Should Casey get extended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    I see this playoffs as what Casey was brought in for. He was sold to us a as coach who can win in the playoffs. Everyone is writing us off in the first round. This is where his often quoted "I know what it takes to win in this league" comes into effect. I think it is unfair to show the improvement from his previous two seasons and then say this years' was all Ujiri. I think since the trade the coach has, for the first time, had a less flawed roster. If we win this series or take it to seven I think Casey has done a good job and the learning cycle and program growth is going well.
    If we get swept I would look elsewhere.

Comment

who are the 32 that voted yes? looks like i need to add 32 more to my ignore list.

Comment

Steven on the Celtics, Brown on the 76ers, Drew on the Bucks could have led this roster to the playoffs. Until Casey wins a game in the playoff he hasn't done anything. Regular season Coaches doing matter much but in the playoffs they are important.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Steven on the Celtics, Brown on the 76ers, Drew on the Bucks could have led this roster to the playoffs. Until Casey wins a game in the playoff he hasn't done anything. Regular season Coaches doing matter much but in the playoffs they are important.

Steven is a solid coach he would do well with this roster, he led the shitty celtics to third place when we had gay then they started losing intentionally. and Drew has made it to second round a couple times with Atlanta

What are u saying
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Casey hasn't done anything. Regular season wins are about Roster strength and depth. Casey has to win playoff games.

Comment

I was wavering based on his regular season success (at the start of the year I was very down on him). The first playoff game against the Nets was a coaching abomination. He'd better have some nice tricks up his sleeve for the rest of this series.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                I was wavering based on his regular season success (at the start of the year I was very down on him). The first playoff game against the Nets was a coaching abomination. He'd better have some nice tricks up his sleeve for the rest of this series.
                Do you think it has approached the exact moment where, the man, the animal, god himself, is to be released. BRING IN LANDRY FIELDS. It's time brother
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  Do you think it has approached the exact moment where, the man, the animal, god himself, is to be released. BRING IN LANDRY FIELDS. It's time brother
                  That moment was two months ago. Might be too late now we're in the playoffs.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    That moment was two months ago. Might be too late now we're in the playoffs.
                    A lot of things are too late now. Last month someone told me Val didn't need touches because Casey was keeping him fresh for the playoffs. Instead we gave a ton of jumpshots to everyone else.

Well now you want to ramp up his usage to take advantage of the size mismatch... of course he's going to fumble the ball when he doesn't have the necessary in-game experience.

Let's see what adjustments Casey makes now. I expect him to panic very soon and turn the games over to the vets.

Comment

He has got to show he can push the right buttons and make adjustments just not game to game but within game. We could lose the series but he has to show change in personnel and tactic. This team we hope is now going to be a playoff team going forward and we need a coach who does not freeze or be flexible.

Comment

I definitely think he made the right adjustments last night.

Anyone else notice that Salmons and Hayes, our two oldest veterans, didn't get a single minute of burn?

Not to mention all the other changes.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I see only 2 scenarios for Casey not being back.

1) He decides to go elsewhere.

2) There is a Lionel Hollins type rift between him and the FO.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            I see only 2 scenarios for Casey not being back.

1) He decides to go elsewhere.

2) There is a Lionel Hollins type rift between him and the FO.
                            If we lose the Brooklyn series I think he's gone. The only way we lose is being out coached. There will also be a lot of good coaches available in the offseason. Lionel Hollins is a great example. Masai needs to bring in his own guy, but might be forced to keep Casey around if we go to the 2nd round and look ok against Miami.

Comment

Only problem is no real candidates on the Horizon. Maybe Ollie but its a gamble

Comment

Even if we lose in 7, it wouldn't surprise me to see Casey back.

I'm not saying I want him back, but I could see Masai being impressed with the strides made since December (in addition to the few COY votes).

And although intangible, the players listen to him, and play hard for him. They respect him.

Comment

Working...
                                X