Game Day: TOR at DAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    The republic is a joke. The republic wanted Rudy Gay. Now the republic wants to tank.

The republic seems determined to fail without trying to win. The current republic makes me sick...All i see is a bunch of bitter, sorry posters.

This is what I think of the current republic.

Blow it up they coninue to say!?

We have two 2nd year starters in JV and Ross. We have the always reliable Amir and we have a up and coming star in Demar.

Im glad I belong to a minority within the republic.
    Hey buddy. Love your passion.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      You do not speak for the republic nor do you represent them properly with your words.

I'm very glad you belong to the minority, because if the majority of posters here sounded like you, the level of discussion and debate would be pathetic. So don't worry, you make the majority just as sick as they seem to make you.
      I stated my opinion and you seem to think you speak for the majority... Good for you. If you enjoy this tank atmosphere on the republic and enjoy seeing other posters cheer for our team to lose, then we fundamentally disagree. To be honest, I don't care what you and your tank buddies think of me.

Comment

I stated my opinion and you seem to think you speak for the majority... Good for you. If you enjoy this tank atmosphere on the republic and enjoy seeing other posters cheer for our team to lose, then we fundamentally disagree. To be honest, I don't care what you and your tank buddies think of me.
        loool, calm down lil fella
        no one likes to see their team lose not even the tankers
        they suck up the loses like real men and move onto the next knowing its for the better of the team
        I know, I feel you and sometimes it gets annoying but hey...
        Last edited by lilmamba_; Sat Dec 21, 2013, 04:37 PM.
        What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
        The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
        No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          Let's see where we are after next two games....if they split next two games and then beat NY twice it may be time to put the tank in park. . We'll see.
          I would extend this rationale further down the road as well....

They have Indiana twice in one week (one home, one away), and Miami on the road two days before that Indy road game. For me to be convinced they can make some noise, they'd have to win at least 2 out of those 3 games, on top of what you say for the next 4 games. They have to really show something that indicates they can be more than a middle of the pack team. They have not done this yet.

Comment

I don't think I speak for the majority, but speaking as someone who's not pro or anti tank, and who actively argued against getting Rudy Gay partly because I believe DeMar was as good or better, I can speak to the fact that you dont' seem interested in debate or discussion.

I have had many arguments with posters on this site, most of them being (mostly) rational and constructive. Disagreeing with many frequent posters. I have never resorted to the sort of dick-waving tone all your posts seem to be about.

**To set the record straight, I'm PRO-CHAMPIONSHIPS. I see tanking as a simple, albeit obviously not guaranteed route to this. I would be thrilled if Ujiri could find a way to add a significant talent or two without this, but it's going to be really tough. It's hard to win in free agency, so I have very little hope there. MU has shown to be a wizard at trades, so I have more hope there, but still don't think he will jump into that this season because it still makes sense to accumulate hopefully at least a couple more assets before you start trading them away to try and upgrade the team's ceiling, so that there's less risk in terms of opening up other holes. The timing there might be at its best in a season or two, whether you're pro or anti tank.
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Dec 21, 2013, 04:41 PM.

Comment

You do not speak for the republic nor do you represent them properly with your words.

I'm very glad you belong to the minority, because if the majority of posters here sounded like you, the level of discussion and debate would be pathetic. So don't worry, you make the majority just as sick as they seem to make you.
              Interesting that the only bitter reading posts are coming from a poster claiming others are in fact bitter. Strange.

Raptors won a game they weren't 'supposed' to - Dallas.
              Raptors lost a game they weren't 'supposed' to - Charlotte.

It is a long season.... 58 games to go.
              Don't get too high after every win/loss.
              Don't get too low after every win/loss.
              Don't forget Orlando went 12-13 to start last year before finishing with 20 wins.

I love the dick swinging that goes on after every win and the silence that follows for days after every loss. lol

Personally, I am not sure about a team that can't win on home court.

Those two New York Knick games on 27th and 28th are going to be very interesting.

