No announcement yet.

Game #40: Toronto Raptors 95 - Charlotte Bobcats 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's still time to lose enough games/trade players to end up with a top 10 pick and nab Wiggins with his value dropping off a bit, right?
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Perhaps its time to consider putting Patterson in as a starter over Amir?
      I love Amir....but i think its time. We need to try something and maybe it will light a fire under him. Also, if he's injured, he may get a chance to play against lesser talent.

Comment

• The real story here is, the Raps frontcourt got schooled AGAIN by the opposing teams frontcourt. JV is just a stiff defensively, and offensively he's a big time mess. And Amir is just too non chalant offensively and defensively. I'd love to see Hayes and PP start next game.

Also, the Raps need to STOP going to DeRozan late in the game. 2 things always happens when DD gets the ball on an iso late in the game. He either loses the ball(happened twice today) or he takes a bad shot(happened multiple times yesteday). Give the ball to your BEST player. Kyle Lowry.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
          I get that.....I'm just wondering who's going to state how CRAPPY JV, Amir and TR were today. Just garbage.....I need to go wash my hands....13%!?? How can we win with 3 of our starters putting up these kinds of numbers?
          The lack of frontcourt depth and pathetic rotations (playing 10-12 min stretches) is starting to wear them down, no doubt. Johnson has disappeared for the past 15 games, after a run of 9 great games in a row. They both look gassed and the lack of perimeter defense hasn't helped either, since they're forced to exert so much energy on the defensive side.

Comment

• could be at 23-17 easily right now.

this is exactly like last years playoff push where we started winning a stretch of games and could have made it into 8th seed if we had played that 'easy' stretch beginning with that milwaukee game and actually won shit. but no, instead we go on a losing streak. once again, when things start to matter, the raptors fuck it up.

Comment

• money making tip. next time raptors play against a statistically bad team, BET AGAINST THE RAPTORS

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                The real story here is, the Raps frontcourt got schooled AGAIN by the opposing teams frontcourt. JV is just a stiff defensively, and offensively he's a big time mess. And Amir is just too non chalant offensively and defensively. I'd love to see Hayes and PP start next game.

Also, the Raps need to STOP going to DeRozan late in the game. 2 things always happens when DD gets the ball on an iso late in the game. He either loses the ball(happened twice today) or he takes a bad shot(happened multiple times yesteday). Give the ball to your BEST player. Kyle Lowry.
                You mean the guy who also shot worse than Demar today?? Kyle also missed a free throw that would've tied the game at 93. The problem in my opinion is that DD gets doubled/attention of the defence as per usual and he still thinks he can make that shot. There isn't a clear number 1 option on this team and Demar is the closest, so you kinda have to live with it. Practice makes perfect? lol

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  could be at 23-17 easily right now.

this is exactly like last years playoff push where we started winning a stretch of games and could have made it into 8th seed if we had played that 'easy' stretch beginning with that milwaukee game and actually won shit. but no, instead we go on a losing streak. once again, when things start to matter, the raptors fuck it up.
                  What? Reading this board the last couple weeks I thought that they were a guaranteed third seed?

Wait, there is still half a season to go? oh..............

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    What? Reading this board the last couple weeks I thought that they were a guaranteed third seed?

Wait, there is still half a season to go? oh..............
                    i've been driving this point any time i can. theres still a huge chunk of season left and theres no way we're gonna sustain a 71% winning rate since the gay trade like some people actually believe.

yet somehow i was mocked for not 'being a fan' and etc etc etc.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Casey is very stubborn when he gets something in his head. Remember the stretch where they were forcing the ball to John Salmons late? There was a 3 or 4 game span where they were running like 20 seconds off the clock just to get the ball to Salmons even when he couldn't even get open. It was crazy.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                        You mean the guy who also shot worse than Demar today?? Kyle also missed a free throw that would've tied the game at 93. The problem in my opinion is that DD gets doubled/attention of the defence as per usual and he still thinks he can make that shot. There isn't a clear number 1 option on this team and Demar is the closest, so you kinda have to live with it. Practice makes perfect? lol
                        No, you don't. You can retool or rebuild, to have a better team overall, going forward.
                        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Jan 20, 2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• I missed most of the game but caught the end. Once again, Toronto shot 29 threes, but only made 10. I wonder how many layups or post shots they attempted? On the plus side, they did out-rebound the Bobcats by a significant margin.

Comment

• When Raps were running Charlotte into the ground the first points they scored on the Raptors run was Al Jeff freethrows on a bailout call on Kyle guarding him never left his feet just had a hand up and contested. Al got a call.. for what? I dont know.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              No, you don't. You can retool or rebuild, to have a better team overall, going forward.
                              No matter what strategy you choose....We need to get better players in here! Wait....did you mean better in 3-4 years?

I was actually talking about the here and now. See what a guy like Al Jefferson can do inside?? We don't have a post player on this team (unless you want to call JV or even DD one).....maybe we can "re-tool" and get a post player.

Comment

• The Nets are on a roll now. The Raps right now w/ the team that they have is destined to be in no man's land comes season's end. You just can't lose to teams like the Celtics, LAL and Bobcats.
                                Last edited by The Great One; Mon Jan 20, 2014, 06:18 PM.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X