JV Arrested for DUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    I'm sorry, but what world do most of you live in where thi sis a big surprise to you. A 20 year old, athlete prima donno newly minted millionaire had open beer in a vehicle...... really, this surprises you?

Say whatever you want, its a mistake,a nd he is paying really fucking dearly for it. At least he didn't lie, and took responsibility for it.

Anyhow..... whatever, he still plays, thats all I care about.
    Same all I care about at this point is whether he gets suspended this season or next
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
      I'm sorry, but what world do most of you live in where thi sis a big surprise to you. A 20 year old, athlete prima donno newly minted millionaire had open beer in a vehicle...... really, this surprises you?

Say whatever you want, its a mistake,a nd he is paying really fucking dearly for it. At least he didn't lie, and took responsibility for it.

Anyhow..... whatever, he still plays, thats all I care about.
      JV's just about the last guy on this team I'd expect to do something like this. Think that's why most people are surprised.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        JV's just about the last guy on this team I'd expect to do something like this. Think that's why most people are surprised.
        I'd be pretty surprised is Salmons did it.

Casey probably follows him around so his prized vet doesn't get hurt.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Man, the sheer stupidity of it is what annoys me the most. Dude can afford to hire 10 drivers. The fact that he would risk his own health and career and the lives of others over such little reward amazes me. Not to mention that he's not a Canadian citizen so he could be kicked out of the country. It's much worse than some punk kid getting caught with a DUI. And so close to the playoffs, too. If I were his dad, I'd beat some sense into him.

WTF was he doing up by Wasaga in this weather, anyway?

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that his mps was 80? Isn't that hardly even considered a DUI?

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              I'd be surprised at any of them tbh, seems like an intelligent group of guys with no real history of such things.

Comment

• Wow. Not the guy I would have guessed.

As I always say when this comes up, there but for the grace it God. When I grew up, everyone drove drunk. Everyone. Unless you were blasted you drove home. Now, things have changed. Especially when you are a public person you have to be extra careful. Bad judgement. Hopefully, it's just that and not a major issue.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  "Possible" being the key word. He's worth too much to deport.
                  If he was some bum on the street, then ya, but I can't imagine he has anything to worry about.
                  All it would take is the wrong judge who doesn't give a crap about politics, athletes and sports.

What are the common convictions that will make a person inadmissible to Canada?

Drink driving or impaired driving convictions (even if they are recorded as a traffic offence) where the blood alcohol reading is 0.081% or above – or a breath reading of 0401mgms/L or above, will make you inadmissible to Canada.
                  It doesn't take much to blow over 80, even if you're 6'11". Four to six drinks over a couple hours would do it.

Comment

• webfeat wrote: View Post
                    All it would take is the wrong judge who doesn't give a crap about politics, athletes and sports.

It doesn't take much to blow over 80, even if you're 6'11". Four to six drinks over a couple hours would do it.
                    He exceeded 80mgs.

"Valanciunas is charged with having greater than 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood and will make his first court appearance in a Collingwood court on April 22nd."

Deportation rules are bit different to immigrants with self-employed visa, so Jonas will be good if he stays out of trouble.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      He exceeded 80mgs.

"Valanciunas is charged with having greater than 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood and will make his first court appearance in a Collingwood court on April 22nd."

Deportation rules are bit different to immigrants with self-employed visa, so Jonas will be good if he stays out of trouble.
                      Great..vince had his graduation and now Jv has his court date...fickkkk
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• webfeat wrote: View Post
                        Judges shouldn't care about politics, athletes and sports. That being said, there is zero chance of him being deported.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                          Great..vince had his graduation and now Jv has his court date...fickkkk
                          Toronto's cursed man, can't change it.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Remember Jonas " Christ" Superstar?

Now its Jonas "Drunk" Superstar
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• In terms of off-court drama though this is the first the Raptors have had in quite a while. Last I can think of was the Turkoglu night club incident, and that wasn't even illegal.

Comment

• Raptors on tan headliner...oh damn it's just jonas driving drunk
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X