No announcement yet.

Extend Lowry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do like Lowry, and I think that he can be a piece, although he's not a game changer. If I was MU, I would tried to trade Lowry this season, but let his agent know that the org values him and that it is only to maximize his worth. I would let his agent know that I'd be intending to to put a bid for his services in the off season if he's interested.

Then when the off season happens you can try to get him back at a reasonable price (which you probably can't) but how knows.

I will say this though, Ujiri is on records as not wanting to be in a situation he can't control, so I can't imagine Lowry entering the off season as a Raptor UNLESS he's signed an extension. Which doesn't seem like it's going to happen since it's obvious he's being shopped.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

After a couple of wins there is a lot of talk about whether or not the Raptors should continue to clean house and sink in the standings for a higher draft pick (i.e. tank). Trading Lowry would certainly accomplish that. Even if you don't want to tank, for a team of the Raptors' status it would be terrible asset management to lose Lowry in free agency for nothing. If Lowry is not going to have a contract extended by the Raptors then they absolutely should trade him and get some future prospect and/or picks.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, the Raps have control. They can deal him while he's on a high, wait for other teams to get desperate with their own injuries at PG. My real issue is what happens if he gets injured given his history? I trust that Masai "the pirate" knows what to do.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

So what. Rogers can afford it and are willing to spend because more wins leads to increased viewership and much more $ for Rogers!

Comment

steve wrote: View Post
            So what. Rogers can afford it and are willing to spend because more wins leads to increased viewership and much more $ for Rogers!
            i have no clue what you're talking about here.

do you mean we should resign lowry?

because if so, you realize that there is a salary cap and that ownership wealth doesn't matter unless you're broke like Milwaukee
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Lowry is going great right now. I'd be sorry to see him go this season.

Comment

Masai has gone as far as sign Nene as a f/a (so as not to lose an asset) and then traded him in a few months. He'll do "anything" but lose Lowry for nothing.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  Lowry is going great right now. I'd be sorry to see him go this season.
                  My feelings on his leaving will depend directly upon what is coming back.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                    I do like Lowry, and I think that he can be a piece, although he's not a game changer. If I was MU, I would tried to trade Lowry this season, but let his agent know that the org values him and that it is only to maximize his worth. I would let his agent know that I'd be intending to to put a bid for his services in the off season if he's interested.

Then when the off season happens you can try to get him back at a reasonable price (which you probably can't) but how knows.

I will say this though, Ujiri is on records as not wanting to be in a situation he can't control, so I can't imagine Lowry entering the off season as a Raptor UNLESS he's signed an extension. Which doesn't seem like it's going to happen since it's obvious he's being shopped.
                    But he could extend him if he doesn't get the deal he wants....rather than letting him enter free agency.

Comment

Yes, if Masai can extend Ujiri, he should. Because that would mean Lowry is on a 3 year, 21 or so million dollar contract and becomes either very keepable or very tradeable.

But that fact is exactly why Lowry will never sign an extension.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Maybe I'm just gullible, but I believe in KL. The guy has always played with effort, playing through injuries and throwing his body into the paint. Then again, maybe he's just being professional about it and if that's the case, I have no problems with it. It's when players sulk and stop trying that's when it gets on my nerves.

The issue with KL is that he's more suitable for teams that are looking to "win" now, whether it be using him as a starting or back up PG. He's going to be 28 next year and given that he's undersized and his aggressive style of play, he'll be on the decline soon (unless he's able to change up his game, becoming more of a cerebral player than the whole pitbull thing). While trading Gay made us better, we're not exactly title contenders, so we should be looking to somehow get another pg who's relatively younger and has more potential and room to grow along with our core.

Comment

Bleacher Report exposed this as any team biting on trading for Lowry is another one of many Ujiri suckers.... SHUT UP BR WE'RE MAKING A TEAM HERE ><

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                            Bleacher Report exposed this as any team biting on trading for Lowry is another one of many Ujiri suckers.... SHUT UP BR WE'RE MAKING A TEAM HERE ><
                            Don't think GM's are worried about bleacher report. Fact is, he is one of the top 15 point guards in the NBA hands down and as such would be a valuable commodity down the stretch.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Top 15? Backups you mean? Lol he's barely top 30

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
                                Top 15? Backups you mean? Lol he's barely top 30
                                Actually he legit is a top PG in the league....the I would argue he is around number 10.

He does so many good things when he is on the court, can shoot, can finish, can create for his teammates, can be a lock down defender, is a good leader. He just looks bad because he has been nudered by DC and has had some crappy teammates here in TO

Comment

Working...
                                X