Trade Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    That would destroy chemistry and clog up the sg position. Forget the fact that Vasquez is not a starter on any self respecting team Clay, DD and Ross play the same position. Unless Barnes plays the 4, he gets less play time in this scenario. His struggles are likely tied to play time -- so the Raps should create a situation which makes his struggles worse? (sarcasm)
    It would be about asset accumulation with eyes on larger prizes.

Legit NBA players on rookie contracts are very valuable.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      That would destroy chemistry and clog up the sg position. Forget the fact that Vasquez is not a starter on any self respecting team Clay, DD and Ross play the same position. Unless Barnes plays the 4, he gets less play time in this scenario. His struggles are likely tied to play time -- so the Raps should create a situation which makes his struggles worse? (sarcasm)
      It could very well disrupt the chemistry, but with Lowry's future uncertain you have to make this trade if it is available, which I doubt it is. Plus, Demar could play the 3 with Thompson at the 2, with Barnes and Ross subbing for them off the bench, either of which can pass for a 3. That would be an incredibly deep wing rotation, all of whom are young with upside. Each of these guys are also great trade assets, so it wouldn't be an issue to clear up the log jam at the wings if it was evident that one existed, that can be used to fill other holes in the roster.

I think this trade scenario is no more likely than Lowry for Durant, but I would take it if it was offered.

Comment

• Reading the article, it was Thompson OR Barnes, not both. Barnes in particular has gotten lots of playing time, far too much playing time from what I've read. His MO seems to be taking long, often contested, jumpers with plenty of time on the clock.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Cleveland would make an interesting third team partner with the Raptors/Warriors.

Barnes ends up in Cleveland
          Lowry in GS

Cleveland has assets.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Cleveland would make an interesting third team partner with the Raptors/Warriors.

Barnes ends up in Cleveland
            Lowry in GS

Cleveland has assets.
            And Toronto gets a package of McDonalds coupons?

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Reading the article, it was Thompson OR Barnes, not both. Barnes in particular has gotten lots of playing time, far too much playing time from what I've read. His MO seems to be taking long, often contested, jumpers with plenty of time on the clock.
              He fancies ISO post ups at mediocre efficiency as well, infact the entire warriors lineup do. Terrible that with all the shooting they have, as well as great passing all through the roster, that their offense is so average.
              But with that being said, there's no way they trade both those young guys.

Comment

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
                Lowry for Thompson and Barnes ???

http://www.jobsnhire.com/articles/85...ors-rumors.htm
                (not sure how trustworthy this is)

Would you do this? I mean talent-wise you can't ask for anything more than this, but would it work chemistry-wise? Do we want Vazquez to be our PG in the playoffs with Stone backing him up? Definitely would be interesting though.
                I would do it

I would be more inclined to substitute DD for Lowry. Even if we didn't get Thompson, just Barnes+Ezeli+Bazemore would be good enough for me.

Comment

• Wasn't able to open the link regarding the Lowry for Barnes or Thompson trade, but my understanding is that Warriors want to add scoring to their bench which is 29th of 30 teams when it comes to bench scoring. Would Vasques and Patterson for Barnes do the job? Not sure how salaries match or CBA rules though..

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    Wasn't able to open the link regarding the Lowry for Barnes or Thompson trade, but my understanding is that Warriors want to add scoring to their bench which is 29th of 30 teams when it comes to bench scoring. Would Vasques and Patterson for Barnes do the job? Not sure how salaries match or CBA rules though..
                    Okay, just reread my post and that does sound waaaay to good to be possible.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                      Wasn't able to open the link regarding the Lowry for Barnes or Thompson trade, but my understanding is that Warriors want to add scoring to their bench which is 29th of 30 teams when it comes to bench scoring. Would Vasques and Patterson for Barnes do the job? Not sure how salaries match or CBA rules though..
                      That actually might be a good trade. I think we have to throw in some kind of a sweetener though. SAC 2nd round this year or something like that. NYK 2016 1st?
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Speaking of Ezeli, he's just the kind of backup C I would like the raptors to get.

Comment

• What exactly is so good about Harrison Barnes?
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            What exactly is so good about Harrison Barnes?
                            Things and stuff in general. Give or take a couple things to be sure. But he does somethings pretty OK to be precise. Plus or minus
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                              That actually might be a good trade. I think we have to throw in some kind of a sweetener though. SAC 2nd round this year or something like that. NYK 2016 1st?
                              I wouldn't make that trade. Two useful pieces and a pick for Barnes, no thanks.

Comment

• That last sentence in the linked piece ...is it.

And, please do not give up on 2Pat at this point...he is exactly the type of player we would want to acquire to solidify the team (low cost, with leadership/team first qualities and talented).

Comment

Working...
                                X