Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Star Reserves - Congratulations DeMar DeRozan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Did you write this from the future?
    i have a source, we'll leave it at that.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      At the time of this post, there's 56% of those who voted that believe in Kyle + Demar will be called in as reserves. Safe to assume that the same 56% believe in unicorns, but I digress. I voted for Kyle.

Having said that, I prefer that Kyle not make it for the following reasons:

1. Angry (chip on my shoulder) Kyle = Good Kyle Lowry for the rest of the season + playoffs.
      2. Cheaper on the new contract negotiations. All Star nod may add a mil or two per year. That could be costly.
      3. Trading an all-star a week later doesn't look good on the franchise optically (now + in the near future when attracting free agents).
      4. If Demar makes it, he is easier to move (in the off-season) given his All-Star status and the suddenly "bargain" contract that he's on.
      5. Angry Lowry = Good Lowry
      I've been a little sad about the prospects of Lowry not making the allstar team, because he totally deserves it as the raptors best and most influential player, but this is a nice positive spin on things. He would also get some much needed rest!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        I don't believe in secret sources since Twitter was invented.

Comment

@ZachLowe_NBA One Eastern Conference guard has a higher PER than Kyle Lowry, and that player (Wade) has missed 13 games. (Yes, I'm preparing my snub rant)

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

Comment

I mentioned the same thing about Ross w/r/t the rookie/soph game, but...

Imagine the tear K-Low goes on if he gets snubbed from the ASG? He might average a triple-double for the rest of the year.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post

Imagine the tear K-Low goes on if he gets snubbed from the ASG? He might average a triple-double for the rest of the year.
                well he has a backup plan...

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post

I was thinking the same thing. A mad Lowry is an extremely productive Lowry.

Comment

Comment

Hope DeRo and Raps fans aren't disappointed.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

I've always had this sense Derozan thinks he's better than he really is. He seems himself as a Wade or Kobe Jr. almost, like a LEAD guy. And that's fine, but Lowry has a way better grasp of his place and the media's view of his place in the NBA.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Word on the street is DD in K Low out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I've always had this sense Derozan thinks he's better than he really is. He seems himself as a Wade or Kobe Jr. almost, like a LEAD guy. And that's fine, but Lowry has a way better grasp of his place and the media's view of his place in the NBA.
                            Agreed. It happened because the TO hype machine needed someone after Bosh left.

I like the way JV's been handled. Not thrust into too large a roll, held accountable, but still given time to develop.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Which street?

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Where did you hear this!?
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X