Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    What about Nash's cap hit?
    Could be well worth absorbing for Smart or Ennis, especially with Lowry gone. It is just one more year.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      The Knicks make me laugh. All the time.
      Most Knicks fans appear stupid & delusional. I refuse to laugh at stupid people.

Comment

Could be well worth absorbing for Smart or Ennis, especially with Lowry gone. It is just one more year.
        Would hurt our ability to get a free agent though...
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

What about Nash's cap hit?
          He's expiring at 9.7M. Perhaps medical retirement might give the Raps and even better relief (again, I could be wrong with this - not sure).
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

if the knicks want to trade for lowry I think the price just went up ....hardaway jr, first round pick and we can relieve them of felton ( not that I want to trade lowry but if we do that is what I would accept )

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              He's expiring at 9.7M. Perhaps medical retirement might give the Raps and even better relief (again, I could be wrong with this - not sure).
              Just don't think Masai will want that money sucked into an old, broken body, even for one year

Comment

So?
                What FA? A PG?
                Question: Would you rather have Smart (or Ennis) plus (possibly) Nash or Kyle? In each case around 9-11 Mil.
                ps: If Nash retires, we might (correct me if I am wrong) get a injured player exemption?

Comment

We will likely have a hard time being big players in the free agent market as our team stands. No real opportunities until 2015 or 2016

Comment

Just don't think Masai will want that money sucked into an old, broken body, even for one year
                    It's the Lakers' 2014 1st round pick that's the key to this. Lakers will always be win-now mode anyway. They could get Lowry, get away from the Nash experiment and we get a nice first rounder. Again, I don't see Lakers going for this but is a heck of a deal for the Raps.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

We will likely have a hard time being big players in the free agent market as our team stands. No real opportunities until 2015 or 2016
                      I guess you're right, just thinking every possibility

Comment

Its not like we are going to have major cap space next year, so your paying nash 9.7 M for one year and you can get a top 10 pick !
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

It's the Lakers' 2014 1st round pick that's the key to this. Lakers will always be win-now mode anyway. They could get Lowry, get away from the Nash experiment and we get a nice first rounder. Again, I don't see Lakers going for this but is a heck of a deal for the Raps.
                          Maybe the Lakers could swallow their pride for once and go for the draft?

Nah, they're the Lakers. Never Tank. Always go for every big free agent because you're LA

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                            Its not like we are going to have major cap space next year, so your paying nash 9.7 M for one year and you can get a top 10 pick !
                            He'd be a nice teacher to Ennis or Smart and maybe Vazquez if he sticks around. Could become an assistant as well, front office, who knows.

Comment

He'd be a nice teacher to Ennis or Smart and maybe Vazquez if he sticks around. Could become an assistant as well, front office, who knows.
                              I wonder if Nash has ever expressed interest in coaching? I don't recall seeing that.

Comment

Why would LA give up their 2014 1st to TO? There is no logical reason to do this, unless you think Nash's contract is that debilitating to the Lakers that they would give up their pick to move him. I don't think they do this. If they want a decent young player to help fill the void when Kobe leaves, then their pick provides a very good opportunity to do so. Furthermore, if LA is going to give up their pick, then I bet they would want more back than Lowry.

Comment

Working...
                                X