Game #42: Toronto Raptors 104 - Philadelphia 76ers 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    I believe that's three of the last four games JV hasn't played in fourth quarter. This could be managed better. JV's confidence as a second year player and a cornerstone of our future concerns me.
    He's averaging around 20 minutes a game the last six games. Yeah it's hard to see those young player mistakes but it's so important for his/our long term success.

Comment

• This is the same garbage ball they played last year. You get up with the second unit and then he rides them with a mix of Demar and other starter. Had to put up with AA last year, now its Salmons and Vasquez. Its just better personnel but this wont work against real teams. Have fun using this against PHI. I would rather help develop Ross.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        I want jv to play as much as anyone but don't forget we've got the clippers tomorrow night. If you don't need him, let him rest for that.
        ....same for Ross.
        Let's see tomorrow. If no JV in fourth that could be 4 of 5 games. For me that is a huge area of concern.

Comment

• I don't know if dd needed 40+ minutes tonight

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
            Interesting possibles in New Orleans:

Rook/Sophomore game - Terrence Ross and Jonas Valanciunas.
            Three-Point Contest - Terrence Ross.
            Dunk Contest - Terrence Ross.
            All-Star Game: Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan.
            Ross would suck in three-point contest..

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              I don't know if dd needed 40+ minutes tonight
              Casey was too busy tightly managing JV and TRoss's minutes to notice I guess.

Comment

• Casey isn't going to play the young guys unless their having a career night ! As much as he preaches growth its a contract year for him as well and getting wins matters more for him (Which is bad for the franchise right now)
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Glad the Raps pulled out the W.

In other news, Carmelo Anthony has 60 points!! :O

Edit: 62 points and still going!
                  Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Fri Jan 24, 2014, 10:41 PM.
                  I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                  -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
                    Casey was too busy tightly managing JV and TRoss's minutes to notice I guess.
                    Lol

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                      Glad the Raps pulled out the W.

In other news, Carmelo Anthony has 60 points!! :O

Edit: 62, and still going
                      This is bad. With Barney injured, the Knicks will actually play well!

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                        Casey isn't going to play the young guys unless their having a career night ! As much as he preaches growth its a contract year for him as well and getting wins matters more for him (Which is bad for the franchise right now)
                        But why do TR and JV have shorter leash than Chuck Hayes or Grevais Vasqeuz ?

Comment

• What's the problem here? people here whining about JV's mins again? did you guys watch the game? the Raptors are SO MUCH BETTER defensively when Hayes and PP are on the floor.

Valanciunas is just a mess defensively. He's so slow. He gets pushed around all the time. And offensively he needs to toughen up. Can't really blame Casey for benching JV again tonight. If JV continues to play like this i'd love to see more Chuck Hayes.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think Melo's rampage is over. 62 points and a new team record for points scored in a single game
                            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                              I think Melo's rampage is over. 62 points and a new team record for points scored in a single game
                              Yeah he's off the court, looks like 62 it is.

Comment

• JV made Spencer Hawes Look Like Shaq with a 3pt shot tonight.... he can sit.

Comment

Working...
                                X