Chicago Bulls 14 December 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i totally agree its a problem. i also expect patterson to sputter out and salmons to be useless again (look at any kings fan forum and they're all super glad hes gone). so far we beat some shitty teams and a good team with key injured players. despite all the ball movement, we didn't beat the one good team in this run: the spurs.
    Salmons isn't playing good at all lol. All he's done is hit a three here and there and make a couple of semi contested shots on top of playing solid D, completely sustainable. Patrick Patterson is a good young player, i like him better than Ed Davis and he's a couple of months younger than Davis i believe. You're right about not beating any good teams, i still think this team will win like 30 games even after they trade lowry. Hopefully that's bad enough for bottom 5 or 6

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
      If we had lost by a few points to the Spurs, I might have more faith in the current team as a legitimate contender. But the thing is we got completely outplayed and blown out. :\
      Keep in mind we were SUPER shorthanded. We had 2 legitimate bigs. 2.

That's not even a rotation.

Comment

If we had lost by a few points to the Spurs, I might have more faith in the current team as a legitimate contender. But the thing is we got completely outplayed and blown out. :\
        They aren't a contender.
        I don't think anybody should have any doubt about that.
        But they might be competitive.
        They might be good enough to leave largely intact.

I doubt it, but they are certainly entertaining enough to watch for awhile and see.

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
          Problem is (depending on your stance I suppose), that means the team is actually good. Not Western Conference good. But .500 good at least. They aren't winning by fluke from what I can tell.

This kind of play is entirely sustainable, it's the kind of play that won us a bunch of games in 06/07 (and of course the kind of play that had us bounced in the first round).
          Relax. We won against three shitty teams. Lakers suck with D'Antoni and Kobe is injured. 76ers tanking hard! Bulls are trash without anyone running this team and in a spiral downards. We got absolutely thrashed by the Spurs. We haven't face any .500 team with this lineup. Don't see why everyone is getting so excited about a team that hasn't proved anything yet. We might be better, but not as much as everyone things so. Keep your opinions until we faced actual decent teams...

Comment

Keep in mind we were SUPER shorthanded. We had 2 legitimate bigs. 2.

That's not even a rotation.
            Fine. Wait until the 23rd. I'm pretty sure we'll still get thrashed by them!

Comment

• one thing i do expect to happen which will be in favour of tanking: caseys coaching. rudy did just fine when he basically got off the plane and went straight on the court. fast forward to actual training camp with the raptors and he just turned into shit.

i expect with the SAC players, once casey has his way with them, the whole team will just deteriorate again into a blob of crap.

Comment

• 30-24 bench scoring. GV, Mr.Patterson and Salmons making huge impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  Relax. We won against three shitty teams. Lakers suck with D'Antoni and Kobe is injured. 76ers tanking hard! Bulls are trash without anyone running this team and in a spiral downards. We got absolutely thrashed by the Spurs. We haven't face any .500 team with this lineup. Don't see why everyone is getting so excited about a team that hasn't proved anything yet. We might be better, but not as much as everyone things so. Keep your opinions until we faced actual decent teams...
                  I'll post my opinions whenever I damn well want to, seeing as this is a forum for opinions.

And you've entirely missed the point. I said this was a .500 team. .500 teams shouldn't be expected to beat the spurs (only 4 teams have this ENTIRE season). There are a grand total of 2. Count that: TWO teams above .500 in the east. No one's saying we're championship contenders or anything, so I wouldn't say we're "so excited" (my excitement is just from watching entertaining basketball for the first time eons).

But as currently constituted I believe this is a decent to solid team, which puts you in a pretty decent spot in the East.

Comment

Fine. Wait until the 23rd. I'm pretty sure we'll still get thrashed by them!
                    I entirely expect this will be true. Most teams are thrashed by them.

But......they are the fucking Spurs, they are 19 - 4, why is this so hard to comprehend?
                    Last edited by themasao; Sun Dec 15, 2013, 01:24 AM. Reason: Adjust record

Comment

I entirely expect this will be true. Most teams are thrashed by them.

But......they are the fucking Spurs, they are 19 - 4, why is this so hard to comprehend?
                      Don't mind him he's just fired up about the tank. Its goin to his head

Comment

• On a side note: 50,000 year old Tim Duncan had a 22 and 12 game tonight.
                        OG is our king

Comment

On a side note: 50,000 year old Tim Duncan had a 22 and 12 game tonight.
                          Remember when that guy was the best PF of all time 2 years ago?

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                            I'll post my opinions whenever I damn well want to, seeing as this is a forum for opinions.

And you've entirely missed the point. I said this was a .500 team. .500 teams shouldn't be expected to beat the spurs (only 4 teams have this ENTIRE season). There are a grand total of 2. Count that: TWO teams above .500 in the east. No one's saying we're championship contenders or anything, so I wouldn't say we're "so excited" (my excitement is just from watching entertaining basketball for the first time eons).

But as currently constituted I believe this is a decent to solid team, which puts you in a pretty decent spot in the East.
                            IF you are pro-tanking there's a lot of reasons to be concerned. The East has a lot of BAD teams.

Comment

• Gah! Of all the games to miss. Looks like it was a good game.

Regardless of what direction this team ends up going, its' too early to draw conclusions. We beat 3 teams that are struggling. The team has some energy from the trade.

We are also probably benefitting from Casey not having that much time to integrate the new guys, meaning they're playing with their instincts and trying to work with the team, instead of working within Casey's "system".

Comment

• Like what i've been saying for a week now. The Rudy Gay trade made the Raps a much better team.

To all the naysayers saying, 'oh they beat 3 bad teams' Raps didn't just beat the Lakers, Sixers and Bulls. They DOMINATED them. All 3 games weren't even close. Raps were in cruise control in all 3 games.

The Raps also played well against the SPURS. They were up by as many as 15-17 in the 1st. Ended up losing the game. But that's the Spurs arguably the best team in the league.

Raptors right now are the best team in the Atlantic. And its not even close.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X