The Nets are B*TCHES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter N wrote: View Post
    The teams aren't playing for your entertainment, that just happens to be a byproduct of it
    With this one statement.

You have been classified.

Comment

Dude whatever you say. It's still gonna happen. You can complain but nothing will change.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Yo SUPERJUDGE I seen you on the nets board LMAO
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Dude whatever you say. It's still gonna happen. You can complain but nothing will change.
          Oh hey man, I agree.

I'm just saying, its lame.

thats all.

Hell ya it will happen..... it has, many, many times.

I with ya boss

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Yo SUPERJUDGE I seen you on the nets board LMAO

Damn Nets

I had to leave, I didnt wanna get into it with um

Comment

There's no contract between the teams and ticket-buyers that teams HAVE to put their best players on the floor. Obviously that's what we expect as fans, but teams are under no obligation to do so.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                There's no contract between the teams and ticket-buyers that teams HAVE to put their best players on the floor. Obviously that's what we expect as fans, but teams are under no obligation to do so.
                Wrong board Shumpert!

Go back to the knicks board!

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Again, the Pacers FLAT OUT sannounced they were sitting all 5 starters before a game.

No consequence.

Imagine, you're a min wage guy, saved all year to bring your kid to a game.... show up, and the team you came to watch sat its starters.

How dthat make you feel???

The NBA IS a joke.

Hell, Toronto did it with DD last night..... shame.
                  LOL frankly, when I'm making a big purchase, I do research. A cursory amount of research will tell you to avoid the last five or so games of the NBA season like the plague (unless you're buying tickets a few days from the game and know for sure that you won't be seeing any tank jobs).

And you know what? If EVERYONE did this, then Adam Silver would be forced to change things.

You vote with your purchases.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

oh and N, I'm sorry if im coming at ya, i dont mean to, im only just talking about the rules, not about whether or not it exists ok. Sorry bud.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      LOL frankly, when I'm making a big purchase, I do research. A cursory amount of research will tell you to avoid the last five or so games of the NBA season like the plague (unless you're buying tickets a few days from the game and know for sure that you won't be seeing any tank jobs).

And you know what? If EVERYONE did this, then Adam Silver would be forced to change things.

get the fuck outta here with that.

do you ask um to refund the last from your season tickets?

The amount of excuses you guys make for your beloved athletes and teams is hilarious.

They are trained entertainers. On contract to perform at the highest level for fans who have held up their end of the bargain the MINUTE they purchased the tickets. As if it fucking matters what game it is. You dont get a say if youre an athlete, if you are, its simple, when its gametime, unless you are legitimately hurt, you are under contract to show up, and perform at the highest level you are capable of. There isn't wiggle room. it isn't ....like holy FUCK why o I need to even say this, but it isn't the consumers fault for buy x game of y game (thats the most ridiculous fucking thing I have ever read...cursory research...stfu man, thats hilarious). These guys are compensated very nicely for what they do for a living. They dont have to option of simply taking 17,000 people money and not fucking showing up.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.....

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post

anyhow, thats why they fine um Jimi.

and they should.

no?

Comment

SuperJudge what you're saying is just not right.

You pay to watch a basketball game, they promise to show you a basketball game, and they do. That's their portion of the contract. If you ever go to a game and they don't show you a basketball game you get your money back. However there is no guarantee for the quality of the game you get.

I went to see Kevin Durant play the Raptors 3 or 4 years ago, on that day the Raptors blew out the Thunder and it was really boring game all in all. I spent a fair amount of money on those tickets too, but just because that game wasn't as exciting as this year's game when the Thunder came to town does not mean I get my money back. I paid for a basketball game, sometimes it's exciting, sometimes it's boring, sometimes your favourite players plays and sometimes they don't. As long as a basketball game is shown to you then the company and the people involved have fulfilled their end. The reason people like sports as entertainment is because you never know what you're going to get, for better or for worse.

But once again you have to understand those players' goal isn't to entertain you, it's to win games. If you want players whose jobs it is to entertain you then you should go watch the Globetrotters play.

Comment

anyhow, thats why they fine um Jimi.

and they should.

no?
                            Has anyone other than the Spurs (just that one time) ever been fined for sitting players?
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

get the fuck outta here with that.

do you ask um to refund the last from your season tickets?

The amount of excuses you guys make for your beloved athletes and teams is hilarious.

They are trained entertainers. On contract to perform at the highest level for fans who have held up their end of the bargain the MINUTE they purchased the tickets. As if it fucking matters what game it is. You dont get a say if youre an athlete, if you are, its simple, when its gametime, unless you are legitimately hurt, you are under contract to show up, and perform at the highest level you are capable of. There isn't wiggle room. it isn't ....like holy FUCK why o I need to even say this, but it isn't the consumers fault for buy x game of y game (thats the most ridiculous fucking thing I have ever read...cursory research...stfu man, thats hilarious). These guys are compensated very nicely for what they do for a living. They dont have to option of simply taking 17,000 people money and not fucking showing up.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.....

LOL you made the jump from "min wage guy" to "season ticket holder" right quick.

But once again:

If enough people were pissed off enough to say:

"I'm cancelling my seasons tickets until this garbage at the end of the season is over",

then it would be over.

Until then, it will continue.
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                                You pay to watch a basketball game, they promise to show you a basketball game, and they do. That's their portion of the contract. If you ever go to a game and they don't show you a basketball game you get your money back. However there is no guarantee for the quality of the game you get.
                                i agree with this but see where supes is coming from. however the league did discipline the spurs last year and should continue to do so. i think that if the teams focus becomes resting for the playoffs then a monetary fine, as we saw with the spurs last year is more than fair. technically those long playoff runs they are preparing for would pay the fines off so no money lost to the team and might dissuade the more frugal ownerships from resting players.

i whole heartedly agree that as a ticket buying fan i am being cheated by the practice.

it also isn't the players who are taking money from us though, it is the teams who are using the likenesses of their employees to sell us tickets. does anyone have a pic of a program or ticket from the indiana game? there might even be pictures of the 5 starters involved there.

Comment

Working...
                                X