No announcement yet.

A Plea From A Sane Raptors Fan [Re:Booing]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boo Wince, Rupaul, Pasta, Gay. Cheer Jose, Acy, Gray.

Wince for obvious reasons
    Rupaul for quitting on the team after all-star break when the Raps are in the middle of a playoff chase, and saying bad things about our city
    Pasta for being Primo Pasta
    Gay probably for being Gay, no pun intended

Comment

I'll never boo a player that's in a Raps uni, and i don't condone it at all, regardless of how much we hate him.

I do, on the other hand, condone booing of anyone that is not in, or no longer in a Raps uni. They are the opposition and deserve it.

As far as these players gathering together and squabbling about "Oh man, i don't wanna play in Toronto, they're gonna boo me when I leave", how about they get their asses in gear and play like some real men? Look at the love guys like JYD, Reggie Evans, Jose Calderon, Matt Bonner, Mike James(joke), and even a Mo Pete got when they returned. These were guys that(for the most part) gave their all for the team and the city. There are countless others I didn't mention, but if a player plays his ass off for a team, the fans will appreciate his effort, regardless of his skill set. We did not get this from #7 or Vince. They have both openly admitted to being lazy while playing for the Dino's, which has left a sour taste in most of our mouth's. If these two players, along with many others in their position, which are getting paid in 8 figures per season, can't take some booing for their pathetic efforts then they deserve to be booed even louder.

Vince played great for a few season's, but ultimately quit when the tough got goin'! Openly demanding a trade in public doomed what the Raps would receive in return for him. Well worth a good booing for as many years as he doesn't play for us again!

I didn't care about all the hype about #7, as much as I cared about his efforts to try to get better. Consistent lazy effort and lackadaisical attitude deserves a good booing(during his intro at least, couldn't care less about during game).

All things said, don't boo the home team. Boo the shit outta every and all players that are visitors, not just our old lame-o's.

Comment

The only player I'd boo is Ben Uzoh.......
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          vince never deserved it, Bosh kinda does he refused to do a sign and trade just left Toronto high and dry... never let BC know what his plan was for him to work something out with Miami. Bargnani I say does cause it was 7 years of him leading our team to mediocity and bottom feeding while not giving a shit and eating money.

Alan Anderson does too.
          We got two first round draft picks and a trade exception. Those picks were miami's first (traded away for James Johnson, I wish we still had him). The other one was our own pick back in the 2011 draft- used to draft JV. So... he left and we got a (possible) franchise center. So... why boo bosh? Boo VC I can understand. He betrayed us, quit on us. Free agency is a right and you can't blame guys for exercising it, but I can't forgive giving up... although it has been long enough to maybe not boo him every time.

Here's my solution. Have the NBA schedule us three straight home games- Vs Dallas, Vs Miami, Vs NY. And then, before every game, have a little pre game ritual where Bryan Colangelo walks onto the court and does a smile and wave. Then we can get all our boos out on the man we truly hate, and we can get it out of our system!
          @Boymusic66

Comment

Carter is almost a 100 years old now and did great things for the whole city, let alone just Canadian basketball presence. People need to get over it and stop sounding like whiny bitches every time he comes back to Toronto. It's pathetic.

When Ross wore a carter jersey at the dunk contest, no one complained.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
              We should boo someone random like the other team's third string point guard. That'd be hilarious
              4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
              The only player I'd boo is Ben Uzoh.......
              Some other team's third string point guard? :-)

Comment

As soon as that joke of a Sacramento King get's back he'll be boo'd mercilessly. Always jacking up shots, never passing, thinking he's "the man". And at that salary? Ridiculous!

Good riddance, pal!
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Some other team's third string point guard? :-)
                  Yeah he cost us Harrison Barnes and that led to us drafting Ross and that led to us trading for the black hole aka Rudy gay

Comment

Yeah he cost us Harrison Barnes and that led to us drafting Ross and that led to us trading for the black hole aka Rudy gay
                    I must have missed the part where Harrison Barnes turned into some demi-god all star. I don't understand why everyone is so hot and heavy on him. The real crime was the previous regime passing on Andre Drummond when he fell in their laps. However, Ross is playing quite well right now, arguably better than Barnes.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      I must have missed the part where Harrison Barnes turned into some demi-god all star. I don't understand why everyone is so hot and heavy on him. The real crime was the previous regime passing on Andre Drummond when he fell in their laps. However, Ross is playing quite well right now, arguably better than Barnes.
                      It's really just because of missing out on Barnes by a pick in that draft. It's the "if only we had drafted him everything would have turned out better" mentality I think.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Its not that Harrison Barnes is a superstar, its that if we drafted him we wouldn't have to go through the Rudy gay era

Comment

Guys guys, let's put this in perspective here. All this is is sports. Sports is supposed to be fun. I boo anyone that isn't a Raptor because they don't play for the Raptors. I boo because I genuinely don't like Bargs and Carter. I know Hedo will never play in the NBA again but is he off limits too?

Not booing because you think it's strategically sound or because it doesn't fit our polite Canadian persona is kinda stupid and boring. Is it ok to boo when they're shooting freethrows?

I feel like there needs to be policy drawn up for fans on proper booing etiquette. I always get confused on when to cheer and when to boo.

Sorry I'm getting overly sarcastic but again, it's just sports man. Have fun.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Its not that Harrison Barnes is a superstar, its that if we drafted him we wouldn't have to go through the Rudy gay era
                            I don't understand. The team drafted Ross, who is a similar player to Barnes and plays the same position. I don't think the drafting of Barnes would have prevented Colangelo from trading for Rudy Gay.

Comment

If we cheered half as loud as we boo, there might be a discussion to be had.

Toronto's just making itself look like a shitty city full of haters.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
                                If we cheered half as loud as we boo, there might be a discussion to be had.

Toronto's just making itself look like a shitty city full of haters.

We have great fans and always great crowd at ACC.

Comment

Working...
                                X