquez.

I for one have not really liked what I've seen from JV, but there is no denying what he's capable of.
    I really wish I had focused more on the developmental years of the other bigs mentioned in this thread (Hibbert, Noah, etc.) so I could have something to compare him to.

Comment

Honestly, just trade him already. If he's not averaging 25 + 15 now, he never will.
      "Masai WILL win us a championship"
      - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

I think we could talk about trading him in 2 years though, if it is clear he doesn't want to be here.

Comment

" I am actually also a JV fan and a big man's fan, Raptors realistically never had a good legit seven footer center ever in their history."

I forgive you my son. You know not what you do. Now, just sit down over there and think. I presume that you want to trade Jonas for the chance to have a top five pick in the 2014 draft, am I right? Okay. Now how old will this new recruit that you're after be when he shows up in Toronto, or rather, when he is dragged kicking and screaming by his agent. The answer? You're right! He'll be about 19 or 20. Now, how much experience will he have playing NBA basketball? Right again! None.

So tell me why in the world would you rather have a reluctant recruit who has never squeaked his sneakers on NBA hardwood ( in the heat of an NBA game) than a 7 foot giant with a genuine love of Toronto and a motor that even Rudy Gay couldn't stall who currently can shoot over Tim Duncan?

The floor is yours =>

Comment

Mr. Montross, never mind the Negative Neds here.... you have piqued the interest of many. At this time I notice there are 260x2 eyeballs viewing this thread.

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
              Honestly, just trade him already. If he's not averaging 25 + 15 now, he never will.
              i loled
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

He's far from a finished product. The game is still too fast for him & he hasn't even developed a counter to his go to post move so it's really tough calling him out. We haven't had a decent pick & roll guard -- and that's his strength. He has shown his touch around the rim and good fundamentals when it comes to inside scoring. I think he will get better with time, with experience, with repetitions, with skill work & with proper coaching. If we trade him, I trust Masai's evaluation & he doesn't see "it" in him but I really doubt he even explores that option -- this year at least.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

If you only touch the ball around 10 times per game, how could he get 30 points? even you are MJ. Lots of ppl said, numbers won't lie, but if you really really look at Chris Bosh, Bosh didn't has too much chance to touch the ball when VC here. Bosh's getting better just because VC not here and force the coach to start all off. around him. More time to touch the ball = higher chance being a better player.

I can say, if Andre Drummond instead of JV in Toronto, I don't think he could get those number he had. In breif, if you wan JV get 20+ point per game, trade DD out, and let JV be the centre piece of Raptors, otherwise, he won't has the opportunity to develop as what you want.

P.S. I don't want DD out.
                  Last edited by Frynoodle; Fri Dec 13, 2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Frynoodle wrote: View Post
                    If you only touch the ball around 10 times per game, how could he get 30 points? even you are MJ. Lots of ppl said, numbers won't lie, but if you really really look at Chris Bosh, Bosh didn't has too much chance to touch the ball when VC here. Bosh's getting better just because VC not here and force the coach to start all off. around him. More time to touch the ball = higher chance being a better player.

I can say, if Andre Drummond instead of JV in Toronto, I don't think he could get those number he had. In breif, if you wan JV get 20+ point per game, trade DD out, and let JV be the centre piece of Raptors, otherwise, he won't has the opportunity to develop as what you want.

P.S. I don't want DD out.
                    So you are saying Shaq and Kobe can't co-exist, and a bit up to date Durant and Westbrook can't co-exist.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
                      I want to see how JV plays with Vasquez.

I for one have not really liked what I've seen from JV, but there is no denying what he's capable of.
                      I really wish I had focused more on the developmental years of the other bigs mentioned in this thread (Hibbert, Noah, etc.) so I could have something to compare him to.

Here's a little video that shows some of the mistakes Noah used to make earlier in his career.
                      Now he's one of the best defensive centers around, which gives me hope for JV's defensive game. He probably won't be as good as Noah, but he certainly can improve to at least be average or above average.
                      OG is our king

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                        I'd laugh if none of them declared

hahaha
                        I was thinking of that while watching Wiggins highlights. But then i thought, if the raptors end up a bottom 5 team i doubt Wiggins would want to stay in college knowing that he could get selected by him hometown team.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                          Here's a little video that shows some of the mistakes Noah used to make earlier in his career.
                          Now he's one of the best defensive centers around, which gives me hope for JV's defensive game. He probably won't be as good as Noah, but he certainly can improve to at least be average or above average.
                          Cool, thanks for that man.
                          I would feel better about the analysis if it wasn't all taken from one game, and a playoff game against the #1 seed at that (and maybe Noah's first playoff game?), but a mistake is a mistake. I believe that was his 3rd year in the league as well?
                          What I do see from Noah here that I don't see yet from Valanciunas is a lot more comfort on the court, as well as a higher level of engangement - or assertion - in the game.
                          But he had about 2x as much NBA exprience by this point, in a much better system, and Noah is also just an energetic freak of nature.

Cool.
                          Got one for Hibbert?

As I recall he was outright bumbling at times.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            I was thinking of that while watching Wiggins highlights. But then i thought, if the raptors end up a bottom 5 team i doubt Wiggins would want to stay in college knowing that he could get selected by him hometown team.
                            Yu can bet Smart is declaring! Randle,Exum, and wiggins too.. Only 50 50 prospects are Embiid, Gordon and something telling me Parker is staying for the sophomore year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
                              Cool, thanks for that man.
                              I would feel better about the analysis if it wasn't all taken from one game, and a playoff game against the #1 seed at that (and maybe Noah's first playoff game?), but a mistake is a mistake. I believe that was his 3rd year in the league as well?
                              What I do see from Noah here that I don't see yet from Valanciunas is a lot more comfort on the court, as well as a higher level of engangement - or assertion - in the game.
                              But he had about 2x as much NBA exprience by this point, in a much better system, and Noah is also just an energetic freak of nature.

Cool.
                              Got one for Hibbert?

As I recall he was outright bumbling at times.
                              I'm afraid not, at least after looking through the guy's other videos. His Hibbert videos are mostly centered on Hibbert during the playoffs last year.
                              But yeah, he does some cool breakdowns, and his more recent videos are a bit more organized and visually pleasing. He usually only does the more popular teams, but last year he did one on the Raptors vs Lakers game that we won. I'd really like him to do one on JV.
                              OG is our king

Comment

Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post
                                So you are saying Shaq and Kobe can't co-exist, and a bit up to date Durant and Westbrook can't co-exist.
                                I think you better check it out, its the coach of Raptors doesn't want JV wanna to touch the ball/play as much as he could or me! I wonder how many Raptors game you watched.

Also, I don't understand why you ask me Shaq and Kobe, Durant and westbrook. why don't you ask yourself, Nash and Kobe, Rudy and DD, Shaq and penny. Actually, how many minutes the player play it depends on the coach and the direction of the club.

Also, under you wrong example, all the ball hold by the G. But because Shaq and Durant is the senior and has higher respectation, thats why they have chance to get the ball from their G. If shaq and Durant playing well on that day, G will feed them more, otherwise their G just become a ball hog. [No matter kobe or westbrook]. Under your bad example, both Shaq and Durant develop enough as a superstar before their G come to play.

Give you another example, Payton and Kemp, Nash and Amir S., both C could develop because they have a good PG.

Comment

Working...
                                X