• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope. Definitely nothing to see here.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Yes, a 56-win team, that has improved every year for 4 seasons, has two all-stars, a stud young centre, and one of the best benches in the NBA and has made the second round of the playoffs has a rotten foundation. Come on, man.

If you actually believe that, then fire Ujiri and his team, fire Casey, let DD walk, trade Lowry, Ross, Carroll, and JV and start over from scratch with a new GM and President, a new front office and a new coach. Cause that's the foundation of the team. If it's rotten, then it should all be gone. Maybe in 5-7 years if they do everything perfect we can see some playoff basketball again.
      Obviously a little exaggeration born out of frustration, but it gets old when the same core fail continually, by approaching the game with such a flawed strategic game-plan. Something's got to give.

Casey would be the easiest piece move, on the assumption that the players are good enough to be able to adapt to a new coach. That's why I was pushing for Casey to be fired last offseason (after a second straight playoff failure), while DeRozan still had a year under contract, to see what he was capable of under a new coach.

Given the comments from DeRozan and Lowry throughout the past season, I fear that there is now a culture that has permeated through the team, which a coaching change may not be able to fully address.

It's not that there's anything fundamentally wrong with any of them (Casey, DeRozan and Lowry), but rather what they've built together. Since the Raptors (MU) are on the cusp of having to reinvest significant dollars to commit to each of them long-term, now is the perfect (only) time to consider other options.

When you consider what could be returned via trade and/or the cap space created by their departure, as well as organic growth of other players and existing methods for improving the team (ie: 4 1st round picks over the next 2 drafts), I think you're blowing out of proportion what it would mean to the team (short or long term) to move on from 1, 2 or even all 3 of them.

Comment

• Lowry is not taking bad shots he is just missing shots derozan on the other hand!!!! Man that guy is shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

Nope. Definitely nothing to see here.
          Nothing cryptic about that....

Comment

• He also said that he has no trouble knocking down shots when he's by himself.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Nothing cryptic about that....
              I am very interested to see what is said after the season. It just seems strange to me that he's jacking up shots at 1:00 am if it's an injury that's causing him pain. I struggle to make sense of that. Did he/is he changing his shot mechanics?

And then this: if we all think he injured/re-injured the elbow on March 20, in the 9 games after that from 3-point land he went: 3/10; 0/8; 2/8; 2/4; 4/10; 3/8; 2/6; 4/7 and 3/8. Aggregated it doesn't look great at 33% but it's not really a particularly unusual stretch. I mean, he had a 9-game stretch in December going 19/65 from December 17 to January 3. And there are similar 9-game stretches throughout the year.

I don't know. This whole thing is just fucked.

Comment

I am very interested to see what is said after the season. It just seems strange to me that he's jacking up shots at 1:00 am if it's an injury that's causing him pain. I struggle to make sense of that. Did he/is he changing his shot mechanics?

And then this: if we all think he injured/re-injured the elbow on March 20, in the 9 games after that from 3-point land he went: 3/10; 0/8; 2/8; 2/4; 4/10; 3/8; 2/6; 4/7 and 3/8. Aggregated it doesn't look great at 33% but it's not really a particularly unusual stretch. I mean, he had a 9-game stretch in December going 19/65 from December 17 to January 3. And there are similar 9-game stretches throughout the year.

Keep in mind that good stretch after the elbow injury includes a few games right after he had it drained where he looked more comfortable.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

To add to what DanH said, there's a scenario where he's not actually in pain, but the injury is mechanically screwing with his shot in a way that's hard to replicate in a 'shooting in a gym by yourself' scenario, because you're consciously focusing on every shot, versus a game scenario where there's a hundred other things going on and you're doing it entirely on muscle memory.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• this has to be a physical problem. No way a guy drops off that bad after an injury and doesn't get it back if the injury has healed. No fucking way the bulldog we've all come to know and love is a mental midget, or whatever ridiculous description you want to put on his psyche. Dudes a friggin beast, an unstoppable force of friggin nature when he gets going. We've all seen it, we've all felt it, we've all praised it, and we've all basked in it's fucking glory. Is he playing like crap? yes. But don't turn on him now like he's some backstabbing piece of shit that just fucked your girl and is trying to play like shit on purpose. He was a legit MVP candidate this season, how quickly we forget.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      this has to be a physical problem. No way a guy drops off that bad after an injury and doesn't get it back if the injury has healed. No fucking way the bulldog we've all come to know and love is a mental midget, or whatever ridiculous description you want to put on his psyche. Dudes a friggin beast, an unstoppable force of friggin nature when he gets going. We've all seen it, we've all felt it, we've all praised it, and we've all basked in it's fucking glory. Is he playing like crap? yes. But don't turn on him now like he's some backstabbing piece of shit that just fucked your girl and is trying to play like shit on purpose. He was a legit MVP candidate this season, how quickly we forget.
                      Hahahaha. This!

Comment

this has to be a physical problem. No way a guy drops off that bad after an injury and doesn't get it back if the injury has healed. No fucking way the bulldog we've all come to know and love is a mental midget, or whatever ridiculous description you want to put on his psyche. Dudes a friggin beast, an unstoppable force of friggin nature when he gets going. We've all seen it, we've all felt it, we've all praised it, and we've all basked in it's fucking glory. Is he playing like crap? yes. But don't turn on him now like he's some backstabbing piece of shit that just fucked your girl and is trying to play like shit on purpose. He was a legit MVP candidate this season, how quickly we forget.
                        Its not just his shot though... It's almost everything.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Its not just his shot though... It's almost everything.
                          I agree yesterday his whole game was off, but I wouldn't say this has been true for the whole playoffs. He's made tons of smart and key plays. I think he's only had two bad "overall" games. Game 1 yesterday and game 1 last series.

Comment

• You can lose a lot of your range of motion without experiencing pain, your arm just simply won't move the way it used to. Happens to tons of people after a shoulder injury. They used to be able to lift their arm over their head, now they can only lift it parallel to their shoulders. No pain, just a loss of range of motion.

Comment

+1,000,000
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

i would even extend this consideration to everyone in a raptors jersey. only one guy has ever quit while here. a couple others quit before even getting here. if they didn't clean the floors, kyle's blood stains would be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X