Toronto Raptors Reportedly Considering New Black-and-Gold Color Scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p00ka wrote: View Post
    Black and Gold. Meh, wouldn't really move me any way. Could be cool, but doesn't have any connection to City, Province, Country, Team Name. Only connection it has is to everlasting come-and-go trends. It's trendy now, and will sell lots of jerseys, bah humbug.
    Ok, I get the city/province/country logic.....But what colour do you associate to an extinct animal that we have no real knowledge of in terms of colour? Not trying to be a dick, but really, I don't know what they could choose that's appropriate for "Raptors" in terms of colour. Anything could work.

Comment

Heres a Leak of our new uniforms and interesting enough musical theme...... Really going the extra mile with Drake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2_nogSxhvg

Comment

How about blue, white and gold? That could be pretty badass and nobody does that right now.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Ok, I get the city/province/country logic.....But what colour do you associate to an extinct animal that we have no real knowledge of in terms of colour? Not trying to be a dick, but really, I don't know what they could choose that's appropriate for "Raptors" in terms of colour. Anything could work.
          Brown? Scaly brown?
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I dont care if the run around in Green Man suit with the eyes cut out. I care if they suck. And they suck. Change that, let worry bout that, not the fucking Uniform.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
              How about blue, white and gold? That could be pretty badass and nobody does that right now.
              In the NBA, no, but all I would think about is the CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                The point isn't about somehow trying to connect colour to the team name, but that the black & gold has no connection to ANYTHING in relation to the team. Overall context, grasshopper. The colour scheme connects to NOTHING, including team name. The only thing it's connected to is a colour scheme trend that comes and goes, currently in. I don't really care all that much really, as long as whatever they choose isn't fugly. Black and gold CAN be cool, but let's face it, the scheme has zero connection to anything related to the team, and it's all about selling trendy coloured jerseys.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                  I dont care if the run around in Green Man suit with the eyes cut out. I care if they suck. And they suck. Change that, let worry bout that, not the fucking Uniform.
                  It's all about Benjamins and Bordens. A black and gold scheme in time for the 2015-16 season would be a major coup, marketing wise. Raptors apparel would fly off the shelves, no matter if the team is garbage or not.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    How about Red and Gold like the 49ers uniforms??
                    Laval University's Team is called the 'Rouge et Or' (literally translated to Red and Gold).
                    Like I said earlier in the thread, I'd be all over this colour combo. Red - Gold- Black. Killer Combo.

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                      The point isn't about somehow trying to connect colour to the team name, but that the black & gold has no connection to ANYTHING in relation to the team. Overall context, grasshopper. The colour scheme connects to NOTHING, including team name. The only thing it's connected to is a colour scheme trend that comes and goes, currently in. I don't really care all that much really, as long as whatever they choose isn't fugly. Black and gold CAN be cool, but let's face it, the scheme has zero connection to anything related to the team, and it's all about selling trendy coloured jerseys.
                      It's true. But MLSE is a money making machine, and this would be a pure cash grab. To a basketball pureist, you're right, the colours (black and gold) have no connection to the city, province, country or name/moniker wise, but making money is the name of the game here unfortunately, and there's no way MLSE would forego that. Old habits die hard.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Laval University's Team is called the 'Rouge et Or' (literally translated to Red and Gold).
                        Like I said earlier in the thread, I'd be all over this colour combo. Red - Gold- Black. Killer Combo.
                        The Toronto Black and Gold? I'm okay with it.

Comment

TBH I don't really care about the colours much, as long as they get rid of 'Raptors' on the front. Just put 'Toronto', guys, so we can get as far away from Jurassic Park as possible.
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            The Toronto Black and Gold? I'm okay with it.
                            HAHA At least then people wouldn't be able to say there's no connection between Team Name and Team Colours ...

Comment

With Black & Gold the jersey that's primarily black is easy to do and will look cool, the primarily gold one will be harder to pull off.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                                With Black & Gold the jersey that's primarily black is easy to do and will look cool, the primarily gold one will be harder to pull off.
                                It would be very college ball. I'm guessing they'd go white for the main home unis and have golds as alternates.
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X