No announcement yet.

Everything Masai Ujiri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool.. most of the gang is back. Just need the king to sign on the dotted line. Hope MLSE doesn't f@ck it up.

Comment

• He said "our".. and twice!

#HeStay

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Congrats to Bobby. Not surprised about Masai. He is one of the best executives in the league, he'll use it to his advantage and negotiate for a better contract.
        Tbh, with Webster signed long-term, it gives Masai less leverage. Nurse and the young core (Siakam/FVV/OG) are also locked up long-term. It almost feels like Masai is putting a nice bow on the franchise, so that if he/when decides to leave, he can exit with a clear conscience.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Tbh, with Webster signed long-term, it gives Masai less leverage. Nurse and the young core (Siakam/FVV/OG) are also locked up long-term. It almost feels like Masai is putting a nice bow on the franchise, so that if he/when decides to leave, he can exit with a clear conscience.
          Or another spin on it. Hes got a good group of guys around him that has led to a championship and wants them keep them around beside him. Signing Nurse, Bobby and the core has no indication on him leaving.

Comment

• Good news with Bobby re-upped.

Personally I think Masai has a great situation here and isn't leaving easily. But he's also not teflon here any longer and has some work to do. If it turns out that elite players still refuse to sign here, that's a steep hill to climb even for him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

He said "our".. and twice!

#HeStay
              Let's not use THAT hashtag this time around guys....lol
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Or another spin on it. Hes got a good group of guys around him that has led to a championship and wants them keep them around beside him. Signing Nurse, Bobby and the core has no indication on him leaving.
                I like your take much more. Masai could just have been using his leverage to get "his guys" signed before he himself commits.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Let's not use THAT hashtag this time around guys....lol
                  #heremain
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MLSE (teachers pension fund) has deep pockets Im sure they can offer as much as anyone

edit: didnt realize teacher pension fund sold out and rogers and bce are majority owners. Still deep pockets
                    Last edited by Yuri Gagarin; Thu Feb 4, 2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                      MLSE (teachers pension fund) has deep pockets Im sure they can offer as much as anyone
                      Rogers and Bell split 75% of MLSE and Larry Tanenbaum owns the other 25%.

So yes, they have deep pockets but no they won't outbid teams into the stratosphere if a board full of suits doesn't approve it
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        Good news with Bobby re-upped.

Personally I think Masai has a great situation here and isn't leaving easily. But he's also not teflon here any longer and has some work to do. If it turns out that elite players still refuse to sign here, that's a steep hill to climb even for him.
                        What if Bobby is really the brain behind the Raps success? they've been protective when it comes to him they didn't even want the Bulls to interview him. Compare to Weltman who they just let go.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

So yes, they have deep pockets but no they won't outbid teams into the stratosphere if a board full of suits doesn't approve it
                          👍🏻

And incase anyone else is wondering....

https://www.mlse.com/our-company/board-of-directors

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                            Good news with Bobby re-upped.

Can't think of any executive in the league who I'd rather see go running up that hill. Given the hand he has been dealt, he's come up mostly aces.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

#heremain
                              #Masa'ine and Dine

Comment

If Masai leaves I don't think it will be a money issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X