Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-Star Reserves - Congratulations DeMar DeRozan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting nervous; as long as one Raptor makes it, I'm happy, but if not a single Raptor makes it (very possible, I hate how the Raptors are quite "disrespected") I'll be upset, like, ranting to every single person and on every social media upset.

I will say this; Lowry deserves it, but I hope DeRozan makes it. Lowry deserves it because of his impact to this team. Matt52 posted somewhere (either this thread or another) that if Lowry leaves this team, it'll have the same affect as LeBron left Cleveland. But, I want DeRozan to make it due to his loyalty to this team, city, and organization and the disappointment he's had to go through as a player here.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      The Lowry thing is a bit tougher. The heart wants him to go and have 40% of our starting lineup in the game. The head says that when it comes to negotiating at the end of the year, "all star" will be like a 10% tax or it might peak the interest of some other team that never watched Toronto play.
      I'm not sure that there's any team with such terrible scouting that an all-star selection would sway them one way or another, talent-wise. Every team that thinks they'll be in the market for a free agent PG this offseason and has cap space to spare is probably already compiling a library of footage of Lowry and other UFA PG candidates.
      On the other hand, if a team feels that they need to 'sell' the fan-base on the direction of the team, acquiring an all-star does have some value, (though only so much, because he probably by default gets the 'best PG on the market' tag, with or without the all-star selection). But teams in that situation tend to be teams that are either already in a crappy position or are going through a bad offseason and looking to make a desperation move... are those situations Lowry wants to go to?

Comment

Have to keep in mind All Star voting for reserves ended last weekend. Can't take into consideration Lowry's recent performances.
        Quick and nutritious, simple delicious...

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          lol.

so tell me then what DeMar provides besides scoring?
          Seriously? Or is this a smart ass comment? That smile makes it hard to tell ...

Demar has absolutely proven that he brings more to the table than just scoring now, with his passing and rebounding showing a marked and consistent improvement over the last couple of months.

Its really unfortunate and sad that people feel they need to shit on one guy to make their point about another.
          Last edited by Joey; Thu Jan 30, 2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna put up my reserve opinions:

Back-court: Wall, Stephenson, DeRozan
            Front-Court: Bosh, Hibbert
            Wild-Card: Lowry, Millsap/Noah
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Seriously? Or is this a smart ass comment? That smile makes it hard to tell ...

Demar has absolutely proven that he brings more to the table than just scoring now, with his passing and rebounding showing a marked and consistent improvement over the last couple of months.

Its really unfortunately and sad that people feel they need to shit on one guy to make their point about another.
              I'm not shitting on anyone. Before you judge me/us look at yourself first. #youravatar

All I wanted to hear is salmon's thoughts about "many more positives".

/out

Comment

http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/

DeRozan #9 This week, and Lowry was on the list last week!
                They should both be All-Stars!

Comment

Anyone know where we can watch watch the revealing from? I know its on TNT but is there a link anyone has?

Comment

Akkerman wrote: View Post
                    Anyone know where we can watch watch the revealing from? I know its on TNT but is there a link anyone has?
                    I'm guessing NBA.com and/or their all-star game microsite, and definitely the official all-star game twitter account (same one that released the rising star selections yesterday). Also, I seem to recall The Score covering the TNT broadcast in the past, when they announced this sort of thing (that's just a guess).

Comment

• salmon wrote:
                      lol, well now, doesn't that make a guy feel special. Joey's points not good enough for you? Wait right there and I'll get back to you, when I figure out how to dumb myself down for someone with a special goal for the day, lol.
                      I couldn't agree more with Joey. DeMar is great player, more importantly he's showing improvement, you can't ask for more at this moment, right?

I just disagree with your point that DeMar provides 'many more positives' to this team. He's good, but not that good.

Comment

• Akkerman wrote: View Post
                        http://www.stream2video.tv/countries/united-states/tnt

or just follow all stars twitter account.

Comment

• If I was picking EC reserves, then Lowry, Wall, Hibbert, Bosh and Millsap would definitely be on.

The last 2 spots would come down to DeRozan, Stephenson, Afflalo and Noah. I think I'd probably go with DeRozan and Stephenson.

That would make the 7 reserves: 1 C, 2 PF, 2 wings, 2 PG.

Miami - 3
                          Indy - 3
                          Toronto - 2
                          Others voted - 2 (Cleveland & NY)
                          Others chosen - 2 (Atlanta & Washington)

The only reason I could see Noah named to the team is politics, ensuring that Chicago (a large market and only top-6 EC team without a representative) was represented. If that was the case, I could see them cutting a Toronto player instead of an Indy player (Stephenson), to ensure that Indy still has more representation than Toronto (since Miami & Indy are clearly the EC's elite teams). I suppose another reason could be the fact that the 5 voted in players include 4 wings, in which case extra bigs might get chosen by the coaches.
                          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jan 30, 2014, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            I couldn't agree more with Joey. DeMar is great player, more importantly he's showing improvement, you can't ask for more at this moment, right?

I just disagree with your point that DeMar provides 'many more positives' to this team. He's good, but not that good.
                            So you disagree that Demar has averaged 4.5 assists per game since Rudy? Or you disagree that that is "positive"? I don't understand.

Or is it that you disagree that he's averaging 4.5 rebounds per game (over 5 since the Rudy trade)? Or again, do you disagree that 5 rebounds per game for a SG is a positive for our team?

So confused.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Before you judge me/us look at yourself first. #youravatar
                              I'm not judging anyone... just calling it as I see it.. you implying Derozan does nothing but score is doing him a huge disservice.. in my opinion.

And what does my avatar have to do with anything?
                              You leave Leo out of this. Lol
                              Last edited by Joey; Thu Jan 30, 2014, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Ah, Twitter St. That's at the intersection of Get The F*ck Out Ave. and Buy A Map Blvd.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X