No announcement yet.

Can't think of a superstar that fits better than Kevin Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we're talking about superstars why not Bosh? I think he's sick of being the third 'superstar' behind the oft injured Wade. I'd take Bosh back in a heartbeat!

Imagine
    Lowry
    DD
    Ross
    Bosh
    JV (improved version)
    Amir and or PPAT off the bench. I'd support that
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      If we're talking about superstars why not Bosh? I think he's sick of being the third 'superstar' behind the oft injured Wade. I'd take Bosh back in a heartbeat!

Imagine
      Lowry
      DD
      Ross
      Bosh
      JV (improved version)
      http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...836#post299836

Check this thread out, your about to get some mixed responses. Browse back a couple pages.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• the best fit for this team is not Love...its Gordon Hayward
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Windhorst wrote an article about Carmelo on ESPN today. Indicating that Carmelo's best strategy would be to opt in for another year in NY and then test free agency in 2015.
          http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10...-contract-2014

That's coincidentally when the Raptors have cap room to sign a max contract.

Here are the list of potential free agents he mentions:
          Now, here are the list of players who have the option to be unrestricted free agents in 2015: James, Wade, Bosh, Anthony, Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo, LaMarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker, Marc Gasol, Roy Hibbert and Goran Dragic. Plus names like Randolph, Gay, Carlos Boozer, Paul Millsap, David West, DeAndre Jordan, Thaddeus Young, Arron Afflalo, Al Jefferson and Monta Ellis.
          Good time to have money

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
            If we're talking about superstars why not Bosh? I think he's sick of being the third 'superstar' behind the oft injured Wade. I'd take Bosh back in a heartbeat!

Imagine
            Lowry
            DD
            Ross
            Bosh
            JV (improved version)
            Agreed! Bosh is the best possible fit. That's why I'm praying someone beats the heat. I feel if that happen LBJ might leave. If that happens I feel Bosh will leave as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Agreed! Bosh is the best possible fit. That's why I'm praying someone beats the heat. I feel if that happen LBJ might leave. If that happens I feel Bosh will leave as well.

If you want Bosh better to get him in 2015 than 2014 otherwise we'd have to give Miami some assets to get the numbers to work in a S&T.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Love is bad defensively but so is Boozer and Chicago's had one of the best defenses in the league for the past 3-4 years. It's all about the system. I trust in a guy like Casey to develop a system that would work for Love and remember when Bargnani was a defensive stud for those 20 games in Casey's first year? Love is a hard worker and wants to win. Qualities I absolutely admire in a player.

The other thing about Love is despite his poor defense he has the 3rd best win shares in the league. That means when he's on the court good things happen. So his lack of defense is made up with his superior offensive skills.

I'd rather have Love as PF than JV as center anyway... so if the issue is fit between JV/Love then get rid of JV. You could trade him for an elite defensive big (eg, Sanders in Milwaukee).

With that all said I really don't see how Love ends up as a Raptor (I don't even see a Drake connection). If I was him I'd be looking at Houston. Playing with Howard and Harden would be a dream for a guy with his skill set. And Houston should have the cap space once Asik and Lin are off the books.
                Only thing is Chicago has Noah playing along side Boozer, and JV is nowhere close to Noah in the defensive department. Now your idea of pairing Love with a defensive big via trade of JV is intriguing. Say Chandler (somehow, someway) with Love would be crazy good. Definitely a all in move though depending on how much value you place on JV as being the future of the Raptors.

Comment

• *cough* Gordon Hayward
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    *cough* Gordon Hayward
                    Why? Tell us why you think Hayward is a good fit, and who has to go if anyone?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

There was a time I thought that LBJ might leave Miami for a team with a better supporting cast but I can't see him wanting to go through the hate he got from Clevland, all over again.

Also I don't know how good of a fit Bosh is anymore. Weren't the Raptors sort of thought of as pushovers when he was here? He doesn't bring any toughness. We need a bruiser in the post that is ready to throw down with the bully teams in the league.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        Why? Tell us why you think Hayward is a good fit, and who has to go if anyone?
                        well thank you for asking ahem...

high level two way small forward with size, excellent defensive skills, plus offensive player, high basketball IQ. He turned down a 4 year 40 million dollar extension for reasons I know not. Probably not wanting to stay with the Jazz

I see a starting lineup of Lowry, DeRozan, Hayward, 2Pat and JV as very dynamic with plenty of room to grow together since they are all between 21 and 24 it allows us to have long term sustainable success.

Ross and Amir may be a useful bargaining chip in a sign and trade...if they choose too sign and trade. Otherwise we need to find about 11 million to offer for a chance to play on a winning team

Comment

high level two way small forward with size, excellent defensive skills, plus offensive player, high basketball IQ. He turned down a 4 year 40 million dollar extension for reasons I know not. Probably not wanting to stay with the Jazz

I see a starting lineup of Lowry, DeRozan, Hayward, 2Pat and JV as very dynamic with plenty of room to grow together since they are all between 21 and 24 it allows us to have long term sustainable success.

Ross and Amir may be a useful bargaining chip in a sign and trade...if they choose too sign and trade. Otherwise we need to find about 11 million to offer for a chance to play on a winning team
                          Not a Hayward fan personally. Ross is a way better option for me going forward. Better D young cheap dynamic. I see Ross as the kind of player that will make the Raptors into a must watch team (along with winning). Being a fun team to watch and a winning team makes players want to play here. I don't see any players looking at Hayward and sayin "man, now THATS a guy I want to play with!" Ross and DeRozan in a couple years? Ya players will want to play with them.
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

the best fit for this team is not Love...its Gordon Hayward
                            Doesn't the title say "superstar"?

While Hayward and DeRozan would be almost a perfect wing-tandem in terms of fit, Hayward is not a superstar.

Comment

He probably wanted more. He did look like potentially a breakout player who could get the max if the season went well. It didn't go well, but talent is there, I think he might still get more than 10/year.

By the way, how sad is it that the Jazz had Jeff Hornacek as an assistant coach until this summer and let him leave. Look at what he's doing with the Suns. The Jazz could really use a better coach.

Comment

• It's a funny problem: we're actually in better shape than one might think. Let's look by position:

1. Point Guard: if Lowry keeps playing the way he has, hardly anyone beyond Chris Paul is an upgrade. So why chase Rondo?

2. Center: while many people (Noah, Chandler, Drummond, etc) would be an upgrade today, that means writing off Valanciunas, who many people have hope for. So it is questionable if we want to go after Marc Gasol or Roy Hibbert.

3. Power Forward: historically this is a position of strength for us. A Kevin Love is still a clear upgrade over an Amir + PP. A Bosh, not really, especially as he ages. So if we can get Love we take him, and we're fixing what isn't broken.

4. Shooting Guard: we have two decent ones in Ross and DeRozan (DD is really a SG playing SF), and Ross especially has growth potential. Yes, a Dwayne Wade (or Harden or even a Lance Stephenson) would be an upgrade, and given age and injuries is it what we want? And will this really push us over the edge?

5. Small Forward: this is our area of biggest need. And it's also where the two biggest talents in Lebron and Durant. Either of them are transformational for our club. DD becomes most dispensable then ... having a '3 and D' player in Ross fits better with either than the 'B-star' (compared to these A-stars) DeRozan.

So I'd say we have a short list of two to really go after, of whom Durant is far and away the best cultural fit with our team.

Comment

Working...
                                X