No announcement yet.

Are we really tanking now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps were supposedly interested in asik too.

Just MU kicking tires and likely trying to squeeze in as third wheel

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
      Stop with your trolling BS please. Check out ESPN ... There are rumours that Raptors is interested and when there is a smoke, there is a fire my friend.
      There is a difference between "Deng is coming to town" and "there is a possibility Deng is coming to town".
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• lebron is coming to town. heat agreed to trade him for austin daye. read it on someones twitter so it must be true.

Comment

• I think what you do is send Lowry and derozan to the bulls for Deng. Then send Deng over to Sudan for charity work. Tank on gentlemen tank on.

Comment

• what's most surprising here is the audacity of a moderator to ask for proof of a link. your trust is dwindling thead. everybody knows that without any specifics listed and the idea of trading for a player who runs the exact opposite of everything masai has done so far means there is about an 80% chance the trade goes through tomorrow, and a big fat i told you so from jam.

i got your back jam. but you need to be careful, these guys will rip your heart out if you don't bring the A game. haha

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
              "if the team has already torn-down and rebuilt around young, high upside prospects" and "stages" of a rebuild are too fuzzy. What is a high-upside prospect? Who knows, who cares? Most of them turn into nothing special. There's disagreement here over that issue with respect to various players. I don't think there's anyone on this Raptors team worth keeping, but some people do think that. Beyond winning at least 55 games, I don't know what stage a rebuild is in, or how long the winning will last. Dave's numbers jive with my personal observations over the years. There's no one reliable way to win continuously. The best predictor of future winning is past performance, which indicates a good owner (or a bad owner). The biggest problem with most sports franchises is the owner. Tanking doesn't work because there are no guarantees. Handing out big contracts doesn't work because most players aren't very good, and flexibility is reduced.
              The numbers might look good for your viewpoint, but as I said, they aren't actually indicative of whether or not tanking works, so it's a little irrelevant.

Comment

• Are we really tanking ?? Where are all the haters ? Where are all those who thought the first few games were a fluke ? When did I say we are the best 3rd team in the East.

I will make another prediction now : If we move Hayes, Fields and Novak and Improve little more, we can be in East Finals and play the Heat. At that time, it is all about the injuries and how healthy Heat is.

Comment

Are we really tanking ?? Where are all the haters ? Where are all those who thought the first few games were a fluke ? When did I say we are the best 3rd team in the East.

I will make another prediction now : If we move Hayes, Fields and Novak and Improve little more, we can be in East Finals and play the Heat. At that time, it is all about the injuries and how healthy Heat is.
                  Jamshid you're all over the place... Tough to know your opinions lol

But those guys aren't expirings and have no value.

If Masai can unload them for anything that helps now, I'd be shocked

Then again I'm currently shocked so who knows

Comment

I will make another predition now : If we move Hayes, Fields and Novak and Improve little more, we can be in East Finals and play the Heat. At that time, it is all about the injuries and how healthy Heat is.
                    i don't understand why you think it is so easy to move those players? you keep saying it like it's masais' choice of not sending them out. of those three players i can see there being a small market for hayes(maybe) and probably get something for novak but no one is going to take fields and give us anything that would make us a better team. that one is just not going to happen. next year when he is an expiring deal along with hayes, they will both be moveable. right now, no one wants a guy with heart problems, contending teams want stability and someone they can depend on and no one wants a guy whose best season was 4 years ago and is not able to hit a shot from anywhere on the court.

i also think you're getting ahead of yourself if you think we can take the pacers in a seven game series.

i am so happy for the basketball we are seeing right now and hope it keeps going but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Jamshid you're all over the place... Tough to know your opinions lol

But those guys aren't expirings and have no value.

If Masai can unload them for anything that helps now, I'd be shocked

Then again I'm currently shocked so who knows
                      Draft picks ... There are many teams now that are just so damaged via the injuries that want to start fresh. Add draft picks to these small contracts and you can get some stars back.

Comment

Draft picks ... There are many teams now that are just so damaged via the injuries that want to start fresh. Add draft picks to these small contracts and you can get some stars back.
                        Raps are looking like a 20 pick

That is not returning a star with semi useless players owed $8, $6, and $3.5m next year and Novak year after

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Raps are looking like a 20 pick

That is not returning a star with semi useless players owed $8, $6, and $3.5m next year and Novak year after
                          Add the 2015 from NY as well then or include patterson and Salmon

Comment

• We are either IN it to WIN it or we are rebuilding. No team has EVER won a NBA title while at the same time trying to hold on its late first round picks and rebuilding via draft

Comment

Add the 2015 from NY as well then or include patterson and Salmon
                              2016 New York pick which is actually worse of Denver/NY

Still not seeing enough value for a team to give up a star

Ujiri also values the draft. Trading all your pick hand going all in is dangerous: see Knicks, Nets, or Lakers

Comment

• why? that is what got us in this mess in the first place. let this team play. we have to wait for the summer to see how much money lowry wants for next year and whether we are paying it. (my guess is sign and trade).

masai is building this team.
                                needed a back up pg..tried to sign a couple in the summer, they sucked, traded for one.

needed a stretch 4..tried to sign one in the summer, he sucked, traded for one who is better but not going to be the answer-will get a better one

we need to keep on keeping on. right now it's blow up what we have to tank and that plan is gone so lets change it to blow up the future and go all in?

we can't really win a championship until lebron either breaks down or retires so why trade the future, that we will need in the future, to not win?

Comment

Working...
                                X