Can't think of a superstar that fits better than Kevin Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf are you guys smoking
    kevin love is only a year older than derozan so you cant say any potential bullshit when love has potential to grow too

we are talking about trading a guy that's not really a #1 option yet and a first time all star + picks in the 20s that will probably be good bench players for a bonafide star. 26 points, 12 boards, 4 assists while being a better 3 point shooter than Derozan.

We have good management in MLSE that are willing to break the bank, and our market is not that bad.
    Plus, with the way the east is, we could probably be the 3rd-4th seed, if not better depending on:

-Lance Stephenson leaving
    -Big 3 breaking up
    -Brooklyn Nets next season (who retires, Livingson/blatche leaving, age)

you talk about outbidding the kings, but does love want to go to an even worse underachiever in a lesser market with problems?
    Last edited by 2kfeen; Thu Jun 5, 2014, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• I think it's a little more complex than just trading DeRozan + Picks + whatever for Love.

Normally in a deal like that I'd say you have to make it because you're exchanging an all-star for a superstar, which is a no-brainer move.

The issue here is Love can walk in 12 months. I only do that deal if there's some sort of handshake/verbal agreement or something that guarantees he will re-sign. Because if he walks we will have fucked ourselves.

Comment

• Flip Saunders said 16 teams have called him about love? Could Toronto be one

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
          Flip Saunders said 16 teams have called him about love? Could Toronto be one

The odds are better than 50/50

Comment

• 2kfeen wrote: View Post
            wtf are you guys smoking
            kevin love is only a year older than derozan so you cant say any potential bullshit when love has potential to grow too

we are talking about trading a guy that's not really a #1 option yet and a first time all star + picks in the 20s that will probably be good bench players for a bonafide star. 26 points, 12 boards, 4 assists while being a better 3 point shooter than Derozan.

We have good management in MLSE that are willing to break the bank, and our market is not that bad.
            Plus, with the way the east is, we could probably be the 3rd-4th seed, if not better depending on:

-Lance Stephenson leaving
            -Big 3 breaking up
            -Brooklyn Nets next season (who retires, Livingson/blatche leaving, age)

you talk about outbidding the kings, but does love want to go to an even worse underachiever in a lesser market with problems?
            Kings are willing to make a deal without assurances of an extension. That's probably not the case with us.

I am okay with trading Derozan plus picks for Love, but not if he doesn't promise to extend immediately.

I've been pounding the table for Love for a while now, but now that there's a bidding war I'm resigned to the fact that we probably don't have a shot.

Comment

• Cavs are trading for Kevin Love.. if I was them I'd trade Kyrie + assets for Love,
              Then trade the #1 pick for players to surround Love

Comment

Cavs are trading for Kevin Love.. if I was them I'd trade Kyrie + assets for Love,

Rubio + Kyrie could be a pretty fun pairing.

But I think that they can probably get Love for less.

Comment

• I don't really understand this idea of DeRozan not being consistent. Not consistent with what?

His job is to score. He scored 20+ points in 49 games this season. In almost all the games where he didn't score 20 points, he was in the mid-to-high teens. He had one game all year where he wasn't in double digits (that 2-15 dud against Indiana in game 6).

Comment

Cavs are trading for Kevin Love.. if I was them I'd trade Kyrie + assets for Love,

And guarantee that you lose Love in the offseason, smart.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                      And guarantee that you lose Love in the offseason, smart.
                      What? I was talking about the Cavs, who are TRYING to trade for him.

Comment

What? I was talking about the Cavs, who are TRYING to trade for him.

I know that. That trade would basically guarantee that the Cavs lose Love in the offseason.

Comment

• I really don't see how Kevin Love would actually make this team better. This reeks of the whole "Melo will make the Knicks into a contender" thing. People looking at stats and star power instead of actual facts.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                            I really don't see how Kevin Love would actually make this team better. This reeks of the whole "Melo will make the Knicks into a contender" thing. People looking at stats and star power instead of actual facts.
                            You'd have to get him in free agency. No way you send out key pieces of current core and team becomes a contender.

You're exactly right on Melo. Knicks gave up too much and had no way to improve.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              You'd have to get him in free agency. No way you send out key pieces of current core and team becomes a contender.

You're exactly right on Melo. Knicks gave up too much and had no way to improve.
                              Still, if they didn't screw up with Billups... if they kept that amnesty and used it on Amar'e... They could've built a contender. Instead they picked up Billups team option, then amnestied him a few months later and were stuck with Amar'e monster of a contract.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                                Still, if they didn't screw up with Billups... if they kept that amnesty and used it on Amar'e... They could've built a contender. Instead they picked up Billups team option, then amnestied him a few months later and were stuck with Amar'e monster of a contract.
                                Riiiight.

I forgot about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X