Fire Leo Rautins Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

Listen, I don't really like Leo either. But I don't plan to sign a petition to have him removed. Hubie Brown is one of the best ever, because Leo isn't Hubie, doesn't make Leo incompetent, or otherwise deserving to be fired.

Sidenote.... 18 years X 42 games, is WAY TOO MANY!

hahaha

Addict!
    Wow, you just made me crunch my own numbers. 18 years X 75-82 regular season games + 27 playoff games = 1377 to 1503 Raptors games.

That's a lot of time spent watching ugly ball.

Comment

• hahahaha

now try being the commentators.

think on it.

I spoke to Devlin about this and he was hilarious. Had a beer with him at real Sports once, he actually said "oh man, it gets so hard sometimes, it's pretty bad".

That was in response to me asking him if he was super relived when the regular season was done so he could start his TNT gig, turns out, a resounding YES was the answer hahahaha

Comment

hahahaha

think on it.

I spoke to Devlin about this and he was hilarious. Had a beer with him at real Sports once, he actually said "oh man, it gets so hard sometimes, it's pretty bad".

That was in response to me asking him if he was super relived when the regular season was done so he could start his TNT gig, turns out, a resounding YES was the answer hahahaha
        I think that's because he doesn't really know the game. I don't know what his pedigree is, but I get the sense that he was never deeply involved in basketball before announcing. If this is indeed the case, then I can see how it would be a difficult job. But for anyone who loves the game, you're basically living the dream.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          I think that's because he doesn't really know the game. I don't know what his pedigree is, but I get the sense that he was never deeply involved in basketball before announcing. If this is indeed the case, then I can see how it would be a difficult job. But for anyone who loves the game, you're basically living the dream.
          Call me a hater all you want but Devlin is really bad at his job. He doesn't know players names, he starts sentences without knowing how to get out of it, he doesn't have even a basic understanding of the game, he anticipates playcalls but he's wrong about half the time which leaves him hanging with these really really awkward moments where he just keeps trying to dig his way out of the original mistake with non-stop talking, he's constantly one action behind the play.

It's awful, I don't understand the love for this guy, he's legitimately bad at his job as the Raptors commentator, on TNT he simply says the players names and the basics and stays out of Fratello's way so it works better there.

Comment

hahahaha

think on it.

Awesome story.

That's what I always figured and it's good to hear some validation on that. Calling 4 + years of doom and gloom basketball and trying to pretend you're enthused about calling another game when Bargnani is your best player would not be easy. Doesn't matter if it's your job or what.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
              Call me a hater all you want but Devlin is really bad at his job. He doesn't know players names, he starts sentences without knowing how to get out of it, he doesn't have even a basic understanding of the game, he anticipates playcalls but he's wrong about half the time which leaves him hanging with these really really awkward moments where he just keeps trying to dig his way out of the original mistake with non-stop talking, he's constantly one action behind the play.

It's awful, I don't understand the love for this guy, he's legitimately bad at his job as the Raptors commentator, on TNT he simply says the players names and the basics and stays out of Fratello's way so it works better there.
              You forgot about how he routinely cuts off his colour man mid-sentence to call a semi-meaningless play
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Devlin is a pro.

Period.

You guys are maybe a bit misinformed

Comment

• Leo is probably the best announcer in the NBA i dont get the hate tbh
                  I been singing and rapping I make a killin' in both If i had to choose a Jackson man I'm feelin' like Bo ~ king drizzy

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Protection by the charter doesn't make it any less shameful.

EDIT: You have every right to start/sign a petition to have volunteers banned from hospitals because you don't like their uniforms, but it would still be a pathetic gesture.
                    You have the right to make the above analogy though it comparing apples to oranges. Some fans are unhappy with Leo and have started a petition in that regard. They are not banning Leo. They want his job performance critically assessed by management. You have a problem with performance review?

Comment

• Leo:

"Hansborough will feel you, he will lay the wood on ya"

Phrasing boom.

Keeper

Comment

• They all suck. Their suits are more lively and entertaining than them.

That being said, I'm not signing a petition to put someone out of a job.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Devlin is a pro.

Period.

Yep, he gets paid to be a commentator.

He is, therefore, a pro. By definition.

No argument with that here.
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Devlin is a pro.

Period.

This is true. I dont love the guy .. find him generally chessy and annoying the way he puts "mmm" in front of everything '' The mmRaptors pick up the mmpace" .. but he is a pro. Probably one of the top ten play by play guys out there. He knows what hes doing. Watch him on TNT during the playoffs (maybe he wont be there this year cause we will be in) and you will find him a lot better

Comment

• I find that Jack often times needs Matt to correct him. I've never thought of Matt as someone who lacks basketball knowledge. I think no matter who announces the games, watching them and listening to them for hundreds and thousands of games, most of us will find some aspect about them that is annoying to us.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                                I find that Jack often times needs Matt to correct him. I've never thought of Matt as someone who lacks basketball knowledge.
                                Neither. I find him very well informed, at least about all the players and teams around the league, their strengths and weaknesses etc. Maybe in game he may make some incorrect reads, but he is the play by play guy anyway.
                                So many commentators know nothing about the opponent, but I find it obvious he does his research and watches a good amount of basketball. Even some of the special comments guys out there, who may have been Hall of Fame players, have their thoughts about the game stuck in the 80's and obviously don't watch much basketball outside the games they commentate.
                                He's a pro, and the raptors could do with a lot worse than him and Jack as a combo. Agree with your other point as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X