Can't think of a superstar that fits better than Kevin Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    I would not trade Love for Amir and two first round picks.. that's a fleece for Minnesota in my opinion. Amir is not a super star but he's a *very* good player, and only 26 years old.

The best way to get Love is for Drake/MU/TL to go over to his house and sing the praises over what they are doing in Toronto.. highlighting the 2016 All-star game and explaining how he could be the king of basketball in Canada. He might listen and decide to come over as a free agent.
    Well no kidding... I was just talking about if we were to trade for him.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
      Is this what passes as outside the box thinking now? Putting your fingers in your ears and saying you don't care what others have to say if they aren't giving your idea a standing ovation? Saying you'd like a certain player on your team without giving up players A,B,C and D, admitting that you have no idea how the trade would happen, and then throwing a fit when other people speak up and say that it's probably not realistic?

If that's the case, be on the lookout for my "Lebron would fit well at SF" thread. I'm proposing a swap of Amir, Salmons and the Knicks pick in 2016 for LBJ. You'll love it!
      Ok.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        I would not trade Love for Amir and two first round picks.. that's a fleece for Minnesota in my opinion. Amir is not a super star but he's a *very* good player, and only 26 years old.

The best way to get Love is for Drake/MU/TL to go over to his house and sing the praises over what they are doing in Toronto.. highlighting the 2016 All-star game and explaining how he could be the king of basketball in Canada. He might listen and decide to come over as a free agent.
        No, it's not. Love is miles ahead of Amir. Sure, Amir is only 26, but he's been in the league a long time..You don't even really know if he's going to be anything outside Toronto. Their have been countless players who have had good years here and left and never returned to how they were here.

Love is a bonafide superstar. If you're going to trade Derozan or Amir, you do it for that guy. Sometimes you have to move guys you like for what will make the team better for longer.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Keep dreaming.

Comment

LeBron / Durant fit pretty well. Get er done.

Comment

Not a fan of Melo, but he maybe the only elite player that could potentially be available in a trade.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                Not a fan of Melo, but he maybe the only elite player that could potentially be available in a trade.
                I would not be a happy camper at all if we traded for Melo.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

After tonight, my focus is upon Lebron again... and I know he'd rather be in toronto

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                    I would not be a happy camper at all if we traded for Melo.
                    I may actually have to stop cheering for the team....

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                      No, it's not. Love is miles ahead of Amir. Sure, Amir is only 26, but he's been in the league a long time..You don't even really know if he's going to be anything outside Toronto. Their have been countless players who have had good years here and left and never returned to how they were here.

Love is a bonafide superstar. If you're going to trade Derozan or Amir, you do it for that guy. Sometimes you have to move guys you like for what will make the team better for longer.
                      Obviously Love is more productive, but....

Amir consistently makes his team better, even though he's really a glue type guy in role.

Love consistently hasn't so far, despite putting up absurd numbers in multiple seasons.

If we're going to go after a guy who produces at superstar levels, can it be someone who actually pushes the win numbers up?

Comment

absolutely no way I want him on this team! ISO ball once again
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Yeah it would mean reverting to ISO ball. But just for conversation sake, Melo would be an exceptional scorer on a what is shaping up to be a very good Raptors defensive team. Say you move DeMar in a trade for Melo:

Lowry
                          Ross
                          Melo
                          Amir
                          JV

Comment

Yeah it would mean reverting to ISO ball. But just for conversation sake, Melo would be an exceptional scorer on a what is shaping up to be a very good Raptors defensive team. Say you move DeMar in a trade for Melo:

Lowry
                            Ross
                            Melo
                            Amir
                            JV
                            IF Melo buys into team play and moving the ball, that's a really good team.

But still wouldn't be able to beat Indiana or Miami in a series.

Comment

Nosike wrote: View Post
                              IF Melo buys into team play and moving the ball, that's a really good team.

But still wouldn't be able to beat Indiana or Miami in a series.
                              That's a giant "IF". I can't think of something more unlikely (that's remotely within the realm of reality).

If I had to choose which is more likely between:

-Within my life we will colonize Mars

and

-Carmelo Anthony will buy into team basketball on both ends

I'd probably have to choose the first....every time. I could be wrong, but that's just how unlikely I see the 2nd option. Probably neither happens...but yeah, still would pick the 1st.

Comment

Revolving door defense he'll fit right in

Comment

Working...
                                X