No announcement yet.

Can't think of a superstar that fits better than Kevin Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a superstar this offseason period lebron, love, melo any one with elite talent someone who can absolutely take over a game or hit that clutch shot, as good as demar or lowery have bin they arent that player they are the perfect players to surround a superstar, when we add that player then the league will recognize the raptors cause will finally be a dominate force! Thats what all of us have wanted for far to long its time!

Comment

• Ps wouldn't Davis be a better fit? Got range (just not 3-pt), decent post game, defensive game changer, and is getting better every single day. While we're daydreaming
      @Boymusic66

Comment

• Both guys are daydreaming, but at least with Love it's highly likely he's at least going to change addresses somewhere in the near future.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
          Both guys are daydreaming, but at least with Love it's highly likely he's at least going to change addresses somewhere in the near future.
          Don't think that getting Love is daydreaming. Seems like the kind of thing that would be right in Leiweke's wheelhouse.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Don't think that getting Love is daydreaming. Seems like the kind of thing that would be right in Leiweke's wheelhouse.
            It's definitely wishful thinking. Leiweke isn't like, the world's best sports executive or anything. We know that we'll at least be in play, but all we can know is that we'll go after him.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
              It's definitely wishful thinking. Leiweke isn't like, the world's best sports executive or anything. We know that we'll at least be in play, but all we can know is that we'll go after him.
              Plus, getting him doesn't mean he stays. You can trade for the superstar, but you need to keep him to make it worth it
              @Boymusic66

Comment

I just mean that if it were to happen, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Completely in the realm of the possible. Davis, for eg, is not - there's absolutely no way this could happen. Or, say, Durant - very much Grade A wishful thinking & daydreaming, and absolutely stunning if it were to happen.

TSF wrote: View Post
                Plus, getting him doesn't mean he stays. You can trade for the superstar, but you need to keep him to make it worth it
                I'm talking about TL getting him and keeping him.
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I just mean that if it were to happen, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Completely in the realm of the possible. Davis, for eg, is not - there's absolutely no way this could happen. Or, say, Durant - very much Grade A wishful thinking & daydreaming, and absolutely stunning if it were to happen.

I'm talking about TL getting him and keeping him.
                  I agree on the relative possibility of getting each of those players. But Love is still a LONG shot. He's openly expressed wanting to live in LA. LA has a ton of cap space that year, Kobe's only around for one more year, and they'll also be going after Westbrook.

We have to hope that LA is SOOO bad that players don't believe they can turn things around - but they're still the most decorated franchise in the league, so they're REALLY going to have to be bad.
                  "Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I agree on the relative possibility of getting each of those players. But Love is still a LONG shot. He's openly expressed wanting to live in LA. LA has a ton of cap space that year, Kobe's only around for one more year, and they'll also be going after Westbrook.

We have to hope that LA is SOOO bad that players don't believe they can turn things around - but they're still the most decorated franchise in the league, so they're REALLY going to have to be bad.
                    Between Kobe's disastrously expensive contract and last year's Phil Jackson/Mike D'Antoni + Dwight Howard fiascos, this is beginning to look like a real possibility. Courtesy of Jim Buss.
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Between Kobe's disastrously expensive contract and last year's Phil Jackson/Mike D'Antoni + Dwight Howard fiascos, this is beginning to look like a real possibility. Courtesy of Jim Buss.
                      It's true. But they also have pretty cap sheets. They can reset, and I can see teaming up with Westbrook as a very attractive option for Love. We have to hope the Thunder win a championship and that Westbrook stays put.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

It's true. But they also have pretty cap sheets. They can reset, and I can see teaming up with Westbrook as a very attractive option for Love. We have to hope the Thunder win a championship and that Westbrook stays put.
                        I'm wondering, though, if this kind of mismanagement is going to be chronic, and we're watching the beginning stages of the Lakers turning into the Clippers of old.

If I were a player interested in championships, seeing what Buss has done over the past two years would give me pause.
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I'm wondering, though, if this kind of mismanagement is going to be chronic, and we're watching the beginning stages of the Lakers turning into the Clippers of old.

If I were a player interested in championships, seeing what Buss has done over the past two years would give me pause.
                          Look at me talking like I have any idea how NBA players think.
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Kevin Love would be an absolute monster under Dantoni...talking averages of 30 pts 20 rebounds and 5 assists
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Can't think of a superstar that fits better than Kevin Love

Kevin Love has blocked 24 shots this season. 24!! In 50 plus games. Me and Casey say no thank you. Put him next to JV? You must be sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Kevin Love has blocked 24 shots this season. 24!! In 50 plus games. Me and Casey say no thank you. Put him next to JV? You must be sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Blocks =/= defense.

Tyson Chandler only had 80 blocks in 2010-11 (74 games), the year the Mavericks won the championship. Dirk had 47.

To put that in perspective, Jonas is on pace for about 80 (and has regressed as a shot blocker since last year for some reason), while Love is on pace for about 40.

Comment

Working...
                                X