No announcement yet.

Raptors on the Rise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is really funny reading the Kings forums, everyone is going on about how he is a key part to the future and how amazing he is. It is kinda funny to watch what we went through here repeat itself in SAC, it is also kinda depressing for some reason.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
      What was wrong with what Greivis said?

That video alone just made him one of my favourite players on this team.
      Oh nothing wrong with what he said. My post is sarcastic. Damn, I thought I made it obvious enough -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Oh nothing wrong with what he said. My post is sarcastic. Damn, I thought I made it obvious enough -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yeah, I got it.

I still haven't seen anything to suggest we can be a top team as constructed though. we'll have some cap space this summer if we dont tank. I wonder what a realistic plan of how to use it would look like?

how good can this team get?
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

but also I'm anxious for some action, so... MU! do something quick!
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

If you guys think this scrappy 7 seed team winning is nothing but good i have some sad news for you
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              If you guys think this scrappy 7 seed team winning is nothing but good i have some sad news for you
              Seriously.

I can't help but think of fans praying to keep the Raptors as is like a battered spouse who keeps are turning thinking this time will be different.

The goal is to not be stuck in the middle. This team has middle written all over it.

Comment

It's far too early to get excited one way or another but, man, this is starting to remind me of 2006-07.... Yeah, no Bosh. But if Val and Amir are throwing up double/doubles every other night.....

Comment

I'm okay with them hoping to win games.

IMO, the tanking part is not the players' job, it's MU's. It's his job to make moves in order to make it impossible for this team to win.
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Seriously.

I can't help but think of fans praying to keep the Raptors as is like a battered spouse who keeps are turning thinking this time will be different.

The goal is to not be stuck in the middle. This team has middle written all over it.
                    As the roster stands right now they will be stuck in the middle and that is something that just cannot happen anymore
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Just win, baby!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Seriously.

I've been supporting a tank for longer than most, but I feel compelled to provide a different perspective if for no other reason than out of boredom.

Our defense was on point against Chicago yesterday. Albeit, they aren't very good offensively, but we beat them where they are good, at rebounding. Our bigs outplayed theirs and got what they wanted in the post, while keeping them in check. If Casey can get our guys to consistently be better than the opposition on D, then we will always be "in the game". For the first time I feel like we are beating the teams we should beat. Take a look at the standings. Atlanta is in third and I would say that we can beat them as well as anyone below them right now. The current roster can make it to the second round if they avoid a first round match up against Mia or Ind, imo. A Denver Nuggets type team can beat anyone outside of MIA and IND, in the east.

I realize the goal is to be able to compete with teams like Mia, Ind, and OKC, but wouldn't you be impressed with a 3rd seed. Do you think anyone else in the East, besides Miami and Indiana are heads and shoulders better than a very deep Rap's?

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                          Just win, baby!
                          and what's next?

Comment

"As the roster stands now", "This team has.....", etc., etc., like the only other option to full tank mode is to stand pat for the next few years. Naw, MU can't make other great trades this year, or over the next few. Naw, MU can't sign FAs. Naw, MU can't make good draft picks. Yup, unless a full-blown tank this year, we're stuck with this team as is, forever.

And people say what I say is nonsense/bullsh!t? Tunnel vision is bad for the health.

Comment

Would you guys be against having a team like last years Nuggets? To me, it seems more realistic than gunning for a superstar in the draft.
                              "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                              - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                                and what's next?
                                Playoffs for the first time in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X