Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What WILL Masai do at the trade deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bargnani offered a team something?

Jokes aside tho, it's possible fields gets moved. If you've got a veteran you don't have a use for on a rebuilding team, and you've got cap space you don't intend to use, why not take a shot on a guy who averaged 9 and 6 his first year and oozed potential?
    @Boymusic66

Comment

Fields has negative value. I guess technically next year as an expiring contract he could have value but then you'd be taking back an even worse long term contract. Fields will be a Raptor until the summer of 2015.

Bargnani and Gay had some value... although they seemed like negative assets they both had some talent. Fields is injured and injured players just don't get traded.

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
        Bargnani offered a team something?

Jokes aside tho, it's possible fields gets moved. If you've got a veteran you don't have a use for on a rebuilding team, and you've got cap space you don't intend to use, why not take a shot on a guy who averaged 9 and 6 his first year and oozed potential?
        Sadly, he's bone dry now. I'd be surprised to see him signed after 2015.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
          Sadly, he's bone dry now. I'd be surprised to see him signed after 2015.
          Someone will give him a $1m deal or so. He's still a good defender who can run an offense, and you just have to gamble on his shot returning. That's worth a small deal.

Comment

Raps76 wrote: View Post
            @slaw I disagree, I think JV is getting rundown & Amir is banged up. I don't like our bigs situation going into the playoffs, if we can acquire a back up center for cheap to help JV I think we should do it, it could mean the difference between winning our first round series in 6 or potentially getting upset and losing our first round series in 7.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
            I am not sure what you are basing this on. How many minutes are you purporting to play this back-up centre that he will be the difference between winning and losing a playoff series? 30 minutes a night? I struggle to recall the last time a back-up centre decided a playoff series.... I am going to guess the answer is "never".

There is also the question of who are you taking minutes from. If you bring in a back-up centre then either you're sitting Patterson or Hansbrough or Amir. Given Casey, it likely means Hansbrough is out of the rotation altogether. That's fine but you'd better bring someone who can be more productive in those limited minutes. I am absolutely opposed to trading for a big stiff just for the 6 fouls unless they can get that guy for nothing.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              I am not sure what you are basing this on. How many minutes are you purporting to play this back-up centre that he will be the difference between winning and losing a playoff series? 30 minutes a night? I struggle to recall the last time a back-up centre decided a playoff series.... I am going to guess the answer is "never".

There is also the question of who are you taking minutes from. If you bring in a back-up centre then either you're sitting Patterson or Hansbrough or Amir. Given Casey, it likely means Hansbrough is out of the rotation altogether. That's fine but you'd better bring someone who can be more productive in those limited minutes. I am absolutely opposed to trading for a big stiff just for the 6 fouls unless they can get that guy for nothing.
              I think Hansbrough returning healthy will take a load off of Amir, which will allow for him to get healthy.

We've got a solid four man rotation in the front court with a replacement level 5th big man. I think we're shored up there.
              "Bruno?
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Let's remind ourselves that Faried is only in his 3rd season. If Masai's job is to acquire young, athletic, hard-working, defensive, pieces on cheap contracts, Faried's a no-brainer regardless of how he fits this current roster.

This is about much more than this season's playoff run. This is about long-term roster management.

Comment

Faried is too small. I'd love to get Varejao somehow. He's the perfect big who can play both PF/C, and start or backup. Not sure if he's even on the block and what the Raps would have to give to get, but most reports say that the Cavs are itching to do something at the deadline.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Faried is too small. I'd love to get Varejao somehow. He's the perfect big who can play both PF/C, and start or backup. Not sure if he's even on the block and what the Raps would have to give to get, but most reports say that the Cavs are itching to do something at the deadline.
                    Varejao has a summer home on the block. Cleveland just always asks for too much.

Comment

Whatever Masai does, I hope he doesn't get stuck with someone on this list!
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Let's remind ourselves that Faried is only in his 3rd season. If Masai's job is to acquire young, athletic, hard-working, defensive, pieces on cheap contracts, Faried's a no-brainer regardless of how he fits this current roster.

This is about much more than this season's playoff run. This is about long-term roster management.
                        at 24 yearsold, Kenneth Faried has a LOT of potential. He is cheap, which may allow us to sign another free agent as well. Its the kind of asset we need.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          at 24 yearsold, Kenneth Faried has a LOT of potential. He is cheap, which may allow us to sign another free agent as well. Its the kind of asset we need.
                          You guys are a lot higher on Faried than I am. I haven't really been following him to be fair, but I thought the excitement over his potential had kind of faded.
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I'd like to see some type of move to jettison picks and a few other pieces for some sort of high priced expiring. Close to impossible, I know, but I 'm more looking for a tool up to sign a very big time FA in the next year or two, all while keeping JV, DD, and Lowry.

I'm not good with these things though.... hahaha

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                              I'd like to see some type of move to jettison picks and a few other pieces for some sort of high priced expiring. Close to impossible, I know, but I 'm more looking for a tool up to sign a very big time FA in the next year or two, all while keeping JV, DD, and Lowry.

I'm not good with these things though.... hahaha
                              the nice thing is that most of our bad contracts expire in 2015.

to make things better, there aren't any real, top-notch free agents that would really come here this year either.

so were all over 2015 free agents right now.
                              "Bruno?
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Plus Faried is an asset on a rookie deal.

There is lots of flexibility to retain him.

He also is a nice trade chip.

Raps should be in asset accumulation right now.

If Lowry is looking to walk away this summer and Masai is not sure on a sign and trade, as much as I hate to say it right now, you have to trade him.

Comment

Working...
                                X