Comment

They have Indiana twice in one week (one home, one away), and Miami on the road two days before that Indy road game. For me to be convinced they can make some noise, they'd have to win at least 2 out of those 3 games, on top of what you say for the next 4 games. They have to really show something that indicates they can be more than a middle of the pack team. They have not done this yet.
                But let's hope they do. I think all of us want to bring that passion and energy back to our team. We have been drummed to for so long that it can be hard to generate the enthusiasm special1 is bringing to the table.

Comment

yep exactly. this dallas game was a nice surprise but does anyone realistically think they can pull it off again? doubtful.

Comment

But let's hope they do. I think all of us want to bring that passion and energy back to our team. We have been drummed to for so long that it can be hard to generate the enthusiasm special1 is bringing to the table.
                    His enthusiasm isn't the problem. His tone, lack of objectivity, and consistent debasement of others are.

I would love for this team to show that they are closer than the pro-tank contingent thinks. Still think they'd need another significant talent or two. Watching them and watching great teams, it's clearly more than just continuity that's missing from the Raps. They still lack leadership, a talent who has shown to be able to take over the game even at least just on one end, and they could have a few pieces walking in the summer so continuity could even be a bit difficult to maintain. Though I hope for that last one they can keep Jonas, Amir and DeMar together to help give that a real shot.

Comment

theres a big difference between enthusiasm and purposeful ignorance. its super easy to be happy if all you're worrying about is the present, with no regard for the future.

Comment

• lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                        loool, calm down lil fella
                        no one likes to see their team lose not even the tankers
                        they suck up the loses like real men and move onto the next knowing its for the better of the team
                        I know, I feel you and sometimes it gets annoying but hey...
                        lilmamba...not you too! They got to you huh? lol ***

Wait..., since when are losses better for your team?? Look at Charlotte, Sacramento, Cleveland, etc. They lost and had high draft picks for years and what do they have to show?

I can't believe so many posters are putting their hopes into one draft.

p.s. I'm a very calm person. Unfortunately, it may not come across on the internet. Also, "lil fella" does not describe me.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          This Dallas game was a nice surprise but does anyone realistically think they can pull it off again? doubtful.
                          To win, you have to trap their guards and rotate quickly if a big heads to the basket. It can be done, just not sure if Toronto has enough discipline to pull it off.

Comment

Wait..., since when are losses better for your team?? Look at Charlotte, Sacramento, Cleveland, etc. They lost and had high draft picks for years and what do they have to show?

p.s. I'm a very calm person. Unfortunately, it may not come across on the internet. Also, "lil fella" does not describe me.
                            LOOOL
                            I tried the tank experience and after two games I was done
                            I personally dont like the idea of tanking more like I hate it
                            lool they cant get to me ima boss ass b*itch
                            I liked your posts since day one so...
                            just dont fuck with them please, they'll make you feel stupid trust me

if they wanna tank then they wanna tank just keep the good vibes coming
                            What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                            The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                            No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

The trend that leads to losses for those teams isn't a history of losing, it's a history of poor management. If you have bad management, it doesn't matter if you land a LeBron James. So Cleveland is a great example, because they have been badly managed through a run of being a top team that couldn't get over the hump despite having the best player in the world, and badly managed through a rebuild. Bad management leads to failure. And don't anyone try to say they did a good job with LeBron. They never gave him quality talent to work beside. And for personal opinion, I think Mike Brown is a pretty terrible coach as well.

In the end, and especially in this era of new CBA rules and improved statistical analysis, management is arguably the most important aspect of a team.

Do you believe in Masai (and Leiweke)? If you do it shouldn't matter what route he decides to take them. And you should listen to him when he says things like he doesn't want the team in no man's land because it's the worst place to be. By all accounts he's one of the brightest young front office minds in the league, and I hope that stays true.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                theres a big difference between enthusiasm and purposeful ignorance. its super easy to be happy if all you're worrying about is the present, with no regard for the future.
                                I say let Masai worry about the future! As fans we should cheer on our team and not worry about the lottery.

I get called a dick swinger or ignorant or blind when i ask fans to get behind the young group of guys representing our team and city??? Thats seriously messed up!

I really hope we get this saviour that you guys want to tank for. History shows that there are talent to be found outside the top 8 (recent examples being Paul George, Kahwi Leonard and Andre Drummond).

Comment

Working...
                                X