Can't think of a superstar that fits better than Kevin Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    So basically the year we become good boston constructs a big three the very next. We'll this looks a lot like 2007
    LOL history repeats itself.. again!

Man, Boston would look good with Melo and Love in their lineup.

Rondo, Mayo, Carmelo, Love, Sullinger(if they retain him)
    Bradley(if retained), Green(if retained), Bass(if retained), Humphries, Pressey, Olynk,draft picks

I put Mayo in at the 2 spot because he would be a great fit for the Celtics. They could send some picks or an asset or two to the Bucks for Mayo(who fell out of the Bucks rotation by the end of last season). A 3 and D guy alongside Melo would help stretch the floor for Sully and Love in the post.

Phil Pressey is the future of the Boston Celtics at the PG spot.

Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Tue Jun 3, 2014, 03:54 PM.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
      Phil Pressey is the future of the Boston Celtics at the PG spot.
      Or he could be the Ben uzoh of the celtics, costing them a spot in the draft XD
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• The boston big three 2.0 (garnett, pierce, allen) were also a PERFECT fit. The defensive anchor big man who can score. The crafty, efficient volume scorer, and the quick, disciplined sniper. Like, perfect.

Melo, Love have some duplication of talent and are both severely deficient on the defensive end.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          Various rumor sites at this point are reporting that Love-to-Boston is basically a done deal already, and that the point of Love publicly hanging out with Rondo last week was to indicate to free agents that Boston is already done rebuilding. And by "free agents", we probably mean "Carmelo." A potential big three of Love/Melo/Rondo is pretty goddamn terrifying.
          Interesting.

That "big 3" does not scare me as previous Boston Big 3+1. I dont' see Rondo aging well; Love can't carry a team on his own; Melo needs the ball - A LOT.... and so does Rondo. But I could be really wrong too.

If I was Raptors I'd consider facilitating the cap space needed to do it with a trade of Wallace and/or Green along with a boat load of picks.

Boston might be good for a couple of years but, assuming Masai and Co. drafted well, in 2-3 seasons Raps would be on top of the world for years to come (and they'd be major free agent players).

Comment

• Honestly, if I were Boston I would offer to take Lin and Asik off their hands for, oh, say Jeff Green. Or spare parts, given that Houston really just wants them gone at this point so THEY can chase Melo.

A starting five of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Love and Asik with Lin as the sixth man is pretty damn good.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              Honestly, if I were Boston I would offer to take Lin and Asik off their hands for, oh, say Jeff Green. Or spare parts, given that Houston really just wants them gone at this point so THEY can chase Melo.

A starting five of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Love and Asik with Lin as the sixth man is pretty damn good.
              Assume you mean Melo here, unless you planned on cloning Jeff Green before trading him to Houston lol. :P

Comment

• Nah, that was the spare-parts trade where Boston doesn't go after Melo.

Also note:

There is absolutely no reason to do this - UNLESS they've decided they want to use Parsons as trade bait. Sign-and-trading for Melo is the obvious option here: if Melo is leaving New York, getting Parsons (a total starfucker who wants to play in a major media market and would love New York) back is not the worst option in the world. They could also use Parsons for a Kevin Love deal but that seems way less likely, unless maybe they send Parsons to Boston with Lin/Asik so Boston sends a zillion draft picks to Minnesota and Minnesota sends Houston Kevin Love.

This offseason is going to be crazy, isn't it?

Comment

• If they decline Parsons option now, he's a RFA, and they can match.

If they pick it up, he's a UFA next year.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• A sign and trade is an interesting idea. Maybe. Surely the Wolves would rather have Parsons re-signed right away as opposed to wait for next summer and see him become unrestricted.

The Rockets could also expect to clear salary (Asik/Lin) and target someone like Lowry, then re-sign Parsons. They show a lot of good faith by giving him a raise, I suspect he wouldn't mind to wait a little bit for them to sign another piece.

Either way, Les Alexander (their owner) has been saying they would add a major piece this summer. So it will be very interesting.

Comment

• What would it take to get Kevin Love? Would we be in the running?

At this point, Love wants out of Wolves and even with Flip Saunders coaching them next season, he has made up his mind.
                      The teams that are reported to being after him are:

Boston
                      Bulls
                      Lakers
                      Rockets (have picks + parsons S&T)

However, I think we should pull a Love trade.
                      He's a go to guy, and fills up a lot of holes in this team.

We have a lot of good assets that could make things interesting.

1) Our own picks for this year, next year
                      2) The Knicks 2016 pick. This one will be a hot commodity since Knicks will probably be mediocre for a while, esp with Carmelo probably leaving.
                      3) Derozan on a great contract. He's essentially the 3rd best SG in the league on a $9 million contract
                      4) Salary relief. Salmons is partially guaranteed.
                      5) Amir Johnson is a good PF with the best FG% in the league as a finisher.

So essentially, a realistic trade would be:

Derozan, 2014 pick, Knicks 2016 pick, Amir Johnson + maybe John salmons for Kevin Love & Chase Budinger (arguably one of their worst contracts)

This leaves us with a roster of:

Lowry
                      Ross
                      ??? (Fields????)
                      Love
                      Big V

Comment

• The Knicks pick is the worse of theirs or the Nuggets pick. So it'll probably be valued as a mid-first rounder at best.

Wolves are apparently turning their noses up at the Celtics offer of 6/17+young player etc and prefer some package from the Bulls, which will have worse picks but better established players, most likely Butler/Gibson and maybe Mirotic.

Given that Love will want to be assured of some solid teammates, trading our only allstar in a deal for him means he likely won't extend, which renders the whole thing pretty dead I think. It would probably take Val to a third party to get a deal done.

Comment

• Not really, because Lowry has probably had a better season imo than Derozan and is certaintly more consistent than Derozan.

Moreover, we have Val and Ross developing plus a ton of cap space with Fields, Hayes expiring. That will probably get us a really good impact player @ SF.

Derozan is a pretty established player with upside as an all-star. It's better than Gibson, who's like 29 already. Remember the last superstar from Europe? Mirza Telotovic. He's a good player, but despite being all that in Europe, he's like a bench player guy here. So keep that in mind

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
                            Not really, because Lowry has probably had a better season imo than Derozan and is certaintly more consistent than Derozan.

Moreover, we have Val and Ross developing plus a ton of cap space with Fields, Hayes expiring. That will probably get us a really good impact player @ SF.

Derozan is a pretty established player with upside as an all-star. It's better than Gibson, who's like 29 already. Remember the last superstar from Europe? Mirza Telotovic. He's a good player, but despite being all that in Europe, he's like a bench player guy here. So keep that in mind
                            You don't average 22.7 4.5 4.0 by being inconsistent.
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
                              Not really, because Lowry has probably had a better season imo than Derozan and is certaintly more consistent than Derozan.

Try explaining that to Kevin Love. Do you think he's going to want to risk the middle of his career to play on a team that traded away its only all-star, after losing in the first round of the decrepit Eastern Conference?

If we can't convince him to re-sign then we won't be able to outbid the Sacramento Kings, who are willing to risk the boat on Gay Love Cousins.

Comment

• I think what some people don't realize is that despite your analytics/stats/dislike of DeRozan or whatever it is.

Players and coaches (hell even most of the media) hold him in higher regard than Lowry. Period.

Comment

Working...
                                X