Clear All

p00ka wrote: View Post
    YET

The board is still dominated by:
    - we need to tank
    - we need to rid ourselves of DeMar
    - we need to tank
    - this team's ceiling is treadmill
    - DeMar's is overrated, and I got stats to back me up. It's the only thing I got, but I got stats!
    - we need to tank
    - we're doomed if we don't
    - if you don't agree with me, you're short-sighted and satisfied with mediocre. I know better. See my stats!
    This is funny because:

-the team ceiling is treadmill without quite a few moves
    -People who knock on DD don't like what they see with the eye test, then prove whether what they are seeing is right or wrong using stats. Oh, and I'm still waiting for a post explaining why DD is so good with some for of evidence to back it up
    -I believe that we need to rebuild the team through the draft. So ya, I would like to see the team tanking right now...but I can't really knock on them for winning consistently either

Comment

This isn't a pro or anti Demar thread, so please pooka and oldskool, don't hijack it. There are other threads dedicated to discussing the pros and cons of Demar's game.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        This isn't a pro or anti Demar thread, so please pooka and oldskool, don't hijack it. There are other threads dedicated to discussing the pros and cons of Demar's game.
        Sorry. didn't mean to hijack the thread. Guilty, with extenuating circumstances:

- in an earlier post, you said you'd like to keep it on the first page. Me too. I noticed it had slipped to the 2nd page. I was motivated to say something
        - my post had FAR MORE in it than DeMar, and was more an overall plea to a few posters to chill and let us people who want to cheer what this team is doing, have some bloody space for a change, without constant bombardment about how short-sighted we are. When it's repeated over and over and over, is that getting personal? Just wondering, because if someone responds with something equally personal (imo), there's a hue and cry about not getting personal.
        - I hate bullies, always have, in whatever form they come in. In school, I was the oddball tough jock that messed with bullies, not led them. The relentless pursuit, but often lame, of trying to prove that we're all "short-sighted, happy with mediocre, etc", in every bloody thread, is getting to the point of bullying, imo. Hell, it's been so for some time with a certain person or two. People can't even cheer for yet another hard fought win, in a game thread, without that shit raining down.

Like I said in my opening statement, it's effing sad/pathetic that we need a secluded "cheering" thread to plead for a place to do so,,,,,, just to get away from it. I was trying to share my dismay with those who I thought may share in the feelings. Sorry, I guess I did so in the wrong thread, but where else?

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
          Sorry. didn't mean to hijack the thread. Guilty, with extenuating circumstances:

- in an earlier post, you said you'd like to keep it on the first page. Me too. I noticed it had slipped to the 2nd page. I was motivated to say something
          - my post had FAR MORE in it than DeMar, and was more an overall plea to a few posters to chill and let us people who want to cheer what this team is doing, have some bloody space for a change, without constant bombardment about how short-sighted we are. When it's repeated over and over and over, is that getting personal? Just wondering, because if someone responds with something equally personal (imo), there's a hue and cry about not getting personal.
          - I hate bullies, always have, in whatever form they come in. In school, I was the oddball tough jock that messed with bullies, not led them. The relentless pursuit, but often lame, of trying to prove that we're all "short-sighted, happy with mediocre, etc", in every bloody thread, is getting to the point of bullying, imo. Hell, it's been so for some time with a certain person or two. People can't even cheer for yet another hard fought win, in a game thread, without that shit raining down.

Like I said in my opening statement, it's effing sad/pathetic that we need a secluded "cheering" thread to plead for a place to do so,,,,,, just to get away from it. I was trying to share my dismay with those who I thought may share in the feelings. Sorry, I guess I did so in the wrong thread, but where else?
          I appreciate you posting to keep the thread alive! Lets just keep it to the positive things we are seeing from the team and to show our support. I know you are supporting the team...so keep posting, let's make sure the team knows we are behind them!!

Comment

Stickify this shiz. We're going to the Finals!
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

As much as I'd love to see Wiggins is a Raps Jersey or something, I'm very happy with the way they're playing now.

Can never be upset with the team winning, who knows what MU has planned. I don't believe he would've thought the team would be doing this well after the Gay trade.

Interesting to see if MU is going to make some moves towards getting more picks, or trading for actual assets, though I do believe, with the continuing chemistry and growth of our players, especially TR/JV/DD, and if Amir and Lowry continue this play, I could see us making some noise in the playoffs.

Second round is still second round, hell, VC never got us past that. Experience is never a bad thing!

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, after that decisive victory over the best in the East, I think we have a basketball team here. Great defense tonight, just tenacious play. JV played great, Lowry was excellent distributing the ball, Amir was solid on West, Demar had a rough shooting night but picked it up in the fourth and I think he played great D tonight as well, and Ross is showing he can handle a starting role, fantastic play tonight from the sophomore wing. And of course, Hans and the Sac players were pretty good as well. I love how the bench can maintain the defensive effort. Great f'ing win tonight! Go Raps!!

Comment

i said once they hit .500, i'd believe. well..i'm believing.

Comment

The Cheering Thread

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    This is funny because:

-the team ceiling is treadmill without quite a few moves
                    -People who knock on DD don't like what they see with the eye test, then prove whether what they are seeing is right or wrong using stats. Oh, and I'm still waiting for a post explaining why DD is so good with some for of evidence to back it up
                    -I believe that we need to rebuild the team through the draft. So ya, I would like to see the team tanking right now...but I can't really knock on them for winning consistently either
                    You're gonna be waiting a long time because nobody gives as much of a shit (and has as much time on their hands) as you. The kid puts in work, gets his teammates involved, scores points and is hungry to win. Sure he doesn't take the smartest (read: most efficient) shots, but neither did most shooting guards before the 79-80 season and some of those guys are hall of famers!

Obviously I'm not saying Demar is a hall of famer but he plays his game, where he's most comfortable and knows he can thrive and help his team to win. Trust me, I'm the first to cringe and yell at my TV when he misses a shot just inside the 3pt line. But you can't argue with results. They're winning, we (sane functional people) are cheering. That's what fans do. There is literally no point in pulling your hair over the fact our young, determined, hardworking SG isn't "elite" (which no one ever claimed he was).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by e_wheazhy_; Wed Jan 1, 2014, 11:02 PM.
                    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Wooooooo!

Comment

NBA Finals.

So, who do you guys think we'll be facing in the Finals this year? Spurs, OKC, Blazers? Totally kidding, I'm just so happy haha.
                        "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                        - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

I believe if we somehow manage to turn the 14 million on our bench (Hayes,fields,Novak) into a solid starter at the 3 and draft a solid player in the 15-20 range in the upcoming draft this team is a contender in the east!
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Make few more moves, get another star player and you can make this dream happen.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                              I believe if we somehow manage to turn the 14 million on our bench (Hayes,fields,Novak) into a solid starter at the 3 and draft a solid player in the 15-20 range in the upcoming draft this team is a contender in the east!
                              I agree 100% or make it a star big man off the bench

Comment

This is freakin' incredible. I mean, freakin' incredible.
                                They're sharing the ball, they're playing defense, they're playing a TEAM game. I'm crying tears of happiness.
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